⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristiano had a reputation of doing pointless dribbles at United that weren't effective. Like at 5:05 against Arsenal. That was pointless

Ronaldo was really bout it bout it. His dribbles led to goals. Mans had grown men sitting on the ground trying to defend him

Last edited:
Biggest farce the football community ever pulled was allowing some people to believe that Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are on the same level.

No disrespect to CR7. All time great both in terms of ability and legacy, but he's clearly #2 of his era.

Biggest farce the football community ever pulled was allowing some people to believe that Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are on the same level.

No disrespect to CR7. All time great both in terms of ability and legacy, but he's clearly #2 of his era.

If I need to win La Liga, or any domestic league for that matter, I’m taking Messi. If I need someone who can crack any defense in the CL, where at some point you can’t play through the middle and will need to lob in crosses, I’m taking peak CR7. Oh and also not blow leads in Europe. CR is without a doubt the best ever CL player which is arguably the highest level footy you ever see in the planet, World Cup included.

Last edited:
If I need to win La Liga, or any domestic league for that matter, I’m taking Messi. If I need someone who can crack any defense in the CL, where at some point you can’t play through the middle and will need to lob in crosses, I’m taking peak CR7. Oh and also not blow leads in Europe. CR is without a doubt the best ever CL player which is arguably the highest level footy you ever see in the planet, World Cup included.

I mean look at this, you have to conflate team success with individual ability while mixing in collective strategy and tactical conditions, just to make a halfway defensible argument that CR7 is a better player than Messi.

Messi is a better football than CR7. No qualifier no needed.

He's a better player in the Champions League, he's a better player in the Latvian 2nd division, he's a better player on the moon.

Messi is the superior individual player and it's really not even that close.

I mean look at this, you have to conflate team success with individual ability while mixing in team strategy and tactical conditions, just to make a halfway defensible argument that CR7 is a better player than Messi.

Messi is a better football than CR7. No qualifier.

He's a better player in the Champions League, he's a better player in the Latvian 2nd division, he's a better player on the moon.

Messi is the superior individual player.
You Hella Wrong

Because you said so? Nah.
Jokes-When-Right-Over-Your-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

:lol:

Respect to flyeed flyeed for actually holding a position and possessing the ability to communicate it. :pimp:
My response was in regards to my joke going over your head. Your handle is "Hella Strong" I responded with "You Hella Wrong". Regardless your position is wrong. You didn't say much of anything to defend your stance. You just regurgitated the same thing over and over. Creating unnecessary text walls further cluttering the thread. You didn't even bring up stats. We get it, you pleasure yourself to your Messi poster, so he means everything to you. At least with TruthSerum, he keeps his idiocracy to one sentence and keeps it pushing.

I been ****in on pumas designs a lot....but I think a classic polo style collar would've saved that shirt. Could've been pulled off as a retro style print retro style shirt.

But that collar and the back probably being plain just makes it feel half done

My response was in regards to my joke going over your head. Your handle is "Hell Strong" I responded with "You Hella Wrong". Regardless your position is wrong. You didn't say much of anything to defend your stance. You just regurgitated the same thing over and over. Creating unnecessary text walls further cluttering the thread. You didn't even bring up stats. At least with TruthSerum, he keeps his idiocracy to one sentence and keeps it pushing.

You have a decade of egomaniacal rants and snark to your name in this thread alone, and you want to talk about further cluttering the thread. Your joke was kinda cute, it didn't go over anyone's head. Also, idiocracy doesn't mean what you think it means bro. :lol:

I responded to a specific post, specifically to point out what were a few logical fallacies in my view. If you want to argue who's a better player, let's do it, but I think you just want some attention.

You have a decade of egomaniacal rants and snark to your name in this thread alone, and you want to talk about further cluttering the thread. Your joke was kinda cute, it didn't go over anyone's head. Also, idiocracy doesn't mean what you think it means bro. :lol:

I responded to a specific post, specifically to point out what were a few logical fallacies in my view. If you want to argue who's a better player, let's do it, but I think you just want some attention.
*idiocy . Point is, you knew exactly what I meant. Any arguments I've had in here that were football-related dealt with stats. Obviously there are situations where the stats don't always show on paper, but in this case, they don't really fall in your favor. I haven't been on this site for a decade, much less posted in here for that long. Hell, I've been banned from the thread for the majority of that time:lol::lol: , so not sure what you're going on about. I suppose you're another one of my fans

Last edited:
Roberto Carlos stated R9 > CR7 and Messi.
Obviously he’s going to be bias toward his NT/club teammate, but one of the reasons he’s cited is that it was more difficult to score back then, and players are more protected now. Can anyone attest to that?

From what I’ve seen, when the difficulty of scoring goes back up once Ronaldo and Messi aren’t on the pitch for RM/Barca, it seems like it has to do with them than the quality of competition.

Tbvh, he has a point

Excuse the coming wall of text but just thought it's a great question that deserves a deep dive :lol:, also off the clock with nothing open so got time :rofl:

Back then I feel like defending was taken a bit more seriously and you had a lot more quality across the board at every position in defense than you do now so you ended up having league golden boot winners having seasons with a little over 20 goals in the league which was considered outstanding then but might be overlooked nowadays.

Now you have fewer legitimately world class defenders and peoples perception of what a good defender is being a lot different. There's a lot more focus on what defenders can provide moving forwards now than back then.

Today your fullbacks are expected to be more like auxiliary wingers than defenders that defend first (hence the relatively recent concept of a 'wing-back') and your top CB's are expected to be able to pass the ball forward well and be much more comfortable in possession than before when their main and often only aim most of the time was stopping forwards and mids from scoring by all means.

That's why back then defenders just booting the ball into the stands was looked at a lot differently than it is now :lol:, defenders might get laughed at or considered not skillful nowadays when they hoof it out of play instead of keeping possession and trying to initiate a counter.

It's why it's become pretty tough to picture a defender winning top individual honors like a ballon d'or nowadays when it wasn't that crazy to see for the best defenders not that long ago. It's not to say that todays defenders are scrubs or anything, just that the game has evolved a bit.

All that has kinda, for a lock of a better term, distorted goal scoring numbers a little I feel. You've got forwards that might not be the most talented or technically skilled being capable of putting up some pretty great scoring numbers that were usually reserved for the best in the past off of mainly effort now.

You still had your all time great attackers putting up pretty high goal totals in the past but I feel like guys like Messi and Ron putting up video game numbers annually along with the changes in philosophy and tactics have kinda warped peoples perceptions of what's considered average and amazing for attackers.

So in a way I kind of agree with Roberto Carlos about it maybe being a bit tougher to score regularly in the past but that doesn't take away from the fact that we've witnessed some of the greatest attackers to ever live in recent times. Generational players would be able to put up numbers in any era imo.

All that said, it's kind of why I'll swear by OG Ronaldo and Dinho at their peaks, as the 2 best players I've gotten the chance to watch even though Messi and Ron have long surpassed them in terms of bodies of work and sustained/overall excellence for their clubs. Best =/= Greatest to me. They can be separate and across the sports I've followed, those titles often end up being held by separate people

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom