⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He gets targeted for golf because his play on the pitch is poor, you guys are surprised by that? He could play 72 holes a day if he balled out for all I care, or even be half the player he used to be.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So I won a contest from bein sports a few weeks ago and the prize was a Real Madrid jersey. I just received it today and it’s a size replica large. Not my size. If anybody wants it for $30 not including shipping let me know. Otherwise going on eBay. All the sites are selling it for around $45-$50 with their sales.
E0CC71A0-2126-4CA7-8297-B42325E42E71.jpeg

Manchester kit for next year. The leaks had yellow puked on the kit, fortunately it’s not like that. Still boring tho, but could have been worse......

1590539943600.jpeg

1590539988554.jpeg

RM winning the award for worst kit of the year, along maybe City.

like chelsea's jerseys last year with horizontal dashes with bits of red

PMd Figo

Manchester kit for next year. The leaks had yellow puked on the kit, fortunately it’s not like that. Still boring tho, but could have been worse......

1590539943600.jpeg

1590539988554.jpeg

RM winning the award for worst kit of the year, along maybe City.

Not bad, million times better than the bus seat cover looking leaks we saw before :lol:

The away is pretty clean too

EYxXp9VX0AEy45Q

EYxXp9bWkAAwCUY

20200527_074234.jpg

Makes the zebra looking 3rd kit a lot more palatable :lol:

Not bad, million times better than the bus seat cover looking leaks we saw before :lol:

The away is pretty clean too

EYxXp9VX0AEy45Q

EYxXp9bWkAAwCUY

20200527_074234.jpg

Makes the zebra looking 3rd kit a lot more palatable :lol:

the home kit looks MUCH better than what we saw before. The black kit looks meh, It doesn't move me

Last edited:
I don’t really care for Bale’s golf or personal life, nor do I have anything against him. I also feel bad that he’s struggled with being injury prone. I also don’t think his poor performances are due to effort, dude is just washed.

Da free market spoke when he was up for sale and only a Chinese team was seriously interested. And he’s gotten worse since. I think it’s easy to lose track of years, but it’s been a long time now that he’s Robert Horry getting superstar money.

I think at this point it’s already a given he can’t produce. At least then as the company’s top earner and a 4-time champ, he can at least try being useful in a different role. This is when the golf part comes into play because it’s the embodiment of the optics of him running dolo and being isolated from the team. So if he’s not bringing good play, or intangibles, dude is getting paid to do nothing. And isn’t trying anything.

Also people keep equating the Spanish media or fans with Real Madrid as a whole. But as far as RM goes, Flo has pampered him to the point of pissing off CR7 since he’s been here. I don’t think athletes should be exempt from being held to the standards we hold ourselves at work. Dude is happy living here and does not want to go anywhere else, so he should try to earn his bread.

Last edited:
The **** do teams see in Telles? Maybe lack of available talent in that position for a reasonable price, I get that. Actually might have answered my own question.

Flo is great with keeping positive relationships with clubs. For example he often chooses to negotiate a transfer fee instead of triggering a release clause behind the would-be seller’s back. My favorite story is Varane’s parent club sold him with a bonus if he won 2 CLs. When he won 3 Real paid them a bonus they weren’t obliged to.

Anyways, would have loved to have Lewa but whatever can’t complain about how history turned out over the course of the years that followed.

I don’t really care for Bale’s golf or personal life, nor do I have anything against him. I also feel bad that he’s struggled with being injury prone. I also don’t think his poor performances are due to effort, dude is just washed.

Da free market spoke when he was up for sale and only a Chinese team was seriously interested. And he’s gotten worse since. I think it’s easy to lose track of years, but it’s been a long time now that he’s Robert Horry getting superstar money.

I think at this point it’s already a given he can’t produce. At least then as the company’s top earner and a 4-time champ, he can at least try being useful in a different role. This is when the golf part comes into play because it’s the embodiment of him running dolo and being isolated from the team. So if he’s not bringing good play, or intangibles, dude is getting paid to do nothing. And isn’t trying anything.

Also people keep equating the Spanish media or fans with Real Madrid as a whole. But as far as RM goes, Flo has pampered him to the point of pissing off CR7 since he’s been here. I don’t think athletes should be exempt from being held to the standards we hold ourselves at work. Dude is happy living here and does not want to go anywhere else, so he should try to earn his bread.

Stop giving these half-truths and tell the story properly. Clubs would go for him, but he wouldn't take a wage cut. I wouldn't either. You've scored one of the biggest goals in your Club and Champions league history and then they immediately want to discard you like trash. I would sit and golf and collect a 350k per week check as well.

Stop giving these half-truths and tell the story properly. Clubs would go for him, but he wouldn't take a wage cut. I wouldn't either. You've scored one of the biggest goals in your Club and Champions league history and then they immediately want to discard you like trash. I would sit and golf and collect a 350k per week check as well.
Fax. Flo is great at using players...promising them things and then discarding them

he’s also great at controlling the narrative in Spain.

Specifically to Bale, they break the world transfer record on him before the Neymar deal changed everything. When Ancelotti didn't want Bale starting, Flo backed Bale. Benitez comes in and basically gave Bale a free role. After productive years they give one of the richest contracts in the world early. He gets repeatedly injured RM sticks with him. Against the wishes of Zidane they keep him after the 2018 final instead of Ronaldo. So now he's theoretically the "man" at the club, after the first two months he completely falls off, has chemistry issues. Summer 2019 is a mess on all sides, he stays and is unproductive again.

So do the rules of being a star apply or not? I know when every other player goes through slumps for even a month people start questioning them but apparently Bale garners sympathy and is unslanderable when he just vanishes for two years.

And please let me be proven wrong and play like the guy you're supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom