¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

Rick Neuheisel RipsProfanity-Laced USC Walk-on Recruiting Video

laugh.gif

Can't believe Weasel is actually trying to use this to sway recruits away from SC. That's just pathetic
indifferent.gif

Slick Rick needs to do anything he can to try and get those Cali guys to look at UCLA because Cheat has got the recruiting train rolling early this year.

William Campbell dominated another camp this time the NIKE camp in Happy Valley. He was ruining the OLineman so they switched him to the OLine and continuedhis dominance but did get beat once. Kid said he is trying to grab the #1 overall spot in the class 2009.

The Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) All-America Committee selects the Bronko Nagurski Trophy winner from the association's 11-man All-America defensive team in November. The watch list was developed by the FWAA All-America committee with the help of the schools and conferences.

The Charlotte Touchdown Club will hold the 2008 banquet on Sunday, Dec. 7, at the Westin Hotel in Charlotte. For the eighth straight season, the FWAA will also pick a Bronko Nagurski Defensive Player of the Week beginning with games on Aug. 30 and running through the middle of November. And a Bronko Nagurski Legends Award winner will also be selected from the FWAA's 1967 All-America team.

The Bronko Nagurski Trophy has been presented since 1993 and is awarded in memory of the legendary Nagurski, a former All-America lineman at Minnesota in 1927-29 and a star for professional football's Chicago Bears in the 1930s.

The 2007 Nagurski Trophy winner, LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, was selected No. 5 overall by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2008 NFL Draft. The two other 2007 Nagurski finalists also fared well in the NFL Draft: Virginia end Chris Long went No. 2 overall to the St. Louis Rams and Kansas defensive back Aqib Talib was the No. 20 overall selection by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

2008 BRONKO NAGURSKI TROPHY PRESEASON WATCH LIST

Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia

Malcom Jenkins, DB, Ohio State

Antonio Baker, DB, Louisiana Tech

Peria Jerry, DT, Ole Miss

Darry Beckwith, MLB, LSU

Rashad Johnson, DB, Alabama

Ted Bentler,DL, Army

Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse

Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee

Jan Jorgensen, DL, BYU

Dirayl Briggs, DE, Bowling

Green Frantz Joseph, LB, Florida Atlantic

Everette Brown, DL, Florida State

Mitch King, DT, Iowa

David Bruton, FS Notre Dame

James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State

Joe Burnett, DB, UCF

Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky

Terrill Byrd, DT, Cincinnati

Sen'Derrick Marks, DT, Auburn

Ian Campbell, DE, Kansas State

Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

Reggie Carter, LB UCLA

Taylor Mays, S, USC

Jamar Chaney, LB Mississippi State

Albert McClellan, DE, Marshall

Patrick Chung, DB, Oregon

Scott McKillop, LB, Pittsburgh

Barry Church, S, Toledo

Gerald McRath, LB, Southern Miss

Antonio Coleman, DE Auburn

Mike Mickens, CB, Cincinnati

Emanuel Cook, SS, South Carolina

Greg Middleton, DE, Indiana

Maurice Crum, LB, Notre Dame

Fili Moala, DT, USC

Jermaine Cunningham, DL, Florida

William Moore, S, Missouri

Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest

DJ Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

Brian Cushing, LB, USC

Joe Mortensen, LB, Kansas

Dexter Davis, DE, Arizona State

Clayton Mullins, LB, Miami (Ohio)

Vontae Davis, DB, Illinois

Captain Munnerlyn, DB, South Carolina

Wil Dunbar, FS, UAB

Andre Neblett, DT, Temple

Solomin Elimimian, LB, Hawaii

Troy Nolan, DB, Arizona State

Dannell Ellerbe, LB, Georgia

Eric Norwood, DE, South Carolina

Kevin Ellison, DB, USC

Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke

Auston English, DE, Oklahoma

Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia

Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois

Derek Pegues, DB, Mississippi State

Maurice Evans, DE, Penn State

Dave Philistin, LB, Maryland

Zack Follett, LB, California

Nick Reed, DE, Oregon

Marcus Freeman, LB, Ohio State

Myron Rolle, DB, Florida State

Londen Fryar, DB, Western Michigan

George Selvie, DE, South Florida

John Gill, DT, Northwestern

Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin

DeMarcus Granger, DT, Oklahoma

Clint Sintim, LB, Virginia

Courtney Greene, S, Rutgers

Alphonso Smith, DB, Wake Forest

Michael Hamlin, DB, Clemson

D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech

Greg Hardy, DE, Mississippi

Clinton Snyder, LB, Stanford

Nic Harris, DB, Oklahoma

Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida

Victor Harris, DB, Virginia Tech

Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan

Daniel Holtzclaw, LB, Eastern Michigan

Brian Toal, LB, Boston College

Phillip Hunt, DE, Houston

Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

George Hypolite, DT, Colorado

Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

DeAndre Wright, DB, New Mexico

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I know Holloman is high on Michigan but I think Loston going to Clemson only helps the Tigers. Maybe something will change and i hope it does but this really makes me think Devonte is going to Clemson.
Back then I said," I know he likes Michigan and his visit went really well, but Holloman is supposedly all about Clemson."
Well...
Holloman just commited to Clemson. I guess we've got some deep pockets.
wink.gif

Oh yeah...
[table][tr][td]Eric Fields[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td]205[/td] [td]4.49[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Warner Robins, GA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Malliciah Goodman[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]258[/td] [td]4.57[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Florence, SC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DeVonte Holloman[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]213[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Charlotte, NC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]J.K. Jay[/td] [td]OL[/td] [td]
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]275[/td] [td]4.78[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Greenville, SC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Craig Loston[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
[/td] [td]6-2[/td] [td]193[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Aldine, TX[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Roderick McDowell[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]175[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]-[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Sumter, SC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Larry Raper[/td] [td]ATH[/td] [td]
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
stargold.gif
[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]168[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Shelby, NC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tyler Shatley[/td] [td]ATH[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]4.75[/td] [td]-[/td] [td][img]http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/mediaicons_video.gif[/img][/td] [td]Connellys Springs, NC[/td] [/tr][/table]
McDowell is supposed to be maybe a low 4 Star/high 3 Star at the very least and Shatley is supposed to be a solid 3 Star. Goodman is underrated at #153 &JK Jay would be ranked higher if he didn't have to sit out his junior year with a broken leg.

If our D doesn't stay in the top 10 for a while, someone needs to be fired.
laugh.gif

Congrats on the pickup ddot. I knew he and his fam wanted him to stay close to home and his bond with Clemson seemed like a real tough battle. He was supposedto come back this upcoming weekend but it looks like that plan is off. Good get. Solid safeties ya'll are getting. We need some commits this weekend. CoreyBrown and Bryce McNeal would help a lot.

Damn I hope Loston switches back to A&M by the time it's all said and done. I've been hearing rumors that he would, but I don't really believe'em too much. My guess is he stays with Clemson.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Damn I hope Loston switches back to A&M by the time it's all said and done. I've been hearing rumors that he would, but I don't really believe 'em too much. My guess is he stays with Clemson.

�Yeah. Doubt he decommits from Clemson...
[h2]Charges likely to be reduced against FSU's Parker[/h2]
Click-2-Listen

By TOM D'ANGELO

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, May 12, 2008

Preston Parker's football career at Florida State should be back on track next week.

The Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office on Monday formally charged Parker with a felony for carrying a concealed firearm and a misdemeanor for marijuana possession. But a resolution is in the works that could reduce the felony charge.
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
Post your comments on this story below

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
More in Sports​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Get the latest news, photos and more for S. Fla. teams.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Share This Story​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
digg

del.icio.us

Fark

Newsvine

reddit

Technorati

Facebook

More

What are these?
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
"That probably is what we are looking at most strongly," Assistant State Attorney Alan Johnson said. "We will have an offer out there. A perfectly appropriate resolution to this case would be a reduction in charges." A hearing is scheduled for Monday in West Palm Beach.

Parker, the former Atlantic High School star who emerged last season as Florida State's top offensive player, was arrested by Palm Beach Gardens police on April 21 and charged with carrying a .45 automatic handgun and possession of marijuana of less than 20 grams (4.81 grams).

According to FSU's athletics code of conduct, any athlete charged with a felony is not allowed to compete in any games until the case is resolved in court.

"That's going to be an important part of any resolution to Preston. ... to be able to continue his playing career at FSU," said his attorney, Jason Weiss of West Palm Beach.

"I'm confident they will treat him fairly and look at his case as any person in his situation who has no prior record." Parker was arrested in 2006 in Tallahassee for petty theft. Those charges were dropped two weeks ago after Parker paid $170 in fees necessary to complete a pre-trial diversion program.

"A young first offender on a non-violent crime, generally we try to see if they have got something going for them so we can give them some sort of a break," Johnson said.

"We are treating this like any other case. The key is he's not a football player, but he's a 21-year-old kid who has a minimal prior record. Our office has bent over backwards to try to make them successful." According to FSU athletic department policy, the head coach determines the disciplinary action following a misdemeanor charge, which also is reviewed by the athletic director.

Coach Bobby Bowden said at his annual tour stop in Polk County last month that Parker probably would be suspended for "a few games" this season.

The Seminoles' substance-abuse policy states that an arrest for marijuana possession counts as one positive drug test. After two positive tests the athlete is automatically suspended and after three positives he or she is dismissed from the team. Parker has not failed any previous drug tests.

Parker was named to the All-ACC second team after leading the Seminoles with 1,513 all-purpose yards, including 791 receiving. He had a team-high 62 catches and scored five touchdowns.

Parker also started at running back for the injured Antone Smith against Maryland and gained 133 yards. He finished as the team's second leading rusher with 270 yards.

Weiss said Parker has expressed remorse for the arrest.

"He's extremely sorry for the embarrassment this arrest has caused his family and the university," Weiss said. "I know he's committed to making the necessary changes in his life to become a positive role model and influence in the community. Part of that is eliminating the negative influences in his life."

Vote for this story!
Buzz up!

laugh.gif
@ the vid

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dre, I always hesitate to click on this thread when i see you're the last person to post. I always think it's gonna be another arrest or something
laugh.gif

Parker's gonna have a tough time running stairs at Doak. He is "extremely sorry", so that sounds fair enough.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ddot7

Parker's gonna have a tough time running stairs at Doak. He is "extremely sorry", so that sounds fair enough.
laugh.gif

You know Bobby gonna have him on them stairs something Serious
pimp.gif
. Alljokes aside, I wonder how many game's he's gonna get. I hope he gets like 4 to send a message, but he gonna +++* around and skate w/ like a 2 gamesuspension...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[table][tr][td]
INTERESTING TIDBITS
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item10.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
item10.gif
[/td] [td] Wednesday, May 14, 2008 [/td] [td]
item10.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
item10.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif

_clear.gif
item5a1.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3ca.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
alltimewinprogra.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b2a1.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
bestrecl10.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b2aa.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
toprecordss00.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b2b1.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
highestscoringso.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b2b1a.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
winsbywestcoasts.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3e.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
mostwins.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3ag.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
win.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b2b.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
conrecs00.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3ba.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
mostblkdkicks.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b2c.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
winl2.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b1f.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
topfreshrb.jpeg
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
item3b1aa.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
In 2007, the Colorado St played eight schools who earned invitations to bowls. Only six teams played more, and only one other Mountain West team played as many. In 2008, eight teams on Colorado St's schedule are among the teams who participated in 2007 bowls.
Most 2007 bowl teams on 2007 regular-season schedules:
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
_clear.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
bowltmsonslate.jpeg
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Cats up there on the most blocked kicks list, thanks to Curtis Pulley.
laugh.gif

Now he's going to be our QB.
grin.gif

Perrilloux to Jacksonville State...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3396155

Troubled ex-LSU quarterback Ryan Perrilloux may have found a place where he can get the playing time he craves.

Perrilloux has transferred to Jacksonville State, where he will have the inside track for the starting quarterback job next season.

Perrilloux was dismissed from LSU earlier this month after repeated off-the-field problems. The Gamecocks do not have a scholarship quarterback on their roster and since Perrilloux is transferring to a Football Championship Subdivision team, he won't have to sit out next season.

He has two years of eligibility remaining.

"Basically, I just see this as a second opportunity to be successful," Perrilloux told The Birmingham News.

Jacksonville State coach Jack Crowe spoke to the family of Perrilloux earlier this month about the possibility of transferring to the school. Crowe also spoke with LSU coach Les Miles, who explained Perrilloux's situation to Crowe.

"Les was very kind to spend quite a bit of time explaining the situation to me," Crowe told The Associated Press. "He's very optimistic about him being a successful player and a successful student-athlete."

Crowe said he also talked with "many different sources," including Miles, about Perrilloux. Crowe said he thought Perrilloux would do well at Jacksonville State, located in a small eastern Alabama town, instead of Baton Rouge.

"Everybody thought that the environment for him was not helpful," Crowe said.

Crowe said Miles felt Perrilloux arrived at LSU with expectations to play as a freshman, but that opportunity diminished. Perrilloux instead served as a backup to JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn during his time with the Tigers.

Perrilloux played sparingly last season and starred when Flynn was injured and couldn't start the SEC championship game against Tennessee. Perrilloux was back on the bench for the BCS title game, and Flynn threw four touchdown passes in a 38-24 win over Ohio State.

Crowe said Perrilloux spoke frankly about his troubles at LSU, took responsibility for his actions and is ready to start school in a couple of weeks. Crowe said he doesn't consider Perrilloux a troubled catch, just one who didn't do well as a backup at LSU.

"I think he's been an immature player, and I think he's been a very, very, very frustrated player," Crowe said. "I think he'd tell you he didn't handle waiting very well."

Perrilloux will have a clear shot at the Jacksonville State starting job, though. The Gamecocks' 2007 starter, Cedric Johnson, was kicked off the team after the season for violating team rules. Two other quarterbacks left the team and another graduated.

"We had to have a quarterback," Crowe said.

That leaves two signees, one of whom Crowe planned to grayshirt and have enroll after the 2008 season.

"We've signed a couple of good young players," he said. "This would be a natural choice for somebody that may want to move into an opportunity at quarterback.

Once one of the nation's top quarterback prospects, Perrilloux was suspended three times over the past year.

He was on the fringe of a counterfeiting investigation and was caught trying to enter a Baton Rouge casino with false identification. He also was involved in a nightclub fight in November. That caused him to miss a game at Alabama, though he was cleared of wrongdoing.

"He's got a national championship ring and a love for LSU. He's not a tainted person with a tainted feeling. He just made mistakes, admitted them and moved on," Crowe said.

Perrilloux said he visited only two schools during his search for a place to transfer -- Jacksonville State and Alabama A&M.

"I am excited that it's over and I can begin to move forward," Perrilloux told The Birmingham News.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

taylor mays ran a 4.25 at their SC team combine
smh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Hand or Electronic???

pparkercoverst7.jpg
parkerunconqueredyy9.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now I just need the PS3 joint cause I don't know how to use photoshop...
tes: 0
Re: NCAA 09 custom cover templates

To my CANE Homies...Sean Taylor Cover
seantaylorcoverub2.jpg

SICK
pimp.gif
tired.gif

Interview w/ Mike Barwis. I would love to sit in on one of his workouts

John Borton
TheWolverine.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in The Fort
On the not-so-far-fetched theory that Michigan football fans - not unlike the players themselves - can never get enough of the Daily Barwis, here's a little more. Michigan strength and conditioning coach Mike Barwis weighs in on…

His first encounter with Michigan: "Upon the realization that we were going to come to the University of Michigan, we had a walk-through to see the weight room and see what we had. What we do is a different system, obviously, than what had been done here before.

"Not that there is good or bad - it's just a different system. The equipment that was here, the way the weight room was set up was very different from what we utilize. We wouldn't have been able to run our program with this type of equipment.

[table][tr][td]
582516.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WVU Media Relations[/td] [/tr][/table]"There was some discussion with myself and Coach Rodriguez and the athletic director, and he basically gave his full support to do whatever we needed to do to make it happen."

His approach to weightlifting: "We don't lift weights to be better weightlifters. We lift weights to be better football players. It's pretty simple. When we get out there, the things we do are going to involve a lot of Olympic movements.

"My background is exercise physiology and those areas, so everything we do is applied through science. If it can't be backed up with science, we're not going to apply it.

"Our system is unique. I don't think there is anyone else in the country who does as many different dimensions of training than we do, and no one is going to work harder than us."

"We'll be strong, we'll be physical. We've got guys who have already gone up 80 to 100 pounds on their bench, through only 12 to 14 weeks. We're only lifting three days a week, but we're going to be strong and we're going to be physical."

Individualizing workouts: "It's everything we do that makes the difference. It's being able to do all the dimensions of training and eliminate every weakness that an athlete has to attain their exact potential. I write every cycle individually for every single athlete's genetics.

"So every single kid is updated. If I did the same workout as Brandon Graham, I'm going to inhibit his performance, because I'm only going to go so far. His potential is greater, so I need to adapt for his potential."

Pushing players to achieve more: "Energy is the key. We emulate our surroundings. If we're not energetic and passionate about what we do, it's hard for our kids to be. I try to bring that energy and they know I love them, regardless.

"I'm going to be hard on them. It's pretty simple. It's not going to be easy. I'm hard on my son. That's the way it's supposed to be. If you care about somebody, you're going to push them hard. You're going to discipline them. You're going to get after them when they need getting after. You're going to motivate them when they need somebody to motivate them.

"That's part of the atmosphere. That's something that's necessary. The key is this - the kids do the work. I can supply the tools and the direction and the energy, give them the goals and the drive and supply a lot of things to motivate them to do it, but the kid has to find something inside that makes him want to do the work. He has to dig it out and make it happen.

"I'm just a tool and a direction. The reason these guys are making gains and growing is that they're willing to pay the price to get there. They're doing the work, they're attaining their goals, they're getting better as athletes because they're doing it, not me."

Back
Top Bottom