¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

..figHT.the.Power..

roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ddot7

Large font will not make anyone care about South Carolina. Thanks.

laugh.gif

DreClark,

Yeah man, looks like Chris Smelley is going to be the starter. Our schedule is brutal, as always, and I see a 7-5 at best. And that's with a win against either Florida, Tennessee, LSU or Georgia.

Cool. Thanks
happy.gif

And that's with a win against either Florida, Tennessee, LSU or Georgia.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Yall gotta see Vandy 1st before you fly off the handle with the bold predictions, matter of fact, yall better worry about scoring aTD vs Vandy , something yall couldnt do last yr 17 - 6
nerd.gif

From what I have gathered RR wants people to play many positions so that nothing looks out of the ordinary. When Breaston was under center, teams should have put 11 in the box because he was gonna run. RR wants guys in different spots so that teams are guessing what will happen. So I would assume, Carlos and Minor are throwing out of these sets. I have heard that Minor looks real good running the option when he gets the snap too. I would think we would see that sometime this year. It just seems as though RR wants all the skill players to learn several spots so that the D will not know what is coming and thus help our offense not look so raw.
I would assume that they would throw more w/ Brown back there since he played qb. Is it anything comparable to like what Arkansas ran w/McFadden?

I refuse to quote you. Troll your posts? Let's be real. I wouldn't read that %$%%*+%% if you weren't absolutely screaming for attention.

Gunna's right little homie, take care of Vandy first and then you can re-start the summer promises of National Championships.

I get it though, because South Carolina's been in the big, bad SEC East, THAT'S the only reason why y'all are sub .500 lifetime as a program. Notbecause anyone with any common sense wouldn't go play football there. It's like, somehow, someway that school would've been destined for GREATNESSif they could've been in another conference. Seriously, Spurrier is supposed to be the savior just like Lou Holtz was, but that damn job is just gonna be areason for him to retire and work on his golf game.

Clemson probably will never win an ACC title. We'll stay content with just beating South Carolina 6 out of every 7 times we play. "Don't talkabout SC" when we've absolutely dominated you dudes? I won't talk @+$$ about UGA or VT til we actually beat them and show that it's not afluke. I don't think Clemson will win the ACC next season, but we're probably considered the most likely right now. Until we can prove it, people willtalk about us underachieving, which is true. The difference is that we underachieve at 9-3 while South Carolina overachieves with bowl eligibility. Ask anyonewho's objective...South Carolina is a joke. Your fans hold onto the SEC thing because you think it gives you credibility. It will if and when you startactually winning. South Carolina is like a trap game...it's nothing when you beat them, but the possibility exists that can beat you and then you'rejust embarrassed.

I swear there's a mental ******ation factory in Columbia, SC. I thank God often that I had the sense to come back to NY.

Originally Posted by zs05wc

From what I have gathered RR wants people to play many positions so that nothing looks out of the ordinary. When Breaston was under center, teams should have put 11 in the box because he was gonna run. RR wants guys in different spots so that teams are guessing what will happen. So I would assume, Carlos and Minor are throwing out of these sets. I have heard that Minor looks real good running the option when he gets the snap too. I would think we would see that sometime this year. It just seems as though RR wants all the skill players to learn several spots so that the D will not know what is coming and thus help our offense not look so raw.
I would assume that they would throw more w/ Brown back there since he played qb. Is it anything comparable to like what Arkansas ran w/ McFadden?

I don't know. They haven't talked in specifics about the different formations just what they hope to accomplish out of them. I would assume therewould be a 2 back system with a direct snap to one of them. The problem is, with Carlos having the finger problems it hasn't allowed them the opportunityto use him in the scrimmages. I would have to think with RR seeing that many of the playmakers from last years team are gone, he will have to keep a tight lidon what he lets out there in regards to formations, for this team to have offensive success.

Kid looks legit. Is he an FSU commit yet? He's quick, good vision, plays all over the field...how big is he? (pause) You know what position he's beingrecruted at and/or where he wants to play?

Kid looks legit. Is he an FSU commit yet? He's quick, good vision, plays all over the field...how big is he? (pause) You know what position he's being recruted at and/or where he wants to play?

I wish he was a commit, but no. Not sure if we're gonna get him. He is a part of a trio (Andre Debose ATH, Ray Ray Armstrong ATH, DYron Dye DL) fromSanford, FL and UF got the jump on us in recruting. Not over yet, but UF seems to be in the driver seat for one of them (Dyron Dye), Debose and his teammateRay Ray are open. Some say Armstrong is leaning towards the 'Caines. Hopefully we grab Debose though. UF is selling him on the fact that he can be thenext Percy....and apparently have told him that Percy will prolly go to the L after this year (He would be dumb to stay imo). As for his size....Listed @6'0 170-175, But you know how those HS measurements can be. We are recruting him as a WR.

We had a half scrimmage today....And the projected starting FS, Darius McClure) got carted off the field
smh.gif
frown.gif

The rivalry war has once again begun.

Gunna, we're 15-1 against Vandy man. It's one game. I was actually there (sorry for me I know) and our offense played like @*+@.

I've always hated the phrase "trap game" btw. My god, any team can beat anyone on any given Saturday. Stay out of my life.

Atleast you SEC fans have some people to argue with. It seems like the only b10 fans on this board are tOSU and Michigan (plus Craftsy for PSU) Anyways hereis a right up about this coming season from Scout:

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]2008 Big Ten Team-by-Team Schedule Breakdown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
539020.jpg

Penn State LB Sean Lee
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]
By Staff

CollegeFootballNews.com
Posted Apr 6, 2008
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

It's all about what teams you miss in the Big Ten. While some don't have to deal with Ohio State and Michigan, others, like Sean Lee's Penn State, have a brutal run of top conference teams. Check out the analysis and breakdown of each Big Ten team's schedule.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

[font=verdana, arial, sans serif]2008 Big Ten Team Schedule[/font][font=verdana, arial, sans serif] [/font]

- 2008 Big Ten Composite Schedule & Top Games

[table][tr][td]Toughest schedules
Based on home games as well as who the teams play. when

1. Penn State
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Wisconsin
5. Purdue
6. Michigan State
7. Minnesota
8. Illinois
9. Northwestern
10. Indiana
11. Iowa
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Illinois
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 10-2
Barring total disaster worst case record: 5-7
Realistic record: 8-4

[size=-1]The tone should be set for the season in the St. Louis showdown against Missouri. If the Illini can pull that off, it would prove right away that 2007 wasn't a fluke and will pave the way for a 3-0 start before an off week. Starting the Big Ten season on the road against Penn State and Michigan isn't a plus, but these might not be the same Penn State and Michigan teams of the past. While the schedule is hardly a breeze, the locations certainly work out well with four of the final seven games at home, including a showdown with Ohio State, while one of the away dates is in Detroit against Western Michigan and one is in Evanston to close out against Northwestern. The problem? The other away game is at Wisconsin. The Illini misses Purdue and Michigan State from the Big Ten schedule.[/size]

Aug. 30 Missouri (St. Louis)
Sept. 6 Eastern Illinois
Sept. 13 UL Lafayette
Sept. 20 OPEN DATE
Sept. 27 at Penn State
Oct. 4 at Michigan
Oct. 11 Minnesota
Oct. 18 Indiana
Oct. 25 at Wisconsin
Nov. 1 Iowa
Nov. 8 Western Michigan (Detroit)
Nov. 15 Ohio State
Nov. 22 at Northwestern

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Indiana
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 9-3
Barring total disaster worst case record: 4-8
Realistic record: 6-6

It doesn't get too much better than starting off with five home games and a trip to Minnesota by mid-October, and while the dates with Michigan State and Iowa will be tough, the Hoosiers should be good enough to get at least a split. There are only four road games, all in Big Ten play, going to Illinois after dealing with the Hawkeyes and closing out at Penn State and at Purdue. Beating Wisconsin might be tough, but the showdown with the Badgers comes after getting Northwestern and Central Michigan at home. How much of a break does IU get in the schedule? There's no Michigan or Ohio State.

Aug. 30 Western Kentucky
Sept. 6 Murray State
Sept. 13 OPEN DATE
Sept. 20 Ball State
Sept. 27 Michigan State
Oct. 4 at Minnesota
Oct. 11 Iowa
Oct. 18 at Illinois
Oct. 25 Northwestern
Nov. 1 Central Michigan
Nov. 8 Wisconsin
Nov. 15 at Penn State
Nov. 22 at Purdue

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Iowa
Realistic record: 7-5

There are two nice warm-up scrimmages against Maine and Florida International before the always tough rivalry showdown against Iowa State and a nasty road trip to face an improved Pitt. All things considered, the Big Ten road schedule couldn't be too much easier getting a week off before facing Illinois and going away to deal with Michigan State and Indiana in back-to-back October weeks. If the Hawkeyes are good, they should be able to win at least two of three at home against Wisconsin, Penn State and Purdue. With no Ohio State or Michigan, this will be the year to come up with a big rebound.

Aug. 30 Maine
Sept. 6 FIU
Sept. 13 Iowa State
Sept. 20 at Pitt
Sept. 27 Northwestern
Oct. 4 at Michigan State
Oct. 11 at Indiana
Oct. 18 Wisconsin
Oct. 25 OPEN DATE
Nov. 1 at Illinois
Nov. 8 Penn State
Nov. 15 Purdue
Nov. 22 at Minnesota

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Michigan
Barring total disaster worst case record: 6-6

While the non-conference schedule might not seem like that big a deal on paper, it's a lot rougher than it appears. If you thought Appalachian State was a nasty home opener, wait until Utah comes to Ann Arbor. No, Miami University isn't going to be a breather with its loaded defense led by a linebacking corps that's as good as any in the Big Ten outside of Ohio State's. Going to Notre Dame isn't going to be a layup this year, and Toledo has a high-octane offense. On the plus side, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan State have to come to the Big House, and there's a relatively easy two-game stretch in mid-November going to Minnesota and hosting Northwestern before the Ohio State showdown, but there's a rough patch of three road games in four weeks going to Penn State and Purdue, wrapped around the always-emotional rivalry game with the Spartans, before finishing up in Minneapolis. Missing Iowa and Indiana isn't necessarily a plus.

Aug. 30 Utah
Sept. 6 Miami Univ.
Sept. 13 at Notre Dame
Sept. 20 OPEN DATE
Sept. 27 Wisconsin
Oct. 4 Illinois
Oct. 11 Toledo
Oct. 18 at Penn State
Oct. 25 Michigan State
Nov. 1 at Purdue
Nov. 8 at Minnesota
Nov. 15 Northwestern
Nov. 22 at Ohio State

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Michigan State

No one's going to expect the Spartans to win the opener at California, so it's sort of a no-lose situation. An upset could set the tone for a huge first half of the year getting expected home wins over Eastern Michigan and Florida Atlantic before dealing with an improved Notre Dame, who MSU should beat. If you're going to go on the road for two Big Ten road dates in three weeks, there's worse than playing at Indiana and Northwestern. The key to the season is the mid-season three-game stretch against Ohio State, at Michigan and Wisconsin before closing out against Purdue, but those are three home games in a four-game stretch before getting a week off. While MSU will be rested for the regular season finale against Penn State, the Nittany Lions will be coming off a game against Indiana. The Spartans catch a huge break missing Illinois, but it all evens out with Minnesota off the schedule.

Aug. 30 at California
Sept. 6 Eastern Michigan
Sept. 13 Florida Atlantic
Sept. 20 Notre Dame
Sept. 27 at Indiana
Oct. 4 Iowa
Oct. 11 at Northwestern
Oct. 18 Ohio State
Oct. 25 at Michigan
Nov. 1 Wisconsin
Nov. 8 Purdue
Nov. 15 OPEN DATE
Nov. 22 at Penn State

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Minnesota
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 8-4

Considering the problems last year against MAC teams and the losses to North Dakota State and Florida Atlantic, Minnesota can't take anything for granted, but starting off with a non-conference schedule against Northern Illinois, at Bowling Green, Montana State and Florida Atlantic doesn't get too much easier. Payback's a bear with three road games in the first four Big Ten dates going to Ohio State, Illinois and Purdue. The fourth Big Ten road trip is to Wisconsin, and that comes after facing Michigan. Getting Indiana and Northwestern at home should bring at least one conference win, while the Gopher fans have to make sure the regular-season finale against Iowa doesn't turn into a Hawkeye home game. Missing Michigan State and Penn State should help.

Aug. 30 Northern Illinois
Sept. 6 at Bowling Green
Sept. 13 Montana State
Sept. 20 Florida Atlantic
Sept. 27 at Ohio State
Oct. 4 Indiana
Oct. 11 at Illinois
Oct. 18 OPEN DATE
Oct. 25 at Purdue
Nov. 1 Northwestern
Nov. 8 Michigan
Nov. 15 at Wisconsin
Nov. 22 Iowa

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Northwestern
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 8-4

The first rule of any schedule: You don't lose to Duke. The second rule of any schedule: You do NOT lose to Duke. The Wildcats blew it at home against the Blue Devils last season, but they'll get another shot. If NU wants to go bowling, it has to win at least three of four, if not all four, against Syracuse, at Duke, Southern Illinois and Ohio before the Big Ten opener at Iowa. Getting at least a split in home games against Michigan State and Purdue, after coming off a week off, is a must with a strange and difficult finishing kick. Going to Indiana and Minnesota for back-to-back road games wouldn't be that big a deal for anyone else, and those might be must wins with Ohio State, at Michigan and Illinois to close things out. Missing Wisconsin and Penn State in Big Ten play is a gigantic break.

Aug. 30 Syracuse
Sept. 6 at Duke
Sept. 13 Southern Illinois
Sept. 20 Ohio
Sept. 27 at Iowa
Oct. 4 OPEN DATE
Oct. 11 Michigan State
Oct. 18 Purdue
Oct. 25 at Indiana
Nov. 1 at Minnesota
Nov. 8 Ohio State
Nov. 15 at Michigan
Nov. 22 Illinois

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Ohio State
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 12-0
Barring total disaster worst case record: 8-4
Realistic record: 11-1

The entire sports world will focus on the September 13th mega-showdown against USC that'll be certain to have national title implications, but there are other landmines to worry about. Going to Wisconsin won't be easy and dealing with a road trip to Illnois won't be a plus. The Michigan game is in Columbus, but it comes after going on the road to face Northwestern and the Illini. If this is the national title contender it's supposed to be, the home schedule, including the date with the Wolverines and the October battles with Purdue and Penn State, shouldn't be a problem. Outside of the USC game, the non-conference slate is a breeze facing Youngstown State, Ohio and Troy. The Buckeyes miss Indiana and Iowa.

Aug. 30 Youngstown State
Sept. 6 Ohio
Sept. 13 at USC
Sept. 20 Troy
Sept. 27 Minnesota
Oct. 4 at Wisconsin
Oct. 11 Purdue
Oct. 18 at Michigan State
Oct. 25 Penn State
Nov. 1 OPEN DATE
Nov. 8 at Northwestern
Nov. 15 at Illinois
Nov. 22 Michigan

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Penn State

There's no reason not to be 4-0 facing Coastal Carolina, Oregon State, at Syracuse and Temple. And then comes the roughest five-game stretch anyone in the Big Ten has to face dealing with Illinois in the Big Ten home opener before going on the road three times in four weeks against Purdue, Wisconsin and Ohio State. The home "oasis" in the midst of the road trips? Michigan. At least there's a week off before finishing up at Iowa, for the fourth Big Ten road trip in five games, and at home against Indiana and Michigan State. If the slate didn't seem cruel enough, who does Penn State miss in conference play? Minnesota and Northwestern.

Aug. 30 Coastal Carolina
Sept. 6 Oregon State
Sept. 13 at Syracuse
Sept. 20 Temple
Sept. 27 Illinois
Oct. 4 at Purdue
Oct. 11 at Wisconsin
Oct. 18 Michigan
Oct. 25 at Ohio State
Nov. 1 OPEN DATE
Nov. 8 at Iowa
Nov. 15 Indiana
Nov. 22 Michigan State

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Purdue

The bad break is getting the off-week to start the season. With the way the Big Ten likes to wrap things up, t's 12 games in 12 weeks. The worse break is the first half of the slate facing Oregon and high-powered MAC champion Central Michigan before a stretch of three road trips in four games going to Notre Dame, Ohio State and Northwestern wrapped around a home date with Penn State. Things ease up starting with the trip to Evanston and getting Minnesota and Michigan at home before going back on the road to deal with Michigan State and Iowa. Closing with the rivalry game against Indiana at home will help, but missing Illinois and Wisconsin is the mega-break.

Aug. 30 OPEN DATE
Sept. 6 Northern Colorado
Sept. 13 Oregon
Sept. 20 Central Michigan
Sept. 27 at Notre Dame
Oct. 4 Penn State
Oct. 11 at Ohio State
Oct. 18 at Northwestern
Oct. 25 Minnesota
Nov. 1 Michigan
Nov. 8 at Michigan State
Nov. 15 at Iowa
Nov. 22 Indiana

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

Wisconsin
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 11-1
Barring total disaster worst case record: 7-5
Realistic record: 9-3

As insane as this might sound, considering Michigan might be down and the Badgers get two weeks to prepare for the trip to Ann Arbor (as do the Wolverines) the real early problem could be the September 13th trip to face a fired up and very good Fresno State. It's not like Bucky gets a chance to take a breath after Michigan with make-or-break showdowns against Ohio State and Penn State in Camp Randall. Illinois also has to come to Madison, but that's the one home game in a stretch of three road trips in four weeks. On the plus side, going to Iowa, Michigan State and Indiana isn't that bad. Closing out against Minnesota and Cal Poly (yes, Cal Poly) will help the record. Northwestern and Purdue are off the Big Ten schedule.

Aug. 30 Akron
Sept. 6 Marshall
Sept. 13 at Fresno State
Sept. 20 OPEN DATE
Sept. 27 at Michigan
Oct. 4 Ohio State
Oct. 11 Penn State
Oct. 18 at Iowa
Oct. 25 Illinois
Nov. 1 at Michigan State
Nov. 8 at Indiana
Nov. 15 Minnesota
Nov. 22 Cal Poly

- Almost certain win
- Likely loss
- Could go either way

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by dreClark

Kid looks legit. Is he an FSU commit yet? He's quick, good vision, plays all over the field...how big is he? (pause) You know what position he's being recruted at and/or where he wants to play?

I wish he was a commit, but no. Not sure if we're gonna get him. He is a part of a trio (Andre Debose ATH, Ray Ray Armstrong ATH, DYron Dye DL) from Sanford, FL and UF got the jump on us in recruting. Not over yet, but UF seems to be in the driver seat for one of them (Dyron Dye), Debose and his teammate Ray Ray are open. Some say Armstrong is leaning towards the 'Caines. Hopefully we grab Debose though. UF is selling him on the fact that he can be the next Percy....and apparently have told him that Percy will prolly go to the L after this year (He would be dumb to stay imo). As for his size....Listed @ 6'0 170-175, But you know how those HS measurements can be. We are recruting him as a WR.

We had a half scrimmage today....And the projected starting FS, Darius McClure) got carted off the field
smh.gif
frown.gif
Yeah debose is fast. I run track against him in our county. He runs a legit 10.9 in the 100. A 22.5 in the 200. Hes no jeff demps though when weretalking about speed.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I wish he was a commit, but no. Not sure if we're gonna get him. He is a part of a trio (Andre Debose ATH, Ray Ray Armstrong ATH, DYron Dye DL) from Sanford, FL and UF got the jump on us in recruting. Not over yet, but UF seems to be in the driver seat for one of them (Dyron Dye), Debose and his teammate Ray Ray are open. Some say Armstrong is leaning towards the 'Caines. Hopefully we grab Debose though. UF is selling him on the fact that he can be the next Percy....and apparently have told him that Percy will prolly go to the L after this year (He would be dumb to stay imo). As for his size....Listed @ 6'0 170-175, But you know how those HS measurements can be. We are recruting him as a WR.

smh.gif
frown.gif
Yeah debose is fast. I run track against him in our county. He runs a legit 10.9 in the 100. A 22.5 in the 200. Hes no jeff demps though when were talking about speed.

Hell....

How many people are in the same league as Jeff Demps around the country???? Not many.....dude is ******ed fast.,....
smh.gif

cb shut up man......south carolina sucks.....oh yea it seems like urban is always recruiting somebody and telling them that they're the next percy....
smh.gif
damn shame.....

eek.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Posted on April 8, 2008 12:59 AM
[h2]Police: Bell pulls knife in commons[/h2]
[img]http://www.psucollegian.com/graphics/15/printer.gif[/img]Print this

Send a letter to the editor about this

digg this

Share this on Facebook

Add this to del.icio.us

By Lauren Boyer

Collegian Staff Writer

Former football player Chris Bell was arrested last night after Penn State Police said he threatened another student with an 8-inch blade during a dispute that yielded no injuries in Pollock Dining Commons.

The former Nittany Lion wide receiver is facing charges of terroristic threats, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, disorderly conduct and harassment.

He is currently being held in the Centre County Correctional Facility in lieu of $50,000 straight bail.

University Police Lt. Jason Zajac said Bell was gone by the time police arrived at P ollock Commons but he came to the police voluntarily to "give his side of the story." The incident occurred between 6:30 and 7 p.m. yesterday, police said.

Zajac said police were conducting interviews with witnesses last night. Because of confidentiality rules, Zajac was unable to provide the name of the victim.

According to a February athletic department press release, Bell and another player were suspended from the football team until "their academic situation improves and any off-the-field issues are behind them."

Bell has been implicated in court documents as having a role in an on-campus fight in the HUB-Robeson Center in October that police said involved several football players.

Penn State Football Communications and Branding Director Guido D'Elia and Sports Information Director Jeff Nelson did not return phone calls as of press time last night.

Jim Hopey, the manager of Pollock Commons, said he had no comment on the incident.

Zach Slaybaugh (senior-psychology) said he was working at the Pollock Commons desk when a person he referred to as a Penn State football player ran down from the team's dining room to the desk and said, "We got a guy with a knife who won't calm down."

Slaybaugh, who said he called the police, added he heard witnesses say the knife was about 6 to 8 inches long.

Matt Noa (freshman-electrical engineering) said he was working in the serving line of Pollock Commons when he saw five police officers walk across the main dining room and go "right to the football dining room."

He said the incident piqued the curiosity of those eating dinner.

"People, when they came through the serving room, kept asking why cops were coming through," Noa also said.

Being on fire doesn't aptly describe the great week of practice turned in by Matt Patchan.

A more accurate description would be red hot.

Yes he's still not 100% back to where he was before his bout with Mono and off-season shoulder surgery, but he's more than good enough to make a very favorable impression after being moved from offensive line to defensive end.

And not just defensive end. Despite the fact that he is under 260-pounds, he was playing nose guard this past week at times, and doing a great job of it.

What he lacks in size he more than makes up for in his burst off the ball and his relentlessness.

As good as he's been to date, what has the Gator Nation salivating is the thought of how good he can be when he is back to 100%.

Patchan @ DT????

Brown and Davis must be on their way off the team....

Being on fire doesn't aptly describe the great week of practice turned in by Matt Patchan.

A more accurate description would be red hot.

Yes he's still not 100% back to where he was before his bout with Mono and off-season shoulder surgery, but he's more than good enough to make a very favorable impression after being moved from offensive line to defensive end.

And not just defensive end. Despite the fact that he is under 260-pounds, he was playing nose guard this past week at times, and doing a great job of it.

What he lacks in size he more than makes up for in his burst off the ball and his relentlessness.

As good as he's been to date, what has the Gator Nation salivating is the thought of how good he can be when he is back to 100%.
Patchan @ DT????

Brown and Davis must be on their way off the team....

Whoa I don't think anybody saw that coming
Just checked stats and he runs a 4.6 40... that's not right. For OL or DT

^ Florida got a star with this guy. I really wish he woulda signed on with the U. He could straight owned ACC D-lineman all day. I personally think he was thebiggest miss from our past recruiting class.

2009 Vol Commit

pdbase06_rdclogo.gif

Find Another Player | Add to Favorites

Je'Ron Stokes
[table][tr][td]
JERONSTOKESAC150.JPG

pdb05_star.gif
pdb05_star.gif
pdb05_star.gif
pdb05_star.gif
pdb05_darkstar.gif

pdb05_camera.gif
Photo Gallery

[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
Wide Receiver
Philadelphia (PA) Northeast

Ht: 6-foot-1 (Event)
Wt: 178 lbs
Forty: 4.44 secs
GPA: 3.0
Class: 2009 (High School)
[/td] [td]
Rivals.com Rating: NR (About)
Position Ranking: NR

Rivals.com Rivals100 2009 (44)
[table][tr][td]
mediaicons_video.gif
[/td] [td]HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS[/td] [td]Views[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Je'Ron Stokes Highlights 1[/td] [td]17890[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Je'Ron Stokes Highlights 2[/td] [td]2398[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Vols land Rivals100 WR[/td] [td]2263[/td] [/tr][tr][td]More videos [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
The Latest: Video feature: Vols land Rivals100 WR - 4/7/2008

Philadelphia (PA) Four-star wide receiver Je'Ron Stokes ended his recruitment when he committed to Tennessee on Sunday. The talented prospect is a member of the Rivals100 and chose the Vols over schools like Oklahoma,...[details]
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

This may be a dumb question but how come some recruit on Rivals have rankings and some dont?

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

eek.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Posted on April 8, 2008 12:59 AM
[h2]Police: Bell pulls knife in commons[/h2]
[img]http://www.psucollegian.com/graphics/15/printer.gif[/img]Print this

Send a letter to the editor about this

digg this

Share this on Facebook

Add this to del.icio.us

By Lauren Boyer

Collegian Staff Writer

Former football player Chris Bell was arrested last night after Penn State Police said he threatened another student with an 8-inch blade during a dispute that yielded no injuries in Pollock Dining Commons.

The former Nittany Lion wide receiver is facing charges of terroristic threats, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, disorderly conduct and harassment.

He is currently being held in the Centre County Correctional Facility in lieu of $50,000 straight bail.

University Police Lt. Jason Zajac said Bell was gone by the time police arrived at P ollock Commons but he came to the police voluntarily to "give his side of the story." The incident occurred between 6:30 and 7 p.m. yesterday, police said.

Zajac said police were conducting interviews with witnesses last night. Because of confidentiality rules, Zajac was unable to provide the name of the victim.

According to a February athletic department press release, Bell and another player were suspended from the football team until "their academic situation improves and any off-the-field issues are behind them."

Bell has been implicated in court documents as having a role in an on-campus fight in the HUB-Robeson Center in October that police said involved several football players.

Penn State Football Communications and Branding Director Guido D'Elia and Sports Information Director Jeff Nelson did not return phone calls as of press time last night.

Jim Hopey, the manager of Pollock Commons, said he had no comment on the incident.

Zach Slaybaugh (senior-psychology) said he was working at the Pollock Commons desk when a person he referred to as a Penn State football player ran down from the team's dining room to the desk and said, "We got a guy with a knife who won't calm down."

Slaybaugh, who said he called the police, added he heard witnesses say the knife was about 6 to 8 inches long.

Matt Noa (freshman-electrical engineering) said he was working in the serving line of Pollock Commons when he saw five police officers walk across the main dining room and go "right to the football dining room."

He said the incident piqued the curiosity of those eating dinner.

"People, when they came through the serving room, kept asking why cops were coming through," Noa also said.

I heard about this yesterday. Who the funk carries a machete.

Originally Posted by tusk212

IYE2 wrote:
I heard about this yesterday. Who the funk carries a machete.
State College is getting to be a rough place to be .

For real. Last year 9 dudes beaten down a down and smashing bottles on people's heads ...
laugh.gif

Check this quote from Dorian Bell about Penn State after his recent visit:
Bell also had the chance to speak with legendary Penn State head coach Joe Paterno.

"He is hilarious." Bell said. "That is a funny dude. He told me they don't need linebackers, but they need linebackers who can play running back. I mean I think I could play running back, but I don't want to do that. I'm a linebacker." Paterno did give Bell a time frame for how long he expects to be around.

roll.gif

Some players on rivals don't have star's yet because they haven't been able to evaluate all the players yet. I really wouldn't take the listson either with a grain of salt right now, not until late summer when most guys have had a chance to be evaluated and participate in camps and such.

I went to get ND info on one of the boards...

See someone saying Jonas Gray is as fast as Percy Harvin.

Hit the back button, I can't deal with those people.

I guess Sam Youngs soft as $@@@ **% has put on 30-40 lbs tho
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom