⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man U passed on Dias two years ago, idk why, the talent was clear.

Because they’re stupid and because they opted for Harry Maguire for double the price LOLOLOL. Has to be one of the worst decisions in Footballing history this millennium.

Ruben Dias is the best CB in Europe. Single handedly turned City’s defense into a fortress. Revived John Stones career. Before Dias, City were letting Leicester score 7 goals, literally a week before he came in :lol:

I’m just commenting on what I saw out there today man. Congrats on the win, but the truth is that City lacked firepower. Both your goals were flukey.

You got a huge result though and are in the driver’s seat to advance. Let’s see what happens in the 2nd leg.

Yeah i agree it would have been nice to have a proper striker out there, i just took issue with Gabby Jesus seemingly being your answer, not the biggest fan of that dude my bad :lol: and yeah the tie is far from over especially with those two beasts on PSG, id be lying if i said i was mad nervous before the match and even moreso after that first half. Just pumped to be making some noise in champions league

:lol: reading this thread from the match. Shoutout nomadic, these dudes give Pep **** for overthinking big matches and now want him to change up our lineup and tactics that have worked unbelievably well all year long (prem and ucl) in a semifinal...... Dudes asking for GABBY JESUS :lol: and an unfit Aguero
They expect Jesus to outmanuever and outwit Marquinhos and Kimpembe on their home field :lol:
Strikers are slowly dying in todays game most of em are wingers turned forwards. You don't get the likes of Lewandowski, Kane, Aguero and Suarez no more but for some reason, we HAVE to put ours in.

Unfit is the keyword and like Armada Armada Mentioned we don't know which Aguero we would get. I havent seen a prime Aguero in 2 years, before Covid and his muscle injury. He hasn't featured in a meaningful Champions League match probably since Tottenham 3 years ago.

The praise should go to every single one of our midfielders today they pressed and tracked back relentlessly besides the Marquinhos goal, they gave the defenders confidence by showing that they were there to help. The only thing lacking was the the runs into the box but everything else was on point.

Poch has to play Icardi next match with Neymar and Mbappe. He has to create some sort confusion and decoys for City’s backline.

They should have never gotten rid of Cavani man. Especially when he’s just wasting away at United just waiting to go back home.:smh:

Yea I don’t agree with strikers dying out in today’s game. We are at our best this year with no striker but that’s this year. For the future we still gotta go for Haaland

Poch has to play Icardi next match with Neymar and Mbappe. He has to create some sort confusion and decoys for City’s backline.

They should have never gotten rid of Cavani man. Especially when he’s just wasting away at United just waiting to go back home.:smh:
Thats exactly what I would do. Make our central defenders busy with Icardi and let Neymar and Mbappe cook our fullbacks.

^^ yet your club is desperate to sign Haaland :rolleyes
A long with the rest of Europe. Liverpools been without a proper ST since Sturridge yall doing fine. I voiced my displeasure with our ST situation early this season. Somehow this has been working wonders.

Yea I don’t agree with strikers dying out in today’s game. We are at our best this year with no striker but that’s this year. For the future we still gotta go for Haaland
I mean look how wide teams lineup now in every top league in Europe, everything is more focused on the outside and not the middle.

Okay maybe not dying out like the ST role is gonna disappear but the quality outside the top 5 is a HUGE drop of quality. Outside of Lewandowski, Kane, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Haaland you get the Lukaku's, Vardy's, Lacazettes of the world. They're good but not game changers like the STs in the 2000s and 90s.

I'm all for Haaland BTW, you'd be crazy not to be.

Okay maybe not dying out like the ST role is gonna disappear but the quality outside the top 5 is a HUGE drop of quality.

You can say the same thing about the CB position, doesn’t mean they are just going out of fashion.

Also a big takeaway from me these past few weeks is how fun Neymar is to watch. I won’t pretend to watch Ligue 1, but it feels like he’s back to his artistic best

Last edited:
giphy.gif

You can’t credit Pep’s tactics for that win. First goal was scored on a keeper error. Second goal shouldn’t have gone through the wall. Regardless of the scoreline, City lacked bite today.
bruh stop being a salty fool ...the 2nd half was dominant by city. that wasn't luck.

This is way more worrying than any of the “Pep’s tactics” or how City as a team played today.

I’ve seen Ruben Dias keep Mbappe in his pocket now twice. TWICE!!!!

Poch has to find a way around it.

why the quotations?

y'all see this right?
these guys trying to discredit pep as much as they can when they were yelling "kLoPp Is ThE BeSt" all year long :lol:

y'all can't sit there straight faced and say tactics had nothing to do with this. stop being a damn hater and watching with your emotions.

if psg end up winning the trophy mbappe will probably get the balon d' or but
neymar > mbappe
neymar's skill was unmatched out there today

yet :lol:

I'm rooting for Lille to get it done, that schedule ain't easy, 3 of the 4 matches left are against the top 10

I'd like to see OL take it personally

for all the talk of La Liga coming down to the last day Uber Eats looking like it could as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom