⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you were going to be the first to reply... :rofl:

People here think I'm biased only because they worship English culture from across an ocean, without realizing they're worshiping the crowd that even regular English people detest

Even if you exclude the football related riots they start every time they come through, these are the same type of people that got minibars banned in some Spanish cities because they kept replacing the alcohol with their own urine (not exaggerating) and then had the nerve to complain about Spain not being as fun anymore; I'll never trust a word they say

Edit:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ba...-tourists-filled-the-empty-bottles-with-piss/

Brits have been replacing drinks in minibar bottles with their own pee in one part of Spain, research claims. One in three tourists has admitted to refilling bottles with urine, water and other liquids in hotel rooms in the Costa Blanca. It is believed to be done so tourists, many of whom are said to be British, can avoid paying often expensive prices for the drinks.

Last edited:
People here think I'm biased only because they worship English culture from across an ocean, without realizing they're worshiping the crowd that even regular English people detest

Even if you exclude the football related riots they start every time they come through, these are the same type of people that got minibars banned in some Spanish cities because they kept replacing the alcohol with their own urine (not exaggerating) and then had the nerve to complain about Spain not being as fun anymore; I'll never trust a word they say

Edit:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ba...-tourists-filled-the-empty-bottles-with-piss/

Brits have been replacing drinks in minibar bottles with their own pee in one part of Spain, research claims. One in three tourists has admitted to refilling bottles with urine, water and other liquids in hotel rooms in the Costa Blanca. It is believed to be done so tourists, many of whom are said to be British, can avoid paying often expensive prices for the drinks.
When I see CL or EL matches, I always root against las anglais with the fevor of Magua when he cut out the heart of the munro... :lol:

When I see CL or EL matches, I always root against las anglais with the fevor of Magua when he cut out the heart of the munro... :lol:

:lol: As much as I dislike their local fans, I'm not against their clubs though (at least the big clubs; couldn't care less about their mid table and lower ones), since most English clubs in the modern era are full of some of the best talent from all over the world. I rooted for Liverpool in the CL final last year and against Napoli this week (because @#%@ Serie A)

If you think I'm bad, you should have a talk with my dad/uncles that lived through the era where English teams were banned from European competitions because of their fans' behavior :rofl:

Last edited:
:lol: As much as I dislike their local fans, I'm not against their teams though (at least the big clubs; couldn't care less about their mid table and lower ones), since most English clubs in the modern era are full of the best talent from all over the world.
I hate Prem football... With the loss of beIN & not being able to watch Barca, La Liga, & Ligue Un, I gave watching the Prem a try & the football is teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrible. It's like watching a niffle game or watching someone paper cut themselves with an envelope over & over.

I can't even bear to watch City & Pep's my man 100 grand. I'll watch Pool in big matches but having to watch the other team is an affront to my sensibilities. I like to see what Sarri does but I ignore the other team. If I pay attention to the other team, I'll turn it off. I love the way Sarri has his team press & pressure the other team to get the ball back, It's like watching a cat toy with a mouse...

Vidi v Chelsea just started. Entire back line is changed. Ethan “our home grown big hair” Ampadeu and Christensen are our centrebacks. Zappa and Emerson on wings. Willy Cab in goal and CHO in LW.

As I type this it’s a bit shaky already

United fans have Mou ever set the team with Martial & Lukaku upfront, Pogba underneath, 3 behind Pogba and 4 at the back?

Thursday, December 13
12:55 pm ET - Akhisarspor vs. Standard Liege (Europa League), Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live
12:55 pm ET - Vidi vs. Chelsea (Europa League), UniMas, fuboTV, B/R Live
12:55 pm ET - Villarreal vs. Spartak Moscow (Europa League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Arsenal vs. Qarabag (Europa League), Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Dudelange vs. Real Betis (Europa League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Olympiacos vs. AC Milan (Europa League), UniMas, fuboTV, B/R Live
9:00 pm ET - Club America vs. Cruz Azul (Liga MX final, 1st leg), Univision, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV

Caleb Porter to LA Galaxy eww. @nomadicsole21 @northoaklandfc @chippedtoothsmile
@rck3sactown
I hate Prem football... With the loss of beIN & not being able to watch Barca, La Liga, & Ligue Un, I gave watching the Prem a try & the football is teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrible. It's like watching a niffle game or watching someone paper cut themselves with an envelope over & over.

I can't even bear to watch City & Pep's my man 100 grand. I'll watch Pool in big matches but having to watch the other team is an affront to my sensibilities. I like to see what Sarri does but I ignore the other team. If I pay attention to the other team, I'll turn it off. I love the way Sarri has his team press & pressure the other team to get the ball back, It's like watching a cat toy with a mouse...
Man if you cant even enjoy watching this years City, or Pool, or Arsenal sides, idk what to tell you. You're snubbing the second most exciting league in the world, because it's not on par with the most exciting league in the world.

Ligue 1 is fun, but some of those teams are technically terrible. Lyon is dope and I root for them actively, but they aren't on the same level as EPL teams. PSG is always entertaining but once you're looking at mid level teams, they'd struggle against an MLS side more often than not.

Willian knocks in a great FK and Vidi’s corner off Ampadu’s hair makes an OG two minutes later.

1-1

Zappacosta is holding it too long when he underlaps/overlaps and crosses it into the box

He needs to take one less touch and it'll hit right on his target. He's giving the defense a moment too long to adjust to his passes

Rumors of Chelsea offering Morata for Denis Saurez? :rolleyes

I'd be cool with that... as long as the club doesn't include cash. I think Morata might do well to be back in Spain & a fresh start. In fact, I think he might flourish...

Rumors of Chelsea offering Morata for Denis Saurez? :rolleyes

I'd be cool with that... as long as the club doesn't include cash. I think Morata might do well to be back in Spain & a fresh start. In fact, I think he might flourish...
he defdefinitely needs a fresh start, but I doubt he'll ever play for Barcelona, I see him going back to Italy

Thorgan Hazard having a nice season at Gladbach

I don't think it would happen either but I'd welcome it as long as there isn't a lot of dough involved. I do keep seeing rumors that Sarri wants Denis Suarez though. He's also rumored to want Captain Murica, Christian Pulisic.

Singer Candelaria Tinelli whose father is also a club VP modeling a special edition murdered out San Lorenzo shirt called "Piel de Cuervo" aka the crow's skin. For those that don't know, the club's nickname is The Crows. Think they will be wearing the kit soon...

san-lorenzo-2.jpg

san-lorenzo-4.jpg

san-lorenzo-1.jpg

san-lorenzo-top.jpg

Last edited:
Random but Uruguay's future midfield is Torreira (22) , Bentancur (21) & Fede (20) that's gonna be a problem

I swear I was meaning to say this during last dull international break. Bentencur has been great for Juve and so has Torreira for Arsenal. Nice future for Uruguay.

Rumors have it Juventus will splurge on a midfielder this January. Pogba on top of list and it’s actually becoming a real possibility now that he’s not starting. Isco also on the list but I don’t see that happening, I don’t think Florentino wants to look like a dumbass again.

The other player on the list is Ruben Neves :wow: - Now that Juve have 24/7 access to Jorge Mendes because of Ronaldo, I can definitely see that happening, it would make sense.

Isco + cash or Bale, **** take both in straight swap for Hazard, not that I hate isco but I think that works for everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom