⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah some of y’all are misremembering how bad Jose was
He was absolutely terrible in Manchester.

He was terrible but that doesn’t mean he was wrong about some of the things he said.

As far as I’m concerned United problems go back to 2010-2011. So no one is misremembering anything. If anything I’m remembering.

Once 2013 came and Fergie left, it was a straight nose dive. Woodward has absolutely no idea what he’s doing.

He gave OGS the job prematurely and since then they lost 7 out of 9 games. Now he’s gonna give OGS hundreds of millions of dollars. I wouldn’t be so confident in giving that man that type of money.

This is more than just Mou, this is going back years. Wouldn’t surprise me if United are in the same position today two years from now and OGS gets the sack.

Jose wasn’t backed this last year though. Wonder where Citeh would be if Pep was told ‘hey man you bought Bravo, Zinchenko and Nolito. Make it work, we’re not buying Ederson, Mendy and Silva for you.’

Pep actually improves/develops his players though...

Easy to get clubs to back you to the tune of €1B over a career when they reap the results and benefits long term and not just in the short term.

rolaholic rolaholic you gonna be surprised if we’re here two years from now talking about how Woodward has no idea what he’s doing after he sacks OGS and United is in 6th place again?

Because I won’t.

This is a problem that’s deeper than any manager. That’s the emphasis of my argument.

Pep actually improves/develops his players though...

Easy to get clubs to back you to the tune of €1B over a career when they reap the results and benefits long term and not just in the short term.

That’s on the board then, not Jose. Everyone knows what it is with Jose.

They should’ve sacked him in the summer if they didn’t want to back him anymore. Better yet, don’t hire him in the first place if you want a long term manager who embodies the ‘united way’

rolaholic rolaholic you gonna be surprised if we’re here two years from now talking about how Woodward has no idea what he’s doing after he sacks OGS and United is in 6th place again?

Because I won’t.

This is a problem that’s deeper than an y manager. That’s the emphasis of my argument.
No I wont which is why I dont want Woody anywhere near footy decision making,he's shown to be clueless in that aspect.

I've already acknowledged that it's way deeper than just the manager before but I'm not gonna absolve them of blame either. There's enough to go around without needing to be an apologist for one side

All the top clubs are consistent at staying at the top by having football people in charge of the important stuff like the actual football played and recruitment. Only at United are bankers/suits unchallenged in principal positions of influence relating to that and it makes no sense

Even Barca who sometimes also have ex bankers as presidents still have a board made up of lifelong supporters and others involved in the game to answer to if they're not up to standard. Same with Real

There's a level of accountability there that the club lacks and desperately needs but as long as the Glazers are printing money off the club,it seems they've got no problem leaving Woody with the keys and free reign :smh:

Were those not mourinho signings?
Mou **** on this team and destroyed their soul. His tenure was terrible

I’m not saying that united didn’t have problems before but mou made them a lot worse

It all comes down to woody though. Why would he overpay the garbage that is mourinho and let him rob united all while he is destroying the club.
And we all knew it was bound to happen too :smh:

What I don’t understand (recently) is why give OGS the job before the season ended when you know you have a legitimate shot at Pochettino.

RM had just hired Zidane, RM were out the running. I would trust Poch with a war-chest and developing young talent instead of an unproven manager.

I didn’t see Liverpool or City hiring unproven managers who just so happened to be club legends. They both went out there and got proven managers.

This would have been the perfect summer to hire Poch. He was poachable. And if it didn’t happen OGS wasn’t going anywhere. He didn’t hold the cards in this situation.

Whole time Jose should have pulled a Zidane and quit, he was right about the squad needing new players, expensive players albeit. They didn't back him on that, not having this season on his resume would have been good for him. And now Its looking they might hire a technical director from within...

The rumors have been out there that Jose was purposely trying to get himself fired because if he quit he wouldn’t have got the 30 million guaranteed...

Idk. What I know is that José is out here looking more and more like he was right about alotttttttnof things going on at Manchester.

chelsea-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg

chelsea-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg

This is a joke, right? Pls tell me it's a joke

He was terrible but that doesn’t mean he was wrong about some of the things he said.

As far as I’m concerned United problems go back to 2010-2011. So no one is misremembering anything. If anything I’m remembering.

Once 2013 came and Fergie left, it was a straight nose dive. Woodward has absolutely no idea what he’s doing.

He gave OGS the job prematurely and since then they lost 7 out of 9 games. Now he’s gonna give OGS hundreds of millions of dollars. I wouldn’t be so confident in giving that man that type of money.

This is more than just Mou, this is going back years. Wouldn’t surprise me if United are in the same position today two years from now and OGS gets the sack.

a lot of our issues predate SAFs retirement. We didn't reinvest the Ronaldo money, placed a priority on English core (really jones over Varane???), over-relied on aging squad (scholesy coming back outta retirement) and continue to offer aging stars huge contracts (see Rooney and Sanchez). Fergie's been gone almost 10yrs and we have what to show for it? Even if you are all about profit margin, how can the glazers see this as having been a good investment?

I won't even address Mourinho, we all saw he had to go. Forget tactics, his man management alone was worth firing him over.

What I don’t understand (recently) is why give OGS the job before the season ended when you know you have a legitimate shot at Pochettino.

RM had just hired Zidane, RM were out the running. I would trust Poch with a war-chest and developing young talent instead of an unproven manager.

I didn’t see Liverpool or City hiring unproven managers who just so happened to be club legends. They both went out there and got proven managers.

This would have been the perfect summer to hire Poch. He was poachable. And if it didn’t happen OGS wasn’t going anywhere. He didn’t hold the cards in this situation.
Part of me feels like they got a resounding NO from Poch. BUT an even bigger part of me feels like the idiots went with the cheaper option. Everyone in here knows where I stand on this whole topic. At a minimum, I wanted us to wait till the summer. I will support OGS but I would be lying if I said I wanted him over Poch.

Part of me feels like they got a resounding NO from Poch. BUT an even bigger part of me feels like the idiots went with the cheaper option. Everyone in here knows where I stand on this whole topic. At a minimum, I wanted us to wait till the summer. I will support OGS but I would be lying if I said I wanted him over Poch.

Yea I feel like they went with cheaper lazy option.

You always on some weird ****, "little minded man"? Jape come get your mans.
I said what I said, Pogba has done nothing to show he's a leader but more so the one at fault for teams lackluster play. He reminds me of Oil where he has stretches of brilliance but then falls all the way off when you need him. Mentally, he is a little man. Next time, wash your face before you come up with some weird **** with your fascist teams fanhood.

Admire Pepes demands.

Memphis gonna end up at Watford.

Draxler at Arsenal for 25 mill paid in 7 installments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom