⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still very weird to see Sporting in Nike

1635196836632.jpeg

Am I missing something here? What's not to like about Conte? The only issue I see is that he's extremely demanding of a club's management and he won't hesitate to pack his bags if he feels he isn't granted full control.

Conte is just ok tbh, he needs the best teams to be able to win and won't hesitate to blame everyone except himself when it doesn't happen.

Brought Inter the Scudetto so I wont pile on too much but I feel like that's a fair assessment of him.

He's not my first choice but if Zizou wants to wait for Deschamps to step down and Ten-Hag doesn't wanna ditch Ajax mid-season then there's not really another realistic option I see the Glazers going with besides Conte.

Someone like Potter would be a big gamble for people who care about the bottom line more than anything. Rogers just isn't realistic to me at all either on top of not really being a fan of him like that even though he's a good coach.

All that being said, I've been interested in getting someone like Nico Barella at United :lol: :nerd:

If ten Hag is their number 1 option (which he should be which means he’s not) and he says no now but yes if it’s available in the summer, then you have to wait on him and not hire Conte. This just picking a manager with a name **** ain’t it. I thought having a Technical Director would solve that but I guess not.

Am I missing something here? What's not to like about Conte? The only issue I see is that he's extremely demanding of a club's management and he won't hesitate to pack his bags if he feels he isn't granted full control.

His football. He’s a defensive minded coach. His record in the Champions League is pretty bad. And like you said he is difficult to work with. Also looking at the squad he would take over, there isn’t a wingback in sight or defensive midfielders. Would suspect he would want some new CBs too. To get the best out of him we would have to have a team capable of playing his favored 3-5-2. Where does that leave Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Diallo and Pellistri? Conte is a nice hire for most clubs. But for clubs like United, Barca and Bayern fans will always side eye an appointment like that. I actually feel confident in saying that the other two would never hire him :lol:

Conte is just ok tbh, he needs the best teams to be able to win and won't hesitate to blame everyone except himself when it doesn't happen.

Brought Inter the Scudetto so I wont pile on too much but I feel like that's a fair assessment of him.
I feel like “just ok” is really underestimating him given his accomplishments at Chelsea and Inter.
He’s certainly the right man to fix up y’all’s horrid defense. Ten Hag would be my first choice but Conte has shown he can vastly improve players and doesn’t just rely on world class players. I don’t think his Chelsea squad was particularly impressive on paper, especially the defense.

I feel like “just ok” is really underestimating him given his accomplishments at Chelsea and Inter.
He’s certainly the right man to fix up y’all’s horrid defense. Ten Hag would be my first choice but Conte has shown he can vastly improve players and doesn’t just rely on world class players. I don’t think his Chelsea squad was particularly impressive on paper, especially the defense.

well as a Liverpool fan I'd have no issue with it, as a Inter fan I'd have some qualms cause im sure he'd sign away some players(Barella).

tactically does he stand up to Klopp, Pep, Tuchel? United got good players and some organization can be good for them but to me just ok is more than fair especially if you start critiquing him in Europe.

Great video, quick catch up on PSG vs. Marseille rivalry and just the ****ery of the Marseille FC in general.

Basically all of yesterday was Antonio Conte leaking to every big reporter that he’s ready and willing to take over.

Nothing really from United - just Conte. Also Zidane putting nothing out there.

Willing to bet money he doesn't last beyond the next international break...

He won't survive Citeh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom