⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. LA Diggler LA Diggler you’re against Zidane because he’s had a prime Madrid squad, but Jose has had damn near a half billion in funding after TWO SEASONS?

Yeah, we don’t know what zidane would do in the transfer Market, but we know damn well it would more than likely be better than what Jose has done.

Outside of Pogba and Zlatan, who else of substance has Jose brought in?

And Zlatan was on a free transfer. He didn’t even cost anything. So really, Jose has wasted about $300m since summer 2017

Edit - Add Lukaku to that as well. Don’t want to disrespect Stromzy, he’s definitely turned out better than Morata against what I initially thought.

Last edited:

That was quick :lol::smokin

Really hope he can continue to grow into that holding/defensive mid role this season. It'd be nice to have a good option there for the Selecao besides just Casemiro with Fernandinho not getting any younger

Roberto Martinez made that trip for nothing :rofl:

Episode 2: Noisy Neighbors
This episode is building up to the derby @ Old Trafford from last season. Aguero said he mostly lives in Manchester by himself I always and spends most the time by himself felt like he did he seems loner type, seems like he misses his family grateful for what he's done over the years for the club despite that. Said his son comes to stay a week every month but he lives and goes to school with Argentina with his mom. Also says the people he hangs out with most are Otamendi for obvious reasons and De Gea cause they have a good friendship from their Atletico days. Naples looks like such a beautiful city. Putting 4 past Napoli in Naples at a time they where flying was a huge confidence boost for the season at the time. Agueros club record goal was in that game :pimp:. Really ****in cool that our 2nd goal in the Leicester game came from a situation Pep showed KDB he should do during halftime and it happened exactly like that including the two players he said should be in the box before he moves into that space. Sterlings game winning curler against Southampton :pimp:the boys in the back singing "Raheem Sterling he's top of the league" :pimp::pimp: Silva and Otamendi scoring at Old Trafford :pimp: Edersons double save:pimp::pimp:

I wish City's YT channel still showed their kit/equipment manager... I love watching inside stuff like that...

I miss being my son's equipment manager... Cleaning boots, getting grass stains off his kits, etc... Miss watching him play. I hope one of you guys get to experience your son/daughter play footy at a decent level... He scored in the pic btw... Big kid tackled him after the fact too.

Chris Footy.JPG

BTW, if you do have a kid playing sports, I highly suggest Shout Gel with the brush tip. It gets out dark grass stains, blood, caked on dirt, & ring around the collar like it was never there. Highly recommend it for cleaning your kids sports kits... Also used a dish washing brush with a short handle to wash the dirt & mud off my son's boots & then cleaned with either Jason Markk or Reshoevn8r products. I made sure he had crispy clean boots every weekend.

Last edited:
In addition to having so much in common professionally, Messi & Ronaldo have knuckleheaded brothers that are always getting into trouble... :lol::smh:

Ep 3: Winter is Coming
Interesting again hearing how the higher-ups talk about transfers in relation to the current squad. Man Silvas situation with his son was rough Peps speech before the Spurs game when it first went down was touching. "We have to win for David Silva and his girlfriend Jessica...he's ****in suffering with life...when you go out there and you enjoy you enjoy it for him...if you go out there and we suffer you suffer for him..but remember the situation today i want the win for David Silva..and his girlfriend and his family is that clear?! :frown: KDB holding up 21 after his goal :frown: went on to win that game 4-1 was probably one of my favorite games last season KDB was on another level that day and the context of what was going on in the background makes it so much more special. Was funning watch Peps and some of the board room guys watching like post match commentary think :lol:....18 straight league wins what a time that was. Damn Jesus took his injury against Crystal Palace hard. That Anfield game in the league :smh: I forgot Aguero was inches form equalizing in extra time I never watched that game back for obvious reasons lol. Pep wasn't as hard on them after that loss as I thought he would be. Dont think that will be the same for the other loses we know came that season....

So the reviews are out on Fifa 19. Nobody likes it apparently.

Videos all over youtube about how Fifa 19 sucks

That literally happens every year with the beta, then the real game drops and all the noise stops aside from a couple complaints

Wait. LA Diggler LA Diggler you’re against Zidane because he’s had a prime Madrid squad, but Jose has had damn near a half billion in funding after TWO SEASONS?

Yeah, we don’t know what zidane would do in the transfer Market, but we know damn well it would more than likely be better than what Jose has done.

Outside of Pogba and Zlatan, who else of substance has Jose brought in?

And Zlatan was on a free transfer. He didn’t even cost anything. So really, Jose has wasted about $300m since summer 2017

Edit - Add Lukaku to that as well. Don’t want to disrespect Stromzy, he’s definitely turned out better than Morata against what I initially thought.

I’m “against” Zidane because I don’t think Jose should be sacked. I mentioned the prime Madrid squad because I have doubts on how he would fair with a squad not close to that level.

I don’t think people realize how bad our squad was (we still have players that need to be shipped out). We needed to spend that money just to get to where we are at now. Fergie let the squad get old, then there was Moyes spending the summer chasing Fro and Baines and then there was the Gaalactico period where we just bought star players to play in LVG’s rigid system. Jose was always going to have to spend heavily.

Bailly
Matic
Pogba
Lukaku

4/7 isn’t bad and I still have hope that Lindelof and Alexis will come good. Fred is already proving to be a good signing, Dalot is highly rated and Grant is a backup keeper. So for me, Mkhi is the only undeniably bad signing by Jose.

If we did have to get a new manager I’d take Poch over Zizou.

You gotta be smoking some good **** when you don’t want one of the best game managers in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom