♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill give it to jay-z rocking authentic jerseys in general...son was EARLY doing that while mere mortals could only do da champion replicas..

to this day that authentic pacers jersey procut next to da nissan pathfinder resonates with me.

cross-colours-456-092910_452x304.jpg

2514158859_1.jpg

phatfarm_founder-russell-simmons.gif

karl-kani-456-092910_452x304.jpg

Karl+kani+diddy.jpg

jayz-grill.jpg

fubu19971_476107.jpg

aaca-456-092910_452x304.jpg

Work-it-Snoop-Dogg-In-Tommy-.jpg

Last edited:
i know RL POLO was accused racist like statements stemming from his issues with drug dealers rocking his stuff hard in the 90's ..... hilfiger caught backlash for deliberately aiming his clothing brand to the black community while not really knowing much about it along with his prices
if i recall right.... excuse the sentence structure

Yeah, but the owners of FUBU actually bought Coogi, that's when it began to decline. They ruined it. FUBU was always doodoo to me, just like Southpole.
yeah i cant mess with that new age coogi crap thats been out since 2004 - present . Coogi was for the money makers $600 sweat suits was stunting in the 80-90's

Coogi actually started dying before FUBU bought them.

Them were a relatively small luxury shop that hand-knitted limited product in Australia.

After they blew up because of the Hip-Hop crowd, they essentially cashed out. Started mass-manufacturing their products in countries like Pakistan and not caring about quality.

That's when FUBU came in and scooped up the shell of the company for a low price and turned it into a full fledged 'urban" brand.

The OG knit sweaters have maintained their cult following, with cats copping them up off eBay and whatnot but that's as far as its gonna go.

I know ASAPYams and Ferg be rocking vintage joints but there will be no mainstream comeback for FUBU cause the actual heart of the company is dead, its just living off the brand name right now.

Last edited:
Which was the bigger play to the downfall? The Bapes and other shoes basing off of the AF1 silhouette or SJBoy?

Forces fell off because they started super mass producing them and over-saturating the market. I remember a time when you had to get to the store early to get all white forces(and other coveted colors) before they sold out, just like Jordans today. I read an article that said Jay Z paid $500 for a pair of all white mids around that same time. No matter what, Forces will never be played out to me.

Last edited:
Which was the bigger play to the downfall? The Bapes and other shoes basing off of the AF1 silhouette or SJBoy?

Forces fell off because they started super mass producing them and over-saturating the market. I remember a time when you had to get to the store early to get all white forces(and other coveted colors) before they sold out,
just like Jordans today. I read an article that said Jay Z paid $500 for a pair of all white mids around that same time. No matter what, Forces will never be played out to me.

this. they used to have like 2-3 releases a month and they were usually a solid color w/ a color accent. when they started dropping 100s of colorways a year and stopped using the good leather around 05-06 is when things weren't the same anymore. cant say i ever saw lines for white/whites tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom