¹ 2008 Spring Football/Summer Workouts (updates) ©

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

yea tru indeed but they also remember the same yr, Brandon Jacobs bouncing and still makin it to the League and Paper Touchin.

true, but Kenny Irons stayed and he went 2nd round. Those Auburn backs know that they are going to get to the league and get drafted on that 1st day ifthey stay in the program.

Tuberville is just churning out them RBs.

Word and Kenny went round 2 off a bogus yr
laugh.gif
. If he did any type numbers he was goin top 20.

How you all forgetting Tre Smith?

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

The hype for that 2003 Auburn team and those 4 RBs was unreal. I guess everybody was a year early on that, though...
grin.gif

Gunna, do you think the Vols have enough playmakers to win the SEC? I don't think so. I mean they got Jones and I guess you can call Arian one, buthe's more known for his consistency.

How do you predict your team will do next year??? Try to be as unbiased and realistic as possible.... I think this would make for good discussion
To be honest..looking at our schedule, we shouldn't lose a game, but i can see us stumbling agaisnt Alabama and South Carolina since it'sour rivalry game...
Sooo..I think we could actually go 12-0 *puts on flame suit* but we will probably stumble a couple times so im gonna say 10-2
ohwell.gif

Wiz, I'm more optomistic about this yrs offensive weapons rthan I was last year.
Lucas taylor is very good.
If we can get some explosive plays out thew running game, I'd give us a shot but foster is not the home run hitter, he get u 3, 4, then like a 20 but heaint gettin ghost.
G.Jones is gonna beast on saturdays I can't wait.

I miss the days of jamal lewis, cheese henry and trav stephens.
Even gerald riggs was good for some long gainers but I couldn't stand him
smh.gif

I'm waiting to see what ahmad paige can do. Skill wise he is the best but he's paper thin and injury prone

I think the Hurricanes are going to improve next year. I hope that we improve at least by 1 or 2 games.
The freshmans from this class are gonna be making some immediate impact in a lot of positions
I think i want Jacory Harris to start instead only cause i support more of the local talent but either way there is going
to be inexperience at the QB position since none of them have played a down at the college level.
Offense is still going to struggle via the passing game, but the 1-2 combo with a healthy James and a more bulked up Cooper is going help out a lot.
Secondary im a little suspect on since theres no real star and there are gonna be some freshmans playing.
I expect big things from the D-line at least with Bailey and Moncur rushing on the outside and M. Forston contributing up the middle.
The LB's i think are our strongest part even with a lot of new talent there, some of the older guys are still playing at a high level.
Oh and we beat the Nole's this year again
smile.gif

Ill be happy with 6-7 wins and see improvement from last years atrocity of a team.

Originally Posted by DLo13

How you all forgetting Tre Smith?

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

The hype for that 2003 Auburn team and those 4 RBs was unreal. I guess everybody was a year early on that, though...
grin.gif
Jason Campbell didnt get good til his Sr yr, He was holding those squads back.

Tres, 8-4?
Huge leap of faith ... I gotta peep Canes schedule before I comment

ND - 7 wins.

Offense will show improvement. Kamara is a beast. And Hughes should take the RB job and be solid. All up to the offensive line.

Secondary is the strength of the team, Bruton and Walls
pimp.gif
. DLine isweak
tired.gif

Benn will get the ball enough IMO, one way or another. (i had to mix it up somewhere)

13-0 SEC Champs, Play Oklahoma for the National Title.
I think Rainey will be a productive back this year(at least 800 yards), also hope Harvin still gets 5-10 carries a game.
Will Hill starts the Tennessee game. So does Omar Hunter.
Tebow will not win the Heisman but will have better passing #'s.
LSU game is the only game I think is a toss up but they replace most of their secondary.
Georgia will get beat down after the stunt they pulled last year.
I am glad UF doesn't play Auburn this year.

I honestly think we're going to be better next year than in '07, but our schedule is lookin unfavorable right now so who knows. 8-4 or 9-3 is my guess,everyone around here has a lot of faith in Chip Kelly. The D is going to be stacked, no real impact guys were lost and the amount of talent the staff has beenamassing has been impressive. Stewart might end up being the easiest to replace, we got a JC kid who was going to FSU who was a manchild during the spring. Hisname's Blount, 6'2" 230 and he's got some wheels. Dixon was obviously a load to deal with, but everyone's pretty confident that this Kellyguy can work wonders with any QB if given the time to do so. There's talent there as well, Costa's been the #2 guy his first 2 years and Masoli,who's just joined this summer, would have been the #1 overall JC QB in the nation for the '09 class. I'm not sold on the WR's, but with aveteran talented O-line and Blount/Johnson in the backfield I'd have to think this will be a very run-oriented team in '08.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

I honestly think we're going to be better next year than in '07, but our schedule is lookin unfavorable right now so who knows. 8-4 or 9-3 is my guess, everyone around here has a lot of faith in Chip Kelly. The D is going to be stacked, no real impact guys were lost and the amount of talent the staff has been amassing has been impressive. Stewart might end up being the easiest to replace, we got a JC kid who was going to FSU who was a manchild during the spring. His name's Blount, 6'2" 230 and he's got some wheels. Dixon was obviously a load to deal with, but everyone's pretty confident that this Kelly guy can work wonders with any QB if given the time to do so. There's talent there as well, Costa's been the #2 guy his first 2 years and Masoli, who's just joined this summer, would have been the #1 overall JC QB in the nation for the '09 class. I'm not sold on the WR's, but with a veteran talented O-line and Blount/Johnson in the backfield I'd have to think this will be a very run-oriented team in '08.

Better than last year? Come on now. Stewart and Dixon are that easy to replace?

he said better next yr than '07.

even then,
I cant see it,
Yall oregonians (is that the correct term?) are sold on Chip kelly but his offense is suspect to the rest of the country

otherwise that shotgun zone read option/wr screen crap aint gonna cut it unless they got a QB that can threaten the front and backside DE

Its gonna take a superior athlete/QB to make that O go.

Oregon D stacked? Ive gotta see that one to believe it too.
they returning all their players but them boys wasnt good last yr.

Why is everyone so down on Je. Johnson and Crenshaw?
I thought them two would be nasty but the Frosh gets all the ink.

Is Johnson's knee not healed and ready to go?

The numbers didn't show it but that was the best defense the school's had in 7 years, and they were young as hell last season.

As for Kelly . . He devised a gameplan against USF that put up 56 points with a slow 6'6" QB and a patchwork recieving corps that featured a truefreshman who was playing D at mid-season starting in the slot. He'll have a lot more to work with now that Costa, who's got some wheels, and like Isaid earlier this kid Masoli who's currently a 5 star JC for the '09 class but instead opted to sign with Oregon in the summer(he wasn't in JC foracademic issues). The feelinng around the program is that Kelly is just THAT good, in fact the rumor I've heard is that he might take over at HC withBelotti moving to associate AD in '09.

Jeremiah Johnson . . he's my favorite player, he'll probably be the best player on the team next year, he was arguably our most effective offensiveweapon before he got hurt in week 5, that's how good he looked. He'll start, there's just been a lot of buzz about the JC Blount because he ranlike a madman in the spring and really made everyone forget about Stewart halfway through the spring game. He's legit, believe that. He's going to be astud. Crenshaw's going to be fine but he's no game changer. edit* my bad. my computer runs all my paragraphs together for some reason.

my assestment of tOSU

Strenghts ---

Talent and LOTS of it..... tOSU has depth at almost every position and some positions the 3/4th guy on the depth chart could suit it up and play at any schooland produce.....

Experence.... Last years team was suppose to be the young team, and also the year that was the "reloading" year....to get to the title game I believewent past everyones honest expectations....

Up and Comers that could have a huge impact...... with the #4 recruiting class last yr (per rivals.com) there are some players that could really make an impactthis year... the likes if T.Pryor, D.Posey ( I though he would possible redshirt, however the more and more I read up on him I think he will play rightaway....also Lamaar Thompson.

Speed.... tOSU has some guys that can flat out FLY..... guys like Ray Small Jr, Lamaar Thompson, Brandon Saine, TP is a burner as well along with a handful ofothers that can fly in football pads....

Options..... With so much talent and incoming freshman Tress and staff have the luxary to really put some nice formations out there... with Boeckman at QB youknow he will stand in the pocket and pass the ball... but with TP, you could also have guys in the backfield like Saine/Lamaar, Posey, some crazy formationsthat could keep the D on their toes.....

tOSU's D............The D is stacked as always.... Lil' Animal, Jenkins, Washington, Lawrence Wilson (if he stays health could be a 1st round draftpick..).... new guys like Etienne Sabino will contribute early and often...

the O Line..... one word... DEEP...... this group of guys are NICE... they will give Boeckman plenty of time and make some holes open up for Beanie/Saine andwho even ends up running the ball.. and the new guys who are coming up can be even better than this current line, and thats saying a lot....

Big Key Players....

Beanie - over 1600 yards rushing on a bum ankle and a hurt wrist.. he is a Heisman front runner, he is a beast of a runner, and I think he gets close to 2000this season behind the O Line that will be blocking for him.....

Boeckman....
Senior Experenced QB who is a very gutsy and accurate passer.... he has experience now, and will be fine behind the solid O Line... it will give him more time,and he shouldnt be rushed to throw the deep ball....

Lil' Animal.... He will be a beast again this year, and he will also put up big #s.. I would like to see him make alot more bigger plays this season.. likethe cause Fumble against Texas 2 years ago, and the INT he got... and he had alot of big stops last season but I would like to see him play even better thisyear.. and I think with the supporging cast he will....

Malcolm Jenkins..... Dude is a straight up Cover Corner... he had a few moments last season that he looked less than stellar, but he is a workhouse and I thinkhe comes out and really shows his talent this year....

now the Weakness of the team....

Boeckman - He really needs to have worked on the Deep ball... last year he really struggled in the last few games, and had a tendency to disapper from thegame.. this year he really needs to step up and take some pressure off the D and not play just to advoid mistakes but he needs to make some big plays......

playing u$c on the road... I really think tOSU can pull off the win, but they will need to score points EARLY and will need to cause TO's to get the Win onthe road....

"Tressel Ball"....... tOSU is so deep at skill position, tress really needs to open it up and take adv of the talent that have in Columbus.. hereally needs to play TP early in the first 2 games to get him ready for the u$c game in case we need him to throw off the D and pick up some big plays.... ifthe coaching staff really does what is needed then tOSU could run the table and play for the title for the 3rd straight year...

Be Agressive on D....stop playing Zone and RUSH like crazy you have the talent to do it, so do it... be aggressive instead of just always trying to advoidgiving up the big plays.. the CBs are nice, let them prove it....

The Current Image..... IMO this dont mean crap.. I dont think its a big deal at all for the current players.... yes they lost 2 years in a row, and anyone whosays "I rather see my team win a bowl game (other than the title game.), then lose in the title game" is either not intellegent when it comes tosports, of they are lying... tOSU has the #4 recruiting class in the nation, nabbed the #1 Player in the nation, this year alone ALREADY has 23 Commits, andranked #1 so far for recruiting so far, but with the media all over the buckeyes for losing in the title games in 2 consecitive years (yet they are stillranked #2 in pre season polls) just show those boys in Columbus are doing something right....

get over the SEC hump.... the SEC is the only conf that tOSU has a losing record against (7-11-1) and the big # everyone brings up is 0-9(in bowl games)...with a title game victory this year it would be sweet against an SEC team.. but I think OU gets to the title game since they have an easier road than UGA...

playing in the BIG 10...... the big ten had a down year last year.. normally you have 4-5 solid teams in the big ten and usually 1-2 powerhouses... we all knowwho those teams are... top to bottom the big ten is not as weak as ppl try to make them out to be... the SEC is the best conf when it comes to team by team..in a perfect world it would be a 10 games round robin season with all the best teams playing each other.... this year I see the big ten as a better conf thanlast year... tOSU does not have to worry about anything but playing who is in front of them....

with all that said....

my prediction is this... tOSU will do one of two things.... run the table and get to the title game or will finsh with one loss to either u$c or Wisc... T.Pryor has a breakout year and ends up getting a ton of playing time.. he wont replace Boeckman but he will be used alot more in crazy formations that keeps theD honest..Beanie is Beanie and will have a HUGE season putting up Crazy #s behind that O LINE and will win the Heisman IF and only IF they beat u$c or if theylose, he still puts up crazy #s and by Dec. tOSU is 11-1........

No way Legarrete Blount is better that J-Stew. he's a beast tho.

He chose y'all over us b/c of he didn't wanna compete w/ our Juco back and Antone. Plus he liked y'all jerseys and y'all promised that he couldbe a return man too. I can't blame him for going to a program w/ less bodies in the backfield. Being a Juco dude w/ 2 years to play, you gotta get on thefield asap and show out.

As for my noles....I think were looking at 8-4, but i'm hoping for 9-3.

Worried about the Wake, Clemson, Colorado, UF and Miami games...Still can't believe we lost to Miami last year.
smh.gif

I'll chime in more when I get to a computer. I'm excited though, b/c I think we'll show more improvement on the field. We improved last year, itjust didn't translate into wins. Only thing i'm mad about....I think our blackout game is against @++@*%% UT-Chattanooga. Boo to that. Blackout gameshould be reserved solely for a UF, Miami or any top 10 team. I wanna see us break out the all garnet uni's too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Antone

I remember tellin cats when he was at Pahoke that he was gonna do everything Leon Washington did
smh.gif

*sigh*
I dont think Ive ever been more disappointed in a non family member in my life
laugh.gif

Yeah I didn't mean I thought Blount was better than Stewart(he's not), his play has just been such that pretty much all worries about a depletedrunning game are pretty much gone. Beyond that I witnessed the man become intoxicated at a party, turn down weed and then driven by a sober driver to a nearbyMcDonalds. This guy came back and ate 60 . . . . SIXTY chicken nuggets. In one sitting. I'm still more amazed he turned down the weed, a great sign thathe's focused on not screwing up like some of his past UO RB brethren.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Antone

I remember tellin cats when he was at Pahoke that he was gonna do everything Leon Washington did
smh.gif

*sigh*
I dont think Ive ever been more disappointed in a non family member in my life
laugh.gif
He got one more year bruh. He's pretty good when healthy. He was hampered by that turf toe last year. When he was healthy he was good. Two gamesthat stand out to me are Clemson (dude was the reason we we able to stay in the game and have a chance to win) and Kentucky (Dude was 100% and the line wasplaying as well as they have all year). I would include the Duke game....But its Duke.

The patchwork line we had didn't help either. Neither did the fact that that invisible blade of grass was tripping my dude up all the time. He has beenworking on his flexibility so hopefully that helps. I think (read : Hope & Pray) that's what we see this year from my dude Tone (Kentucky game). Lineshould be improved. Dude just has to stay healthy.

But yeah, better than Leon????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I don't think I would have went that far. Leon was SO Underutilized it'snot even funny. Imagine if he was under a real OC???
frown.gif
He is > Lo Booker too....

Back
Top Bottom