¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

U sure, UNC Frosh RBs were Good last yr.

Moody is NOT that good,

I told yall when he first left USC, he jumped outta the Pan into the Fire by goin to UF
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You don't thinkhe coulda came in there and snatched on of their spots as the #1 rb????

Im just saying, Moody is not this 'Great All World Running Back.'
I know you've seen him play,
Nothing about him said, This Kid is BIG TIME, NOTHING.

Like if he was buried on the SC bench when Bush & LenDale was there, It be different, but he was beat out by Herschel Dennis, Stefon Johnson, etc ...

these are not Elite RBs by any means.
Moody wouldnt Start at aloyt of DI schools.

Im just saying, Moody is not this 'Great All World Running Back.'
I know you've seen him play,
Nothing about him said, This Kid is BIG TIME, NOTHING.

Like if he was buried on the SC bench when Bush & LenDale was there, It be different, but he was beat out by Herschel Dennis, Stefon Johnson, etc ...

these are not Elite RBs by any means.
Moody wouldnt Start at aloyt of DI schools.
The rest of them bums suck, But Stefon is a different story

Bradham should still be in High School, and he's already the strongest linebacker on our roster. I felt sorry for Marcus Sims and Brandon Paul. Both of them were literally knocked out by him this week alone.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I remember reading the same type of **!@ about Ernie Sims too....Only problem was that Ernie was hurting (concussing) himself as well, and had to get a specialhelmet made for him....

Headhunters
devil.gif

That article was a little harsh. He has been picking things up well during the last week or so.
Seriously??

Originally Posted by Goodfella 19

Anybody here seen the running backs practice, in particular Allen Bradford?

And I do not support the Mitch Mustain Movement
He's been one of the most impressive backs in Spring and is really making a case to be the lead power back. Looks a little leaner andnoticeably quicker, but still runs tough.

Originally Posted by gatorb807

SC fans what is up with Marc Tyler? I know he redshirted last year will he play RB or LB?

He's set on RB for now and looking pretty strong, but he likely won't see any PT for another year cause of the depth chart situation.

Im predict Dez is gonna have a yr like what Robert Meachem Had after Troop start coachin the WRs.
Dez is Gonna KIll the Big XII. I cant Wait.

F388610.JPG

Troop!

F385062.JPG

*caption* EWWW. U *%@*#+ Fat Brenda?!

F385074.JPG

F385078.JPG

F385079.JPG

Did he just shake these 3 clowns and make 2 crash into each other ?
laugh.gif

F385080.JPG

they cant tackle ya boy Dez!
eek.gif
roll.gif

sick.gif
I forgot about Gable ...
Stefon's eligibility is up????
eek.gif

Carroll loves Gable for some reason. Kid runs with his head down and gets blown up every other play.

Nah, he's a junior.

Any word on what Rojo's role will be at 'sc? I seen him return some punts last year. Will he have a bigger role this year?

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Any word on what Rojo's role will be at 'sc? I seen him return some punts last year. Will he have a bigger role this year?
He was our main kick returner last year and did a fantastic job. He also did a good job stretching the field last season, but Booty was justawful with long throws. I think he'll see pretty consistent time this year as our main speed guy. You can't keep his explosiveness off the field fortoo long.

I wish FSU had open practices like U$C....

But uh, yeah. Props on the videos...

Esp. the one w/ the ND footwork drills
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who does everybody have...

O$U or U$C

I wanna pick tosu but I just can't do it

Neither.
Imma roll with WVA.

Weren't you ripping WVU for hiring Stewart right after the Fiesta Bowl? Or was that someone else...

I'm not even going to speak on that UGA prediction...
eyes.gif

Yep, it was a rush hire fueled by the excitement of a big game W. If they did their due dilligence and then came to the conclusion that Stewart was a good hirethan I woulda been cool with it.
WVA is still in the big east and have the path of least resistance to the Nat'l Title

My Pre Summer top 10 (
laugh.gif
) :
1- WVA
2- LSU
3- OSU
4- USC
5- Clemson
6- UF
7- Mizzu
8- Oklahoma
9- UGA
10- ASU/Texas/USF/Michigan/BYU

[h1]Kirb Appeal[/h1]
ncf_freeman_412.jpg

Courtesy Baylor University

Kirby Freeman started seven games at Miami, including a bowl win.

Kirby Freeman never lived up to his lofty expectations with Miami after a stellar high school career. After transferring to Baylor, the senior QB is energized for a fresh challenge with the Bears. Tim Griffin

laugh.gif
Im not even readiing that mess.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: Plancher showed signs of distress at end of workout[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 11, 2008, 8:08 AM ET

Central Florida wide receiver Ereck Plancher was showing signs of distress during a team workout before he collapsed and later died, four UCF players told the Orlando Sentinel.

Plancher, 19, of Naples, Fla., collapsed and was taken to a hospital on March 18. he was pronounced dead half an hour after the workout, known as a "mat drill."

The players, speaking on condition they remain anonymous, told the newspaper that the practice was more intense than the basic conditioning workout described by UCF officials in the immediate wake of Plancher's death.

But UCF coach George O'Leary and members of his staff disputed aspects of the four players' story.

"I did not see him struggle on the field," O'Leary said of Plancher the morning he died, according to the report. "From my professional opinion, what should have been done for his care was being done."

In the report, the players said the workout in UCF's indoor field house, which followed an hour-long weight training session, included multiple agility exercises lasting five minutes each, two runs on a 200-yard obstacle course and two sideline-to-sideline to sprints. They said Plancher fell during the final sprint, as coaches yelled at him to finish the drill.

"Everybody was struggling at times," one player said of the workout, according to the Sentinel. "But he [Ereck] was running, and I could tell something wasn't right. His eyes got real dark, and he was squinting like he was blinded by the sun. He was making this moaning noise, trying to breathe real hard."

"Ereck took off running about 5 yards and fell; the coaches were yelling at him to get up, and of course he came in last," one player said, according to the report.

After the workout, the team huddled in the middle of the field, where O'Leary singled out Plancher for a lack of effort during the final sprint, the four players said, according to the report.

All four players told the newspaper that O'Leary said to Plancher, "That's a bunch of [expletive] out of you, son," in the huddle.

O'Leary denied cursing at Plancher but recalled telling people around him, "He's better than that," according to the report.

One of the players said that even as Plancher was being cursed out, he was still trying to catch his breath.

"Ereck was in the back when O'Leary was yelling at him, but Ereck couldn't even look at him," one of the players said, according to the Sentinel. "He was trying to catch his breath the whole time, and he never could."

The players said Plancher was noticeably woozy and staggering as he tried to take part in the final jumping-jacks drill, according to the report. It was after that exercise and a final team huddle that Plancher collapsed while walking away, the players said.

O'Leary told the Sentinel that after he broke the huddle, "the next thing I saw, I turned, I saw the trainer with Ereck. Robert Jackson was the trainer there. I went over, and Ereck was just taking a knee. I asked, 'Did you have breakfast?' "

But one player who took part in the workout said Plancher "was already not responding," according to the report.

O'Leary told the newspaper that trainers and the wide receivers coach tried to give Plancher water, then his teammates carried him outside to await an ambulance while UCF trainers began CPR, called 911 and attached an automated external defibrillator.

UCF police officers arrived at 10:52 a.m. to find Plancher unconscious and lying on a bench. He was taken to Florida Hospital East and pronounced dead at 11:51 a.m.

The four players told the Sentinel they came forward after UCF athletic director Keith Tribble, speaking the afternoon of Plancher's death, initially described the workout as a 10-minute, 26-second workout with a weights component. A week later, associate AD David Chambers clarified Tribble's statement, saying the workout lasted about 20 minutes.

"We were acting on the best information we had available in the hours immediately after Ereck's death," UCF spokesman Grant Heston told the newspaper. "Subsequently, we learned that the workout was lengthier than we originally believed."

According to several of Plancher's relatives and friends and his high school coach in Naples, Fla., the wide receiver said in the spring of 2007 that he had collapsed during an earlier UCF workout.

"He told me he was having a hard time with the workouts and had even passed out once," Lely High School coach Chris Metzger told the Sentinel. "That was unusual for him because he was in great shape. I asked him if the team had checked him out, and he said they did. He said they told him everything was fine, so I told him to keep working at it and everything would be OK."

Ereck's father, Enock, said he had never heard of his son having health problems at UCF. "He was in perfect health," he told the newspaper. "He never even got sick or had a cold

frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom