¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

What do you Michigan heads think about Boren??
This was discussed a few pages back, but who cares. He's a little $@++! who wanted his playing time handed to him cuz his dad played for BoI believe, then RR came in and pretty much put every position up for grabs and he didnt like it.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

WHO takin Marcus time?
I ve got to see homie play then. #1 is the Goods

It's only spring but he was taking Free's time last yr, and was going to pass him but he messed up his foot. I think having them both out there isgonna be a positive.

Jwill, if you do end up waiting the day of to get tickets, let me know..

What's the O-Line going to look like for tOSU this year? Are the other two frosh Shugarts and Brewster really gonna get significant reps? Is Boone asenior this year?

UGA's spring game starts in about 10 minutes. With the weather around here the past few days, I can't picture the game being anything but sloppy.Stafford and Moreno weren't going to play much, but now they may get pulled entirely. We'll see.

Edit: Stafford/Moreno did play the first series...and put it in the endzone in 4 plays against the 1st team defense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

^

Did A.J. Green enroll early?

Nah...he'll be here in August.

Missing some WRs today. Massaquoi is out, our other top WR recruit (Tavarres King) did enroll early but is out today...Michael Moore has 2 TD catches in the1st half.
Moreno and Caleb King both made some nice moves.

^King looks real good out there. Asher looks like a stud.
What's the O-Line going to look like for tOSU this year? Are the other two frosh Shugarts and Brewster really gonna get significant reps? Is Boone a senior this year?
Boone is a senior. Well, Mike Adams is gonna be out till Oct. (initial report) so.. Shugarts has a real possibility of starting. I think theyshould be better this yr simply b/c of depth and being a lot more aggressive (d-line too). Etienne Sabino is gonna get some burn this yr, w/o a doubt. B/t himand Spitler, the backup spot for JL is gonna be a very slim drop off..if he keeps his spot..j/k. I really have no doubt now that Antonio Henton will play thisyr. Eugene Clifford aswell. The 3rd spot for wideout is up for grabs now, consider Ray Small an afterthought
smh.gif
I think Taurian Washington is default as of now.

Also.. on both sides of the ball, there's gonna be a lot of changes in terms of style of play, personal, and asking ppl to do diff. things (Yes, James).Very good thing imo. No more Vanilla nonsense.

laugh.gif
they aint got no other call besides "Football"
Gotta step they distress call game up.

I got MADDDDD stories about that type ++%$, maybe one day I'll post em all.

Tres, I remember a group of like 6 kids came to athletic Dorm lookin for Vic & EP ( an OLB & SS)
laugh.gif
Why on gods green earth would u come to theAthletic Dorm and start trouble?
smh.gif

Im thinkin they didnt know it was where the athletes stayed, at least thats what I hope
cuz mannnn, dudes caught a BAAAD one

IYE2... yea ill let u know whats up... i would rather have tickets before hand just so i dont drive down there for 13 hours to hang out during the game and notbe able to get good tickets... i dont mind paying more for sitting super close to the field, im just sure im probable going to have to find a season ticketholder selling them on line... im going to keep checking hangonsloopy.com and bucknuts.com to see if any one is selling any...

F389288.jpg

EB

F389294.jpg

F389295.jpg

AF27 looks like he in real good shape.
pimp.gif

F389299.jpg

Skinny %%@ Ahmad Roastin a non descript DB
F389301.jpg

F389305.jpg

D.Rogan INT to the House
They are posting Rave Reviews for the Secondary work, we'll see

Man On A Mission

Perhaps the best story on the Tennessee roster right now is the re-emergence of
Demetrice Morley in the defensive backfield. After being dismissed from school for academic reasons following the 2006 season, most gave Morley little chance of returning.

Most players in a similar situation would move on, maybe look to transfer down to a lower-level where they could play immediately and start to focus on the NFL draft. But Morley took the hard road, staying in the area to attend community college and working his way back into school in the face of long odds.

Of course it wouldn't be nearly as good of a story if Morley had lost 'it' after a year away from the game. We won't know for sure until the Vols play someone with different colored jerseys, but early sings suggest that not only has Morley not lost 'it', he may even be a better player than he was after being a starter as a sophomore.

"Demetrice is on a mission. He's learning how to be a student of the game and he's being an outstanding leader right now," Slade said of Morley. "He's really taking it to the next level."

His presence, along with the super-talented Berry at the safety spots, also gives the guys playing cornerback a level of comfort that allows them to play the position aggressively.

"With the two safeties we have back there you don't have to worry as much about biting on a double-move and getting burnt. You can just break on everything and feel comfortable," Rogan said of the feeling of security provided by Morley and Berry. "You know that you've got your help your back there. You just know those guys aren't going to let anyone behind them."

Im excited about South Carolina's Garnet and Black game on April 19th.

Too bad Stephen Garcia won't be back until August. Second straight spring game he's missed due to disciplinary action. I'm getting tired of thisALL-Hype loser.

Lots of good info about Michigan practices lately. The O and D getting after eachother. Fights between them after some cheapshots. Everybody seems to bebonding.
Minor and Grady are killing it at RB.
LOTS or different formations.
Threet is starting to separate himself as the clear #1 QB. Feagin should get some burn.
Darryl Stonum is the goods. The other WRs and TEs are also doing good. Some are sick and some have minor injuries.
The OL is still learning but is shaping up nicely. Corey Zirbel has looked mean and good.
The D DOMINATED about 20 straight plays after Shafer gave them a new %@#* hole. The O couldn't gain a yard after that. I know the O is not up to snuff butlots of chatter about how good this D could and should be.
Waiting for all the burners to come in this summer.

RR said the summer will be something these kids NEVER forget. Conditioning is going to make or break some of the players. I hope they all stay.

^Thanks for the info. Sounds like these incoming kids are gonna be in for a reality check, just hope they can tough it out.

Corey Zirbel has looked mean and good.
The funny thing about Zirbel was that he was the first dude out of the locker room every home game last year. Just peaced the f... out

Glad to see him get a new start tho. Moeller threw him under the bus and there was no getting out from beneath it under Carr and co. He was top 100 in hisrecruiting class

I have a question about when they're putting the RB's at QB. Are they mostly just running out of those formations or are they passing some too? I readthat Minors taking snaps at qb since Brown has been injured.

DreClark,

Yeah man, looks like Chris Smelley is going to be the starter. Our schedule is brutal, as always, and I see a 7-5 at best. And that's with a win againsteither Florida, Tennessee, LSU or Georgia.

We got Tennessee, LSU and Georgia in Columbia and Florida and Clemson on the road. We open in Columbia on Thursday night ESPN against N.C. State.

from our first scrimmage:

Passing (completions/attempts/interceptions/yards)

Hartline 12-19-0, 175
FIdler 4-10-1, 92, 1 TD
Pulley 3-10-1, 31

Pulley
sick.gif

Ddot07, this coming from someone who trolls ALL of my posts.
devil.gif

When is Clemson going to get over the hump and win an ACC title?

Don't say anything about SC, we're in the SEC East, a division that could be substituted for the entire Big 10 in BCS games.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

I have a question about when they're putting the RB's at QB. Are they mostly just running out of those formations or are they passing some too? I read that Minors taking snaps at qb since Brown has been injured.

From what I have gathered RR wants people to play many positions so that nothing looks out of the ordinary. When Breaston was under center, teams shouldhave put 11 in the box because he was gonna run. RR wants guys in different spots so that teams are guessing what will happen. So I would assume, Carlos andMinor are throwing out of these sets. I have heard that Minor looks real good running the option when he gets the snap too. I would think we would see thatsometime this year. It just seems as though RR wants all the skill players to learn several spots so that the D will not know what is coming and thus help ouroffense not look so raw.

Back
Top Bottom