♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ Lounge Music/House Music ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ Music for your External Auditor

Haven't played these downtempo/beachhouse track in a while...broke out one of my boys mixes and figured I'd post some of the tracks from it...

Time to breathe a little life into this thread.

Let's start with some Todd Edwards :pimp:

Last edited:
Damn...this place is taking serious strain...

More from two of my favourite DJ's.... Atjazz x Jullian Gomes

mg21128215.400-1_300.jpg

*Shock therapy*

Lets bring this thread back

I would if you guys had turntable.fm and we can play music in that room instead of dumping vids here

Summer is approaching so im gonna kick off with this nicolay joint

thanks eiddyfouw for the slight resurrection, but we gonna keep it moving....Let go!

^a lot of east coast hip hop djs were/are also into house. another example woudl b jazzy jeff.

i ordered this repress and its supposed to come in today. excited.
one of my favorite house tracks by one of my favorite djs/producers!

Last edited:
Yo this doesnt sample that does it ? You mind sharing a few of the other djs who were influenced?

I was talking to my dad and apparently in the midwest (chi/cleveland/detroit) there was a big under ground culture for house. Didn't know the genre was that rich in history.

Yo this doesnt sample that does it ? You mind sharing a few of the other djs who were influenced?

I was talking to my dad and apparently in the midwest (chi/cleveland/detroit) there was a big under ground culture for house. Didn't know the genre was that rich in history

actually , its the other way around. omar s samples the ghosttown djs song you posted. vocals are from a old school house track with the same name (midway - set it out)

and yea chicago is the birthplace of house music (along with nyc ties) and detroit is the birthplace of techno.

goes back to the late 70s-early 80s, with the disco scene going underground after the pushback from mainstream media.
born from black/latino gay cultures in chicago/nyc. then shortly after detroit's answer to chicago house became techno.

youtube the documentary "pump up the volume". good documentary about the history of house.

and good for you for jumping right into the good stuff and not dabbling in "edm" like so many do before seeing the light, if ever.

as far as other house djs, i mean, if you wanna trace it all the way back, start with the ogs, larry levan, frankie knuckles, larry heard, ron hardy, etc
i got into house through mostly the later 90s nyc/nj producers/djs, and the more soulful, garage-ish type stuff. chicago stuff is more jackin.

some nyc/nj house djs/prdcrs - kerri chandler, masters at work (louie vega & kenny dope), dennis ferrer, francois k, joe claussell, todd terry, etc

although detroit is more known for its techno some good house music comes out of there as well, definitely with a detroit edge - moodymann, omar s, theo parrish, kyle hall.

some house djs/producers i like at the moment? well theres so many, but off the top of my head, joey anderson, dj qu, levon vincent, fred p, jus ed, detroit swindle, max graef, andy hart,
glenn astro...

then after house, youre gonna wanan explore techno. which is more percussion driven. less groovy. more weird and abstract. which i love.
just google detroit techno or berghain and youll see a lotta stuff. residentadvisor is a good website/webmag for dance music.

this track probably single handedly got me into house. one of my favorites. ordered "saturday" which is the album this appears on on vinyl the other week too.
one of my favorite albums of any genre.

I was talking to my dad and apparently in the midwest (chi/cleveland/detroit) there was a big under ground culture for house. Didn't know the genre was that rich in history

actually , its the other way around. omar s samples the ghosttown djs song you posted. vocals are from a old school house track with the same name (midway - set it out)

and yea chicago is the birthplace of house music (along with nyc ties) and detroit is the birthplace of techno.

goes back to the late 70s-early 80s, with the disco scene going underground after the pushback from mainstream media.
born from black/latino gay cultures in chicago/nyc. then shortly after detroit's answer to chicago house became techno.

youtube the documentary "pump up the volume". good documentary about the history of house.

and good for you for jumping right into the good stuff and not dabbling in "edm" like so many do before seeing the light, if ever.

as far as other house djs, i mean, if you wanna trace it all the way back, start with the ogs, larry levan, frankie knuckles, larry heard, ron hardy, etc
i got into house through mostly the later 90s nyc/nj producers/djs, and the more soulful, garage-ish type stuff. chicago stuff is more jackin.

some nyc/nj house djs/prdcrs - kerri chandler, masters at work (louie vega & kenny dope), dennis ferrer, francois k, joe claussell, todd terry, etc

although detroit is more known for its techno some good house music comes out of there as well, definitely with a detroit edge - moodymann, omar s, theo parrish, kyle hall.

some house djs/producers i like at the moment? well theres so many, but off the top of my head, joey anderson, dj qu, levon vincent, fred p, jus ed, detroit swindle, max graef, andy hart,
glenn astro...

then after house, youre gonna wanan explore techno. which is more percussion driven. less groovy. more weird and abstract. which i love.
just google detroit techno or berghain and youll see a lotta stuff. residentadvisor is a good website/webmag for dance music.

this track probably single handedly got me into house. one of my favorites. ordered "saturday" which is the album this appears on on vinyl the other week too.
one of my favorite albums of any genre.

Agreed with everything said here.

It's a shame how this thread has died. :smh: I went back one page and saw posts from 2012 :smh:

Nonetheless, from that Kerri Chandler track you had in your post...reminded me of this Atjazz Remix, which is in rotation on my playlist...

Also, over the years Jerome Sydeham has dropped some great songs that still get spins in my playlists weekly...this one is a classic to me...

In case thread ever does gain any traction again...

Let me at least through this track out there for anyone interested...

Back
Top Bottom