⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
1635257132922.jpeg

Let’s not forget Conte did what he did with Inter with like 6 former United rejects.

But clearly he’s not United material.
:lol:

I don't buy the myth that he's Mou 2.0 at all just because he likes an organized defense. Tuchel literally just won a CL with a similar set up. He's still at the top of his game and he's won league titles playing some good stuff moving forward at Juve, Chelsea and Inter.

He's a little out there personality wise for sure but he's a winner that's proven he can match up tactically with the best.

Main knock on him I'd have is his record in Europe but the solidity he'd bring back at the back would be appreciated. Sick of this schoolyard defending conceding awful goals and getting ran through in the middle of the park like nothing.

Also feel like a reason he's pushing so hard for the job, even though it was reported that he wouldn't want to join somewhere midseason a while ago, is that he'd have the best attacking talent he's ever had at his disposal. Would be curious to see what he'd do with the wingers but his no.9's always eat.

I trust the attacking talent and creativity in the squad would be enough to still score regularly, just would be nice to see some semblance of a solid defense again. 1 clean sheet in 20+ matches is a disgrace.

Wouldn't be an appointment I'd expect to last more than 2-3 years given how the club is ran and how he's not shy about bouncing if he's not supported but I feel like the team is kind of built for challenging right now anyway so at least he'd be able to compete for trophies right away.

I don't buy the myth that he's Mou 2.0 at all just because he likes an organized defense. Tuchel literally just won a CL with a similar set up. He's still at the top of his game and he's won league titles playing some good stuff moving forward at Juve, Chelsea and Inter.

He's a little out there personality wise for sure but he's a winner that's proven he can match up tactically with the best.

Main knock on him I'd have is his record in Europe but the solidity he'd bring back at the back would be appreciated. Sick of this schoolyard defending conceding awful goals and getting ran through in the middle of the park like nothing.

Also feel like a reason he's pushing so hard for the job, even though it was reported that he wouldn't want to join somewhere midseason a while ago, is that he'd have the best attacking talent he's ever had at his disposal. Would be curious to see what he'd do with the wingers but his no.9's always eat.

I trust the attacking talent and creativity in the squad would be enough to still score regularly, just would be nice to see some semblance of a solid defense again. 1 clean sheet in 20+ matches is a disgrace.

Wouldn't be an appointment I'd expect to last more than 2-3 years given how the club is ran and how he's not shy about bouncing if he's not supported but I feel like the team is kind of built for challenging right now anyway so at least he'd be able to compete for trophies right away.
A little out there personality wise is quite the understatement :lol: The guy's an absolute maniac on the sidelines
As you can probably tell I'm a huge fan, would've loved to see him at Spurs but he's above our level and there's no chance Levy would grant him the level of autonomy he demands.

One of his biggest strengths imo is how much he improves players, especially in the defense.

Yea he can be a madman man :lol:

antonio-conte-kick.gif

I've never heard a former player say a bad thing about him though and it sounds like he always gets a ton of belief out of his players which is why they usually work their asses off for him.

Of course in an ideal world, United would send a blank check to Ajax to nab van der Sar as sporting director and Ten Hag to build a dream project for the long run with vast resources but I know United well enough to know that would never even be considered :lol:

It's a business first and foremost for them and there's not many football people making decisions at the top so they'd never 'gamble' on a lesser name in the hopes of building something in the future. They'd want a proven commodity that can get results quick which is why I'm resigning myself more and more to Conte even though he wouldn't be my first choice.

Could do a lot worse though and I've always respected him at every stop he's been at

Hiring a manager every 2-3 years is normal for a big club. Except at a United. I think it’s partially due to United and their fans being so freaked out by that notion. They don’t want to accept it, they don’t want to go down that road.

They want a SAF duplicate (that will never arrive). Hell, some want to keep Ole and lose. Crazy. The guy lost the players, he’s done man. That’s it, it’s over. What the hell does keeping him accomplish?

Keep it moving and try to win, or at least try. If Conte doesn’t work out, then fire him too. What’s the big deal? It’s like they’re looking for a savior.

I agree, it's the only big club left where the manager is constantly put up on a giant pedestal irregardless of results when they're just another employee at every other club.

Just look at folks like Neville and top reds who deify the manager and blame everyone and their mother under the sun before them when things get tough with the whole 'JUST BACK THE MANAGER' crap.

You don't see managers lasting more than 3 years at most big clubs nowadays unless they're building something special like Pep or Klopp. The most successful clubs over the last decade haven't had any qualms over cutting bait soon as things are trending backwards yet the club loves to drag things out as long as possible and give chance after chance when things become inevitable.

Love Fergie for all he did but he also seriously warped the club and the fanbases expectations for a manager and views of what a manager represents. You're never gonna get decades long managerial dynasties again the same way we're never gonna see someone last as long as Wenger did either. That's a bygone era and everyone seems to know it but the club and fanbase.

Managers aren't Gods the same way players aren't either, just another cog in the machine albeit important ones, but clubs are bigger than them and most serious ones act like it.

From a tactical point of view.

United have all the talent Antonio Conte would ever need to win/be competitive. They have the players to deploy his 3-5-2 and win.

I’ve seen Conte turn rejects into world class players. Ya’ll forgot what he did with Victor Moses, Lukaku, Ashley Young, etc (the list goes on). That was incredible.

If Portugal had any balls, they’d go after Conte for next 2 years and I would be celebrating his appointment. I brought this up during the Euro’s.

Please give me Conte! Now it’s never going to happen, Portugal are on a nostalgia trip themselves. But I wish it would.

That’s how much I respect him as a manager.

Let’s not forget Conte did what he did with Inter with like 6 former United rejects.

I couldn’t believe some of the stuff I was reading in here yesterday. These folks actually think they still have an established brand of attacking football that they cannot betray. From the outside looking in, it’s hilarious but if I were a supporter I’d be furious at the delusion. Manchester United in 2021 would be fortunate to have a winner like Conte at their command.

I agree, it's the only big club left where the manager is constantly put up on a giant pedestal irregardless of results when they're just another employee at every other club.

Just look at folks like Neville and top reds who deify the manager and blame everyone and their mother under the sun before them when things get tough with the whole 'JUST BACK THE MANAGER' crap.

You don't see managers lasting more than 3 years at most big clubs nowadays unless they're building something special like Pep or Klopp. The most successful clubs over the last decade haven't had any qualms over cutting bait soon as things are trending backwards yet the club loves to drag things out as long as possible and give chance after chance when things become inevitable.

Love Fergie for all he did but he also seriously warped the club and the fanbases expectations for a manager and views of what a manager represents. You're never gonna get decades long managerial dynasties again the same way we're never gonna see someone last as long as Wenger did either. That's a bygone era and everyone seems to know it but the club and fanbase.

Managers aren't Gods the same way players aren't either, just another cog in the machine albeit important ones, but clubs are bigger than them and most serious ones act like it.

This is what happens when the two biggest names in the club’s history are managers who managed the club for over 20 years each. Fergie still casts a big shadow over the club. His literally last words to the fanbase/board as manager was our job was to back the manager :lol:

Fanbase is definitely split. Some only care about winning trophies others care about doing it the United way. I wouldn’t mind a new coach every 2-3 years as long as we had a way of playing dictated by the technical director so that we can just plug the next coach in rather than have to rebuild each time because the new coach philosophy is different from the previous one. Hate Citeh but their group has gotten this part of the game spot on.

I couldn’t believe some of the stuff I was reading in here yesterday. These folks actually think they still have an established brand of attacking football that they cannot betray. From the outside looking in, it’s hilarious but if I were a supporter I’d be furious at the delusion. Manchester United in 2021 would be fortunate to have a winner like Conte at their command.
Conte who is established and shown that he can win with different teams and all levels of personnel in different leagues was said to not be good enough for United by their supporters. The team sucks defensively and these guys are worried that if Conte were to take over, they would lose their attacking identity. You absolutely can't make this up.

Yea he can be a madman man :lol:

antonio-conte-kick.gif

I've never heard a former player say a bad thing about him though and it sounds like he always gets a ton of belief out of his players which is why they usually work their asses off for him.

Of course in an ideal world, United would send a blank check to Ajax to nab van der Sar as sporting director and Ten Hag to build a dream project for the long run with vast resources but I know United well enough to know that would never even be considered :lol:

It's a business first and foremost for them and there's not many football people making decisions at the top so they'd never 'gamble' on a lesser name in the hopes of building something in the future. They'd want a proven commodity that can get results quick which is why I'm resigning myself more and more to Conte even though he wouldn't be my first choice.

Could do a lot worse though and I've always respected him at every stop he's been at

That is the other thing, players do love him. The only one to my knowledge that didn’t was Diego Costa but Diego Costa is crazier than Conte lol.

And Guess what, they still won and we’re successful.

Conte somehow managed to turn a defense with Marcos Alonso and Victor Moses into an impenetrable fortress
United's defenders are actual good players, I have no doubt he'd turn them into a real pain in the *** to face.

I don’t think anyone said Conte wasn’t a winner or a good coach. Preferring ten Hag =/= Conte sucks. I’m sure if you polled most United supporters on who they’d like to be the manager Ole or Conte, Conte would win in a landslide.

Martinelli starting for the Gunners today :pimp: Leeds isnt a pushover so I hope the youngsters getting playtime can match the intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom