⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monchengladbach beat Shaktar in their 2 matches by a combined 10-0. We lost to Shaktar twice. Second time couldn’t muster up a single goal. Our team is constructed like trash and Zizou is managing like trash. Injuries aren’t helping. It’s unfortunate he’s injured but at the same time paying €130m for Hazard with one year on his deal never made sense. The only thing saving this squad is Mbappe or Haaland.

the front line is flying, though we are playing a bit more experienced farmers, all 4 attackers have been sharp. pepe has looked good on the left so far, and nelson continuing to be aggressive with his take-ons, hopefully both can add goals today

Good game from Arsenal against the Austrian farmers. Let's see them take this style of play into the PL and not look like an embarrassment for once this season...

Props to Bomani for shedding light on Don Diego but let's be real, I don't think there's an American athlete that's comparable to Diego.
You sure? Muhammad Ali was up there man
I'm definitely sure. Ali will always be up there but comparing both is like comparing apple and oranges IMO :lol:

Jordan???

Edit. Though I'm not really sure what you mean when you say there's no American athlete comparable to Diego...Comparable in what area? Skill, impact on the game, idol for fans, etc, hunger to win, etc, really depends what you are trying to compare.

Props to Bomani for shedding light on Don Diego but let's be real, I don't think there's an American athlete that's comparable to Diego.

Michael Jordan is the one American athlete that’s universally known like Diego. That said, Americans do a better job at putting things in perspective than Argentines (and Neopolitans). I’m sure there will be a tremendous public outpouring the day that MJ dies, but it won’t be anything close to the idolatry that’s going on with Diego right now.

i would put mj above diego
Basketball is tailor made for individual athletes though
Diego hasn’t done anything mj didn’t equal or better

Michael Jordan is the one American athlete that’s universally known like Diego. That said, Americans do a better job at putting things in perspective than Argentines (and Neopolitans). I’m sure there will be a tremendous public outpouring the day that MJ dies, but it won’t be anything close to the idolatry that’s going on with Diego right now.

Yeah it's interesting to look at...Football is much more of a universal sport...So many places where they live and breath football from birth. People around the world will know Jordan, but I feel like it's more for his name and the brand than them actually being a fan of his game. Basketball just isn't that big outside of the US.

Also South Americans are crazy passionate about their football, so I don't doubt there's more die-hard Maradona fans than die-hard Jordan fans.

That being said, I think Jordan was the better sportsperson. It's obviously hard to compare two different sports, but I just feel like Jordan was more dedicated and accomplished more over a longer period of time and performed at a higher level. Jordan had his moments off court, but sadly Maradona was just too wild with his lifestyle.

But then Diego did bring them a World Cup, that is pretty ****ing big and ****s on an NBA championship lol.

Both legends though for sure. 100 years from now no one is going to be talking about Gareth Bale or Paul Pogba or Griezmann, but Jordan and Diego are in set in history.

Jordan???

Edit. Though I'm not really sure what you mean when you say there's no American athlete comparable to Diego...Comparable in what area? Skill, impact on the game, idol for fans, etc, hunger to win, etc, really depends what you are trying to compare.

In the sense of having the status of an Idol/Cult-like figure...there's no one like Maradona. I should've been a little clearer

💯 percent facts. Diego Armando Maradona is as close to a god as any athlete will ever get to.

i would put mj above diego
Basketball is tailor made for individual athletes though
Diego hasn’t done anything mj didn’t equal or better

Bro stop, you’re tripping here Jape. The day MJ dies he won’t even come close to 1/100th of the celebration or public mourning Maradona got in Argentina and Napoli here in America.

Last edited:
Didn't see this mentioned yet

It's an interesting idea, sounds like a Footy version of Ballers :lol:

Monchengladbach beat Shaktar in their 2 matches by a combined 10-0. We lost to Shaktar twice. Second time couldn’t muster up a single goal. Our team is constructed like trash and Zizou is managing like trash. Injuries aren’t helping. It’s unfortunate he’s injured but at the same time paying €130m for Hazard with one year on his deal never made sense. The only thing saving this squad is Mbappe or Haaland.

Here’s the other bad news for RM too.......Due to financial crisis, I highly doubt RM get Mbappe next Summer like they were planning to do.

The only clubs that this COVID financial crisis doesn’t affect are the oil clubs.

💯 percent facts. Diego Armando Maradona is as close to a god as any athlete will ever get to.

Bro stop, you’re tripping here Jape. The day MJ dies he won’t even come close to 1/100th of the celebration or public mourning Maradona got in Argentina and Napoli here in America.
2 asinine statements that can't be measured or refuted so i wont even try

but you are severely disrespecting the impact jordan has had globally.
pound for pound the impact mj has had especially while only playing in the US is incomparable.
there are literally lines around the world still where people are trying to buy his sneakers.
maradona has had an immense impact in the football world only.
jordan has gone way beyond basketball and even sport. we wouldn't even be having a discussion about maradona on this board if it weren't for MJ

and we aren't even getting in to sporting achievements cause he would lose that argument too

google michael jordan and google diego maradona
lets see who has more results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom