⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
does mou get sacked after he doesn't win the BPL this season?

If I had to bet, I'd say before the season ends. It sucks because I always said that I wanted to give Mou until the end of this summer transfer market, to see if he builds the team that "he wants", but so far, it looks like it's pretty much the same squad from last season. I do think that the attacking players we have can do the job, but if Mou still wants to play that negative huff ball with the likes of Young, Smalling, and Jones still first on the team sheet, then it's probably going to be ANOTHER tumultuous season.

I have more than 25 years invested in this club and it's painful to see some of the lack direction and the disregard the "united way" of play. I still hope Mou can pull a rabbit out his hat this season.

If I had to bet, I'd say before the season ends. It sucks because I always said that I wanted to give Mou until the end of this summer transfer market, to see if he builds the team that "he wants", but so far, it looks like it's pretty much the same squad from last season. I do think that the attacking players we have can do the job, but if Mou still wants to play that negative huff ball with the likes of Young, Smalling, and Jones still first on the team sheet, then it's probably going to be ANOTHER tumultuous season.

I have more than 25 years invested in this club and it's painful to see some of the lack direction and the disregard the "united way" of play. I still hope Mou can pull a rabbit out his hat this season.

Honestly I'm starting to think its title or bust for Mou in regards to the boards expectations just because it seems they don't seem too pressed to back him much further in the market this summer.

They must be getting the feeling that he hasn't been making the most of the signings they've already made for him and are likely hesitant to spend much further if he hasn't been able to make it work with the outlay they've already made. Especially given the fact that the positions of need in the squad are all areas that have been invested in under Mou...

With all of that there does seem to be a disconnect between the board and Mou becoming more apparent,the Tone situation where Mou would reportedly happily sell him but the board aren't allowing it seems to be the latest example of that.

On paper,the squad should be able to contend for the title as constructed with key players coming off much needed time off (Alexis and Matic) and great form at the WC (Pogba and Rom). I just hope that the injection of new blood/ideas and a new dynamic (McKenna and Carrick joining,Faria leaving) in Mou's coaching staff this season can have a positive effect on him. Gonna need a more progressive approach from him cause I don't want to have another one of those 3rd year seasons from hell...

Give me Jardim if that happens

Honestly United hasn’t made any exciting moves for me. In fact I’m really not excited for the upcoming season. Like a Madrid, Pool, Juve, fan will be. Only thing that excites me is that we are starting with a clean slate. That’s sad

giphy.gif

:lol: I mean literally from any other angle it looks fine....

but tbf what stadia or arena doesnt loosely resemble a toilet seat from a direct over the top aerial shot? :lol:

Um, none? But you can keep telling yourself that rck :lol: :lol:

Asensio will be wearing the number 7 according to Sergio Ramos, Pjanic needs to stay (these rumors are getting crazy)

Um, none? But you can keep telling yourself that rck :lol: :lol:

Asensio will be wearing the number 7 according to Sergio Ramos, Pjanic needs to stay (these rumors are getting crazy)
if that's true forget the Hazard stuff bale on left, asensio on the right, and bring in a striker

Reading that Bale wants assurance from Lopetegui that he’ll be the focal point of the team. If that happens could see him having a big year. Would obviously need to stay out of the physio room.

i **** with english xavi :smokin
such an anomaly compared to the midfield garbage the english usually produce

bale asensio and benzema might be the worst front 3 madrid have had in a while
madrid need hazard to be competitive this year
hard to replace ronnie's goals and the impact he makes on other teams back lines
madrid won't have anyone to loft crosses to bail them out

I can see the team looking more like Isco and Asensio in front of the midfield feeding the bullets to Bale. Not sure if it’ll work out though. I don’t really mind if we aren’t great this season and treat it as more of a transitional one before going all out for Mbappe next summer.

I can see the team looking more like Isco and Asensio in front of the midfield feeding the bullets to Bale. Not sure if it’ll work out though. I don’t really mind if we aren’t great this season and treat it as more of a transitional one before going all out for Mbappe next summer.
problem with this is they'll probably fire Lopetegui, gotta keep winning trophies

lopetegui and sarri are going to be very interesting to watch

both managers inherited problematic conditions.
take the hardest job in football then lose ronnie to make it even tougher
or sort through chelseas shambles and possibly losing your top 3 players

i **** with english xavi :smokin
such an anomaly compared to the midfield garbage the english usually produce

Spanish Joe Allen knew what time it was.

Paul Scholes is a role model. For me – and I really mean this – he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years.

I've spoken to Xabi Alonso about him. He's spectacular, he has it all: the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him.

if that's true forget the Hazard stuff bale on left, asensio on the right, and bring in a striker

So because Asensio is wearing number 7 you no longer want Hazard? You think the number 7 shirt gives you powers or something? Are you drunk? :lol:

Ask United fans if the number 7 shirt gives you powers since Ronaldo left :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom