♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts? Kid Capri says Air Force 1's fell of like Jerseys
via SNEAKERWATCH

They may not be as popular as they once were but Nike still churns them out and there's a helluva lot more $200 priced models than in previous years. Someone has to be buying them, but wearing them is a different story altogether...

Kanye West should troll all of these stans and do a concert in a 3x South Pole tee, some big jean shorts and Dada kicks. Next day everyone would be on here talmbout how they always liked South Pole and jeans shorts and been wearin' their clothes baggy.

I've said this **** a thousand times to my boys. So many people would follow.

He's already trolling them, though...

This how u do it drizzy

Her new song gon be dope lol

Domo genesis

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/415019/

8)

[IMG]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/415020/

Curren$y wit the mids

Bapessssss

Clark kent

Red IVs 8)

The legs :smokin

Bodyguard in black IV 8)

Really well timed pic 8)

From anchorman lol

I don't buy kid capri's argument especially with the jordan retro craze being beat to death. AF1's slowed down because they're hard to pull off with slimmer jeans.
actually i started to cop some older colors of air force I's because they look great wit slim jeans.

and jersey been coming back.

jay-z was SQUARELY to blame for jerseys to far off...

thank god they coming back...im ready for da summer.

Last edited:
This is the NY I remember.....Really wish they didn't have Busta on the Ante Up remix, but it brought em out into the mainstream a little. These brothas helped me out when I rolled out the gates into no man's land.
[/quote]

i think busta hit mainstreem with woo ha way before ante up

Kanye West should troll all of these stans and do a concert in a 3x South Pole tee, some big jean shorts and Dada kicks. Next day everyone would be on here talmbout how they always liked South Pole and jeans shorts and been wearin' their clothes baggy.

Don't forget Bear, First Down, Lugz, Phat Farm, Willie Esco, ENYCE, Akademiks, and Maurice Malone. And, of course, jeans with NBA patches on them.

I was very impressed as well.

Dude's been into fashion though. He called himself Fabolous Sport when he made that first appearance on the Clue show session with NORE. Plus, there all of those high school pics of him Lo'd out in Snow Beaches and stuff.

Funny how it seems that only basketball jerseys are really coming back though. Football and baseball jerseys don't seem to be getting the same resurgence.

And, Jay definitely started and ended the jersey boom. That Girls, Girls, Girls video was a turning point. I give Fab some credit for the jersey era too though.

Last edited:

Don't forget Bear, First Down, Lugz, Phat Farm, Willie Esco, ENYCE, Akademiks, and Maurice Malone. And, of course, jeans with NBA patches on them.

I was very impressed as well.

Dude's been into fashion though. He called himself Fabolous Sport when he made that first appearance on the Clue show session with NORE. Plus, there all of those high school pics of him Lo'd out in Snow Beaches and stuff.

Funny how it seems that only basketball jerseys are really coming back though. Football and baseball jerseys don't seem to be getting the same resurgence.

And, Jay definitely started and ended the jersey boom. That Girls, Girls, Girls video was a turning point. I give Fab some credit for the jersey era too though.

I didn't mess with those other brands, but there was a time when Enyce, Akademiks and Maurice Malone were all dope to me.

I think ya'll give these rappers too much credit sometimes. Jerseys were hittin' in the streets, rappers didn't make them hot. Back in the day before the internet, rappers dressed how street cats dressed. Nowadays, cats in the street follow trends set by rappers, which are set by sissy stylists.

Last edited:
Don't want to pyramid quote but roscoe dash fits are not that bad, the "red" bottoms are a little overkill but kinda like it
Man Southpole and dada puts some decent stuff out
Ninjas need to stop acting like they never bought a pair of Southpole jeans or dada shoes
YOU AIN'T GOT TO LIE CRAIG'S

I didn't mess with those other brands, but there was a time when Enyce, Akademiks and Maurice Malone were all dope to me.

I think ya'll give these rappers too much credit sometimes. Jerseys were hittin' in the streets, rappers didn't make them hot. Back in the day before the internet, rappers dressed how street cats dressed. Nowadays, cats in the street follow trends set by rappers, which are set by sissy stylists.

Yeah, those 3 were a step above the others.

Jerseys have always been in the hip hop fashion landscape to a degree, but the "jersey era" was absolutely catapulted by rappers. Random 17 year olds in 2001 didn't know what Mitchell and Ness was before rappers made the brand famous. By that point, kids were mimicking rappers more than rappers were just dressing like their fans. Beginning around "It Was Written," rappers started separating their fashion from the public. By "Life After Death" a good amount of rappers were wearing clothes - maybe not constantly, but frequently - that were out of the price range of the vast majority of those buying their records. That's my take at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom