Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EY8yJdgWsAAx1yF

I'm a fan of the shade of red they used, not bad at all

Also more pics of the Germany away kit for the next Euro's

EZAWj9EWAAQA3jf

EZAWkEXX0AI35KL

Gonna be a pain in the *** for commentators and announcers but damn blacked out font looks tough :pimp: :pimp:

the home kit looks MUCH better than what we saw before. The black kit looks meh, It doesn't move me

I hear you, it's pretty much the same template as the home so they got a little lazy but I like the pattern. Apparently it's 'legacy green' :lol:

I'm a fan of the shade of red they used, not bad at all

Also more pics of the Germany away kit for the next Euro's

EZAWj9EWAAQA3jf

EZAWkEXX0AI35KL

Gonna be a pain in the *** for commentators and announcers but damn blacked out font looks tough :pimp: :pimp:

Apparently, the blacked out nameset isn't going to be used on the pitch. Rumors that it'll be a gold nameset to match the cuff accent. Wouldn't be surprised if FIFA makes them go with a basic white though. I love the blacked out look though

Leipzig didn't even come to play today. Can't blame that on lack of fans. Fans should be glad they weren't there. :smh:

I don’t really care for Bale’s golf or personal life, nor do I have anything against him. I also feel bad that he’s struggled with being injury prone. I also don’t think his poor performances are due to effort, dude is just washed.

Da free market spoke when he was up for sale and only a Chinese team was seriously interested. And he’s gotten worse since. I think it’s easy to lose track of years, but it’s been a long time now that he’s Robert Horry getting superstar money.

I think at this point it’s already a given he can’t produce. At least then as the company’s top earner and a 4-time champ, he can at least try being useful in a different role. This is when the golf part comes into play because it’s the embodiment of the optics of him running dolo and being isolated from the team. So if he’s not bringing good play, or intangibles, dude is getting paid to do nothing. And isn’t trying anything.

Also people keep equating the Spanish media or fans with Real Madrid as a whole. But as far as RM goes, Flo has pampered him to the point of pissing off CR7 since he’s been here. I don’t think athletes should be exempt from being held to the standards we hold ourselves at work. Dude is happy living here and does not want to go anywhere else, so he should try to earn his bread.

Stop giving these half-truths and tell the story properly. Clubs would go for him, but he wouldn't take a wage cut. I wouldn't either. You've scored one of the biggest goals in your Club and Champions league history and then they immediately want to discard you like trash. I would sit and golf and collect a 350k per week check as well.

flyeed flyeed I agree in large part with your analysis. But when Bale negotiated his last extension, basically at the height of his power, I don't have any sympathy for the club paying him bazillions when they are the first ones to know about his injury-prone nature, recreational interests in golf, and slow-going learning of Spanish. RM come in in the position of power, author the contractual terms, and the contract is generally construed against the drafter. They offered the man a guaranteed contract, in large part due to what Bale had already given them in production, and Bale took it; the money is essentially pre-earned. So, then Bale's disagreements with Zidane get more intense, he drops in form, and the media turn on him - the man is still being paid b/c that's what he and his agent negotiated with FloPe & co.

Can't hate on him for striking while the iron was hot and now living off the benefits. He has no economic reason to go anywhere else.

Now, from the athlete-competition perspective, I'm in complete agreement. You have a guy basically coasting / running on fumes, and refusing to go elsewhere to accommodate Madrid's request(s) for a pay cut. But that returns to the economic argument - Bale locked RM into the contract, and you (general public you, not flyeed flyeed you) can't hate on him now for wanting RM to live up to their word.

I think people see Gareth as this hero sticking it to the man. Imo he’s closer to a dude who takes minimal pride in his craft/work and being in a position that people dream of. For the same reasons sports fans love Jordan’s attitude and approach, it’s acceptable to feel just as strongly when an athlete shows he barely cares and is ok with pocketing an exorbitant amount of money that he isn’t working hard for.

Shopping an underperformer isn’t a dirty betrayal, it’s a part of sports management. Dude has been underperforming so badly that it would have been irresponsible to not try seeing if a buyer can be duped by his reputation.

Also people seem to not get how money works. High wages can be mitigated by a lower transfer fee. Still were no serious takers other than a Chinese team.

Gareth is washed, injury prone, and grossly overpaid. He has been treated harshly before, but in the present moment, if someone wants to criticize his footballing contributions, it’s probably warranted.

It’s possible to appreciate his historic goals and sympathize with his injury struggles, but also acknowledge his shortcomings.

Last edited:
I'd say the pandemic showed us that a majority of these values are complete BS when clubs are saying they can't pay workers wages etc for a month :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom