⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Mertens was headed to Chelsea or Inter a few weeks back, cool he's staying at Napoli. He's gonna end up their all time scorer now

Young wolfing makes all the more sense now :lol:

Roberto Carlos stated R9 > CR7 and Messi.
Obviously he’s going to be bias toward his NT/club teammate, but one of the reasons he’s cited is that it was more difficult to score back then, and players are more protected now. Can anyone attest to that?

From what I’ve seen, when the difficulty of scoring goes back up once Ronaldo and Messi aren’t on the pitch for RM/Barca, it seems like it has to do with them than the quality of competition.

Never knew how close Leverkeusen were to winning a treble, I gotta see who else they had on their squad
BC7E6883-C84E-4560-AE04-3D73C16CD096.png

I get respecting the legends, I loved R9 during those Brazil world cup runs.

But let’s be serious, Ronaldo has had the better club career.

I understand the nostalgia factor that goes into this, but you really can’t compare guys like Fat Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, whose peaks each lasted 3-4 years max, to guys like Cristiano and Messi who have been at it at this level for over 10 years with little signs of slowing down any time soon.

I understand the nostalgia factor that goes into this, but you really can’t compare guys like Fat Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, whose peaks each lasted 3-4 years max, to guys like Cristiano and Messi who have been at it at this level for over 10 years with little signs of slowing down any time soon.

Who you calling fat? He's the real Ronaldo, OG haha.

No, but R9, without injury tops Messi and Ronaldo for me, he was something else, of course we will ever know because he blew his knees so many times. I know when I say it, it's based off what I saw and I know several others say the same. Unfortunately, potential and "what ifs" count for nothing.

There's definitely a Romantic element to guys like R9 and Ronaldinho because the burned so brightly for such a comparatively short amount of time. The open-endedness of their careers, and the way they basically fell off faster than they came on makes us want to rate them higher because they shined so intensely so briefly. It will always be an interesting debate to have - especially in the era of sports media where you basically hear every day that "the best ability is availability" - for which CR7 and Messi obviously outmatch R9 and Dinho.

These sorts of things will almost always come down to preference and when you came into the game - and it's probably good that there's no right answer. You just have to appreciate each class of player for who they are and their surrounding circumstances.

Who you calling fat? He's the real Ronaldo, OG haha.

No, but R9, without injury tops Messi and Ronaldo for me, he was something else, of course we will ever know because he blew his knees so many times. I know when I say it, it's based off what I saw and I know several others say the same. Unfortunately, potential and "what ifs" count for nothing.
This is like comparing Penny Hardaway to Jordan

I understand R9 was better than Penny, but you know what I mean

Ronaldo and Messi are both Jordan and everyone else are below.

Ronaldo, CR7, Messi are in their own goat

I am just happy to witness them play on TV Live

Wish I was old enough to watch 20 years old Ronaldo tho

This is like comparing Penny Hardaway to Jordan

I understand R9 was better than Penny, but you know what I mean

Ronaldo and Messi are both Jordan and everyone else are below.

Oh I agree, but just thinking what R9 should have been, the track he was on, he should have been right there with them. Obviously Dinho did himself in with his lifestyle.

Still, the way R9 came back from his injuries was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom