¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

I mean you get 60+ kids on each team...things are bound to happen..

But...CFB just goes above and beyond any other sport by far in off field problems....

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Louisville's Trent Guy got shot the other night, Dre, ain't that your dude?

[h1]Guy feeling better[/h1]
U of L wide receiver Trent Guy remains in stable condition at University Hospital tonight but appears to be improving after suffering a gunshot wound in the back early Saturday morning.

Team spokesman Rocco Gasparro said Guy was feeling better today and was able to sit up and visit with well-wishers. Guy is expected to be hospitalized for about a week.

in other bad news for Louisville, JaJuan Spillma (one of my high school's finest
eyes.gif
) got the boot finally after his 2nd DUI, he had drugs and a gun on him this time.

Yeah, I posted it on the previous page.

Good thing is he'll be ok though...I need him to give your boys the business this year. Esp. since Rod can't because he's still inlockup....
I mean you get 60+ kids on each team...things are bound to happen..

But...CFB just goes above and beyond any other sport by far in off field problems....
Yep. Its crazy.

I can't really say much though. I'm a Seminole fan
laugh.gif

Are the arrests, suspensions, etc...in CFB amazing to anyone else? Every single year....and depending on how good the players are will determine the discipline. I've gotten kinda sick of it
See Hayes, Geno and Parker, Preston

Originally Posted by dreClark

Yeah, I posted it on the previous page.

Good thing is he'll be ok though...I need him to give your boys the business this year. Esp. since Rod can't because he's still in lockup....

indifferent.gif

2cels92.gif

laugh.gif
tongue.gif
but my fault, i didn't check the previous page.

Damn, JaJuan Spillman was my favorite player on Louisville
smh.gif
We're gonna suck again next year...

July 7, 2008
[h1]Plenty to lose for some, even early in season[/h1]
Mike Huguenin
Rivals.com College Football Editor
We're more than a little intrigued by Texas' decision to play at UTEP this season (the first time theLonghorns have played the Miners in El Paso), so we went looking for a few more games where the visiting team has a lot to lose and not much - or anything - togain.
We came up with a few:
[table][tr][td]
1225-SLYCROOMP1_250.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sylvester Croom and Mississippi State could lose more than a game at Louisiana Tech.[/td] [/tr][/table]•Mississippi State at Louisiana Tech, Aug. 30: This is the first time an SEC team has deigned to travel toRuston to play the Bulldogs. Mississippi State's defense should be too much for Tech. Still, the goodwill Mississippi State built up in finally going toanother bowl last season would be greatly dissipated by a loss in this one.
•Maryland at Middle Tennessee, Sept. 6: Virginia barely got out ofMurfreesboro, Tenn., alive last season, winning by two. How will the Cavaliers' ACC foe fare? MTSU has some issues on defense, but Blue Raiders QBDwight Dasher will make things difficult for theTerps' defense.

•Minnesota at Bowling Green, Sept. 6: Big Ten teams annually play a number of MAC opponents, but this is a rare casewhere the MAC team probably will be favored. Bowling Green has a potent offense. As for Minnesota's defense … well, the Golden Gophers last seasonwould've had issues stopping your kid's Pop Warner team. Maybe a new year - and a new coordinator and a new scheme and a bunch of new players - willmake a difference for Minnesota.

•TexasTech at Nevada,Sept. 6: The Red Raiders' non-conference schedule is a joke, and this is the toughest test. Yes, Tech's offense should have its way withNevada's defense. But the Wolf Pack's "Pistol" offense has the potential to give what is expected to be an improved Red Raiders defense astern test.

•Texas A&Mat New Mexico,Sept. 6: This has "trap game" written all over it for the Aggies. A&M still will be getting used to new coach Mike Sherman, and the Lobos' blitz-happy defense is tough toprepare for - and to handle. New Mexico gets another chance to beat up on a "big boy" the next week, when Arizona comes calling.The Lobos won in Tucson last season.

•South Floridaat Florida International,Sept. 20: USF struggled to put away Florida Atlantic, FIU's biggest Sun Belt Conference rival, last season. But FIU isn't FAU's class,much less USF's. This should be a rout - emphasis on the "should be." If USF struggles, that bodes ill.

HISTORY LESSON

The architect of one of the most unbelievable one-year turnarounds in college football history died last week. John Pont - the only coach in history to takeIndiana to the Rose Bowl - died in Oxford, Ohio, at age 80, and it's a shame more people don't know about Pont.

Pont led IU to the Rose Bowl in the 1967 season, and time has not diminished that miraculous season. It was IU's first bowl appearance (never mind thatthe Hoosiers lost 14-3 to USC), and in the 40 seasons since, IU has made just eight bowl appearances. Plus, the Hoosiers had gone 3-16-1 in Pont'sfirst two seasons, making the 9-1 regular-season record in '67 all the more amazing.

Pont also was coach at Miami University and Northwestern.

GRID BITS
[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
FULMERPHILLIP250-082607.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phillip Fulmer got a big raise from Tennessee.[/td] [/tr][/table]• So Phillip Fulmer enters last season on the hot seat,loses to - arguably - his two biggest rivals by a combined 63 points but still wins the SEC East. Yep, that sounds like it's worth a raise to $2.99 millionannually, with the deal extended to 2014.
• Oregon State senior free safety Bryan Payton - who was expected to contend for a starting role this season - has decidedto leave the team. His departure almost certainly means senior Greg Laybourn will be the new starting free safety for the Beavers.

• Man, you have to love Colorado coach Dan Hawkins. At an event with six college football coaches from around Colorado last week inColorado Springs, Hawkins likened his young team to a golden retriever puppy. "We like to run around a lot and we're cute, but sometimes we chewthings up and pee on the rug," he said.

• Virginia Tech junior receiver Brandon Dillard, who was in the hunt for a starting job, will miss the season afterrupturing his right Achilles' tendon during a workout last week. Dillard, who may have been the fastest player on the team, faces up to six months ofrehab. His loss truly hurts a Hokies team trying to make up for the loss of the four leading receivers from last season.

IN CHARGE TO 2ND IN CHARGE

• Who says Big Ten baseball is as good as the SEC (well, other than Jim Delany)? Further proof that it isn't close: MichiganState coach David Grewe left to become an assistant coach at LSU. Grewe replaces Terry Rooney, who leftto become coach at UCF. To replace Grewe, Michigan State hired Eastern Michigan coach Jake Boss, who is a former Michiganassistant.

Mike Huguenin is the college sports editor for Rivals.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

• Virginia Tech junior receiver Brandon Dillard, who was in the hunt for a starting job, will miss the season after rupturing his right Achilles' tendon during a workout last week. Dillard, who may have been the fastest player on the team, faces up to six months of rehab. His loss truly hurts a Hokies team trying to make up for the loss of the four leading receivers from last season.
Wow.

So VT went from having no recievers to -1...

smh.gif
smh.gif

Now I see why Tyrod is thinking about redshirting...

espn got the free blue ribbon previews for sec teams up. last yr they did every conference in about a week.

I dunno if u need a Insider account to view it, but if u do, just leave a request in here and I'll post em up

Marlon Pollard from UCLA to ND..

Another thing that annoys me about CFB...always switching up on their verbals...I don't blame the players tho

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Another thing that annoys me about CFB...always switching up on their verbals...I don't blame the players tho

Charlie is recruiting commited players? Why? He cries like a &^%$# when people do it to his.

WAIT HUH!!!!!!!!!!!. HOLD THE *%$% UP. BRB

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

WAIT HUH!!!!!!!!!!!. HOLD THE *%$% UP. BRB

Uh-oh. Someone is about to be pissed.
roll.gif

YA god damn right
mad.gif
, naw if u dont want to play there then kick rocks.just dont take a trip to ND durning the season and come back *****ing on the cold and want to change back.

USC and ND taken are players $+**$$% !$$+*% !@* bums, ant nothing i hate worse then 2 teams i down right HATE cherry picking our recruits
mad.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Slick rick get ya !@* to work with them tricks ya got
pimp.gif

in all fairness tho pollard did comment last year in the middle of the season, so u expect him to look but IDK whatever

2008 THORPE AWARD "WATCH LIST"
Asher Allen - Jr - Georgia
Nate Allen - Jr - South Florida
Antonio Baker - Jr - Louisiana Tech
Eric Berry - So - Tennessee
David Bruton - Sr - N. Dakota
Joe Burnett - Sr - Univ. Central Florida
Jairus Byrd - Jr - Oregon
Chris Chancellor - Jr - Clemson
Kam Chancellor - Jr - Virginia Tech
Barry Church - Jr - Toledo
Patrick Chung - Sr - Oregon
Emanuel Cook - Jr - South Carolina
Vontae Davis - Jr - Illinois
Kevin Ellison - Sr - USC
Londen Fryar - Sr - W. Michigan
Courtney Greene - Sr. - Rutgers
Michael Hamlin - Sr. - Clemson
Nic Harris - Sr. - Oklahoma
Victor Harris - Sr - Virginia Tech
Stephen Hodge - Sr - TCU
Brandon Hughes - Sr - Oregon State
Malcolm Jenkins - Sr. - Ohio State
Rashad Johnson - Sr - Alabama
Jordan Lake - Jr - Baylor
Trevard Lindley - Jr - Kentucky
Taylor Mays - Jr - USC
D J Moore - Jr - Vanderbilt
Mike Mickens - Sr - Cincinnati
William Moore - Sr - Missouri
Captain Munnerlyn - Jr - South Carolina
Troy Nolan - Sr - Arizona State
Derek Pegues - Jr. - Mississippi State
Tavious Polo - So - Florida Atlantic
Myron Rolle - Jr - Florida State
Corey Small - Sr - Florida Atlantic
Alphonso Smith - Sr - Wake Forest
DeAngelo Smith - Sr - Cincinnati
Walter Thurmond - Jr - Oregon
Chip Vaughn - Sr - Wake Forest
DeAndre Wright - Sr - New Mexico

Here's one for NT....

Pitt @ 25 BTW

[table][tr][td]Coach: Jim Grobe (46-39 in seven seasons; 79-72-1 overall in 13 seasons) | Staff
In 2007: 9-4 overall, 5-3 in ACC (tied for second in ACC Atlantic). |
mediaicons_video.gif
Highlights
Returning starters: Offense-5. Defense-9. Special teams-1. (NOTE: Senior guard Chris DeGeare, who would be a returning starter, is academically ineligible this season. He could return in 2009.) | Depth Chart
Key losses: Offense-G Matt Brim, T Louis Frazier, C Steve Justice, WR Kenny Moore, TE Zac Selmon. Defense-T Zac Stukes, E Jeremy Thompson.
Final 2007 Rivals.com ranking: 26th | Complete Final 2007 Rankings[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]2008 Breakdown: Offense | Defense | Special teams | Coaching | Schedule | Depth Chart[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://OFFENSE

THE SCHEME: Wake Forest plans to open up its offense a bit and might employ a spread with quarterback Riley Skinner working out of the shotgun. The Demon Deacons have experimented with three-and four-receiver sets, and also could use a backfield that features two legitimate running threats instead of the typical fullback-tailback duo.
[table][tr][td]
0701-WFRILEYSKINNER_250.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Riley Skinner led the Deacons to eight wins in their last ten games.[/td] [/tr][/table]STAR POWER: What more does Skinner need to do to show how much he means to this team? All he did as a redshirtfreshman was lead Wake Forest to its first ACC title since 1970. When Skinner missed two games with a shoulder injury last season, Wake lost to Nebraska and gained only 213 yards of total offense in a victory over Army. When Skinner returned, he helped the Deacons wineight of their last 10 games.
IMPACT NEWCOMER: Redshirt freshman tailback Brandon Pendergrass has looked so impressive that the Deacons might find a way to givehim carries even though their backfield already features JoshAdams, who rushed for 953 yards and 11 touchdowns as a redshirt freshman last season. Don't be surprised if the Deacons occasionally put Adams andPendergrass in the same backfield this season.

IT'S HIS TIME: Coach Jim Grobe likes toredshirt his freshmen, but receiver Jordan Williamsearned some playing time late last year and showed his big-play ability with a 62-yard touchdown against North Carolina State and a 43-yard gain at Vanderbilt. The Demon Deacons are searching for a big-play receiving threat to replace Kenny Moore, who caught 98 passes for1,011 yards. Williams won't match those numbers, but he might emerge as Wake's top receiver this year.

STRONGEST AREA: The Deacons have plenty of reasons to feel good about their backfield. Clemson's Cullen Harper is the only ACC quarterback better than Skinner, andHarper lacks Skinner's ACC championship ring. Clemson's James Davis is the only returning ACC player who rushed for more yards than Adams lastseason.

WEAKEST AREA: Adams could have trouble finding as much running room as he did last season because the Deacons must replace three starterson the line. The Deacons will sorely miss departed center Steve Justice, a three-year starter who won the 2007 Jacobs Trophy that goes to the ACC's topblocker. Senior guard Chris DeGeare, who had all-leaguepotential, is academically ineligible this season. Tackle Joe Birdsong is one of two returning starters, but he seems likely to be the No. 2 man at left tackleafter starting on the right side last season. Right guard Barrett McMillin is the other returning starter. He and Birdsong started seven games each.The new right tackle is Jeff Griffin, who was a part-timestarter last season.

OVERVIEW: Wake Forest scored at least 31 points in five of its last nine games last year, but the Deacons could struggle to put up thatmany points this season. The return of Skinner and Adams offer cause for hope, but a rebuilt line might need time to establish a rhythm. Skinner also must finda new favorite target now that Moore has departed. Wake might have to lean on its defense early in the season while the offensive line gains experience.

[table][tr][td]
conhead_hiddennumber_30.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]That was Wake Forest's pass completion percentage as a team in 2007. The only team with a higher completion percentage was Texas Tech at .713.[/td] [/tr][/table]
GRADE: B-MINUS.
http://DEFENSE

THE SCHEME: The Deacons run a 4-3 defense that thrives on forcing turnovers. Wake Forest forced 35 turnovers last year to tie for fourth inthe nation. Linebacker Aaron Curry and cornerbackAlphonso Smith each scored three touchdowns oninterception returns last season.

STAR POWER: Smith - one of 21 Floridians on the roster - tied for the NCAA lead with eight interceptions last season and returned three forscores. His 100-yard return against Maryland helped the Deacons rally from a 21-point deficit. Smith also has a knack for puttingopponents on their heels early. Against Boston College and Vanderbilt, Smith picked off a pass on the opposing team's first playfrom scrimmage.
[table][tr][td]
0701-WFALPHONSMITH_250.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alphonso Smith intercepted eight passes last season and returned three for touchdowns.[/td] [/tr][/table]IMPACT NEWCOMER: Two years ago, end Tristan Dorty had an incredible senior season at Mt. Ulla (N.C.) West Rowan High with 134tackles, 24 sacks, 40 tackles for loss, seven forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. Now a redshirt freshman, Dorty has the big-play ability to help fillthe void created by the departure of Jeremy Thompson, who recorded a team-high 6.5 sacks last season.
IT'S HIS TIME: End Antonio Wilsonperformed well this spring while senior Matt Robinson was limited by a knee injury. After spending his entire career as a reserve, Wilson finally could make animpact this fall as a fifth-year senior.

STRONGEST AREA: Wake Forest's cornerback tandem of Smith and Brandon Ghee is as good as just about any in the country. Opposing teams probably will tryto stay away from Smith, but that's not necessarily a recipe for success. Ghee is a fine cornerback in his own right who broke up 10 passes and recorded 63tackles last season.

BIGGEST PROBLEM: Thompson's departure leaves Wake without a stalwart end. Robinson won the ACC Brian Piccolo Award last year as theleague's most courageous player for the way he returned after missing the 2006 season with a broken kneecap, but he has battled injuries for his entirecareer. The Deacons need Robinson to stay healthy or for Wilson, Dorty, senior Anthony Davis or some other end to emerge.

OVERVIEW: Wake returns nine starters on defense from a team that ranked in the top 20 in run defense and pass efficiency defense lastseason. While it may be asking too much to expect the defense to create as many big plays and turnovers as it did last season, the Deacons shouldn't havetoo much trouble shutting down opponents. Wake returns all its starting linebackers and defensive backs from a year ago. If the front four matures quickly,this defense has a chance to be special.

GRADE: A-MINUS.

http://SPECIAL TEAMS

Senior Sam Swank is one of the top combinationkicker-punters in the nation. Swank leads all active kickers with 60 career field goals and already is Wake's leading career scorer with 286 points. Swankenters the season 107 points away from the ACC career scoring record held by Maryland's Nick Novak (2001-04). Swank also is 9-for-12 from at least 50 yardsin his career and has made 106 consecutive extra-point attempts. As a punter, Swank has placed 41 of his 147 career attempts inside the opponent's 20.Wake's return unit will miss Kevin Marion, who ranked third in the nation last season with an average of 31.3 yards per kickoff return.

GRADE: A-MINUS.

http://COACHING

Wake Forest dodged a major bullet over the winter when Grobe announced he was staying in Winston-Salem after reportedly being on the verge of accepting theArkansas job. Wake Forest is 46-39 - including 22-5 against in-state opponents - during the Grobe era after going 26-63 in eight seasons under predecessor JimCaldwell. Although Grobe stuck around, Wake will have to deal with more changes than usual on its coaching staff. Defensive coordinator Dean Hood accepted thecoaching job at Eastern Kentucky, while quarterback coach JeffMullen was hired as West Virginia's offensive coordinator. Grobe responded to Hood's departure by promoting linebackers coachBrad Lambert to coordinator. The new quarterback coach isTom Elrod, who worked with the Deacons' tight ends andfullbacks last season.

GRADE: A-MINUS

[table][tr][td]
conhead_08schedule_30.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DATE[/td] [td]OPPONENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aug. 30[/td] [td]at Baylor[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept. 6[/td] [td]Ole Miss[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept. 20[/td] [td]at Florida State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sept. 27[/td] [td]Navy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oct. 9[/td] [td]Clemson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oct. 18[/td] [td]at Maryland[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oct. 25[/td] [td]at Miami[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 1[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 8[/td] [td]Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 15[/td] [td]at North Carolina State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 22[/td] [td]Boston College[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nov. 29[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://SCHEDULE

The schedule should help the Deacons in their bid to win their second ACC title in the past three seasons. The Deacons don't face Coastal Divisionfavorite Virginia Tech and get Atlantic Division favorite Clemson at home. Even though Wake must travel to Florida State for its ACC opener, the Seminoles' early season suspensions could leave them at less than full strengthfor that game. Wake has two tricky early non-conference games with Baylor and OleMiss, who could be energized by the arrival of new coaches. Wake also must survive a midseason two-game road trip to Maryland and Miamibefore playing four of its last five regular-season games at home.

http://OUTLOOK

Grobe justifiably has earned much of the credit for Wake Forest's remarkable rise to prominence, but his coaching prowess has overshadowed the fact thatthe Deacons have plenty of talent. Skinner already has shown time and time again that he's a winner. Adams is one of the most promising running backs inthe ACC. And there might not be a defense in the conference that has a better starting lineup than Wake, particularly in the back seven. Wake doesn't haveenough depth to withstand injuries to key performers, but the Deacons' starting lineup is dangerous. If Wake can keep a game close into the fourth quarter,the Deacons' advantages in the coaching staff and kicking game usually allow them to win. Wake probably isn't good enough to beat Clemson for theAtlantic Division title, but a second consecutive 9-4 season certainly is realistic.

[img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/creative/bhale/content/header/conhead_depthchart_30.jpg[/img]
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]OFFENSE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]QB[/td] [td]Riley Skinner *, 6-1/200, Jr.
Brett Hodges, 6-1/180, Jr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TB[/td] [td]Josh Adams *, 6-0/180, Soph.
Brandon Pendergrass, 5-9/196, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FB[/td] [td]Rich Belton, 6-1/259, Sr.
Mike Rinfrette, 6-3/260, Jr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Jordan Williams, 6-3/180, Soph.
.J. Boldin, 5-11/220, Sr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Chip Brinkman *, 6-1/210, Sr.
Devon Brown, 5-9/183, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TE[/td] [td]Ben Wooster, 6-5/226, Sr.
Cameron Ford, 6-4/212, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LT[/td] [td]Boomer Peterson, 6-5/303, Jr.
Joe Birdsong %, 6-4/290, Jr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LG[/td] [td]Russell Nenon, 6-4/304, Soph.
Cannon Gaskin, 6-4/265, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C[/td] [td]Trey Bailey, 6-2/260, Soph.
Ryan Britt, 6-4/290, Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RG[/td] [td]Barrett McMillin *, 6-3/290, Soph.
Joe Looney, 6-3/315, Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RT[/td] [td]Jeff Griffin, 6-3/298, Jr.
Doug Weaver, 6-8/290, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]K[/td] [td]Sam Swank *, 6-2/206, Sr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]KR[/td] [td]Alphonso Smith, 5-9/191, Sr.[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]DEFENSE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DE[/td] [td]Matt Robinson *, 6-2/248, Sr.
Anthony Davis, 6-5/251, Sr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]T[/td] [td]John Russell, 6-3/250, Jr.
Dennis Godfrey, 6-3/297, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NT[/td] [td]Boo Robinson *, 6-2/326, Jr.
Michael Carter, 6-3/317, Soph.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DE[/td] [td]Antonio Wilson, 6-1/255, Sr.
Kyle Wilber, 6-5/230, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SLB[/td] [td]Aaron Curry *, 6-3/240, Sr.
Matt Woodlief, 5-11/254, Soph.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MLB[/td] [td]Stanley Arnoux *, 6-1/245, Sr.
Dominique Midgett, 6-2/242, Jr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WLB[/td] [td]Chantz McClinic *, 5-10/225, Sr.
Hunter Haynes, 6-2/224, Soph.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CB[/td] [td]Alphonso Smith *, 5-9/191, Sr.
Josh Bush, 5-11/185, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CB[/td] [td]Brandon Ghee *, 6-0/182, Jr.
Kerry Major, 5-11/179, Sr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td]Chip Vaughn *, 6-2/220, Sr.
Mike Williams, 6-1/170, R-Fr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FS[/td] [td]Kevin Patterson *, 5-10/185, Sr.
Alex Frye, 6-3/190, Soph.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td]Sam Swank *, 6-2/206, Sr.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PR[/td] [td]Alphonso Smith, 5-9/191, Sr.[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td](NOTE: *--denotes returning starter; %--denotes returning starter who has changed positions.)[/td] [/tr][/table]
Steve Megargee is a national writer for Rivals.com. He can be reached at [email protected].

Originally Posted by DLo13

2008 THORPE AWARD "WATCH LIST"
Asher Allen - Jr - Georgia
Nate Allen - Jr - South Florida
Antonio Baker - Jr - Louisiana Tech
Eric Berry - So - Tennessee
David Bruton - Sr - N. Dakota
Joe Burnett - Sr - Univ. Central Florida
Jairus Byrd - Jr - Oregon
Chris Chancellor - Jr - Clemson
Kam Chancellor - Jr - Virginia Tech
Barry Church - Jr - Toledo
Patrick Chung - Sr - Oregon
Emanuel Cook - Jr - South Carolina
Vontae Davis - Jr - Illinois
Kevin Ellison - Sr - USC
Londen Fryar - Sr - W. Michigan
Courtney Greene - Sr. - Rutgers
Michael Hamlin - Sr. - Clemson
Nic Harris - Sr. - Oklahoma
Victor Harris - Sr - Virginia Tech
Stephen Hodge - Sr - TCU
Brandon Hughes - Sr - Oregon State
Malcolm Jenkins - Sr. - Ohio State
Rashad Johnson - Sr - Alabama
Jordan Lake - Jr - Baylor
Trevard Lindley - Jr - Kentucky
Taylor Mays - Jr - USC
D J Moore - Jr - Vanderbilt
Mike Mickens - Sr - Cincinnati
William Moore - Sr - Missouri
Captain Munnerlyn - Jr - South Carolina
Troy Nolan - Sr - Arizona State
Derek Pegues - Jr. - Mississippi State
Tavious Polo - So - Florida Atlantic
Myron Rolle - Jr - Florida State
Corey Small - Sr - Florida Atlantic
Alphonso Smith - Sr - Wake Forest
DeAngelo Smith - Sr - Cincinnati
Walter Thurmond - Jr - Oregon
Chip Vaughn - Sr - Wake Forest
DeAndre Wright - Sr - New Mexico

pimp.gif
dude been rippin it since his fr year

To temper your enthusiasm, Myron Rolle is on that same list.
sick.gif
That should show u how bogus that award is.
Myron rolle has 1 career interception and like 2 total turnovers...

smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

To temper your enthusiasm, Myron Rolle is on that same list.
sick.gif
That should show u how bogus that award is.
Myron rolle has 1 career interception and like 2 total turnovers...

smh.gif

Gunna's hate for this man is strong...
laugh.gif

Also, as is required each time Patrick Chung's name comes up...

marshawn_stiff_arm_2.jpg

Why that stiff arm is considered dope compared to a stiff arm that actually overpowers a player, laying him out, is beyond me. Nice stiff-arm but Chung stillbrought him down(never seen him not finish a tackle in 3 years actually). I can think of multiple occasions over his career where J. Stewart would lay a guyout and then extend the run 20-25 yards. Those kinds of stiff-arms > one where you don't even shed the defender.

And those Oregon DB's wouldn't be on that list if they weren't legit, no one's lookin out for a school with little prestige like Oregon at aposition we're not even close to being known for. Those guys balled last year and they'll actually be gettin some decent help from the LB's thisfall.

Back
Top Bottom