⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen anything on your man Bruno to Real from any Spanish sources yet today Coupé It Coupé It ...

In official news

Happy he gets to be the starter at another big club,dude was so underappreciated by Real. He's still a better keeper than T-Boat

So many keepers on the move today

Yea I’m not confident the deal is happening. Spain hasn’t been running with this at all.

Speaking of DDG/more keeper rumors

Love Dave more than any keeper since VDS and he's the best no.1 United have had since Schmeichel but losing him at this stage of his career wouldn't be as devastating o me as it would've a year or 2 ago. He's still one of the best but def starting to become a bit more prone to errors and seeming less focused as he was in the past.

Oblak could easily be just as good

Why wouldn’t he? Not for sporting reasons that’s for sure. There is only so much abuse a man can take, and unfortunately he can expect racist chants/treatments any time he leaves the San Siro, often times the own Inter fans aren’t ashamed to make racist remarks ESPECIALLY if he hits a dry spell and the team isn’t performing well.

Navas to PSG is official. Watch him shut us out when we play at Paris for the UCL

Even though what you're saying is true and all of that being said, he still just got there though.

It's shameful to see but it's not unexpected or surprising and having him bounce so soon would be giving the racists a lot more power than they should have if they can just force out players on their own imo.

From most accounts, he looks to be in a squad that appreciates him right now when it comes to his coach and teammates so unless something really drastic happens off the pitch, I don't see how he doesn't last at least one season there.

If DDG could regain his confidence id take him in a heartbeat

Whether he goes on a free or stays at ManU he's getting his bag regardless

Y’all subscribe to DAZN?

They bought the rights to Prem and CL in Canada, so only options are DAZN or the e-streets

Even if DDG value has decreased due to form and his contract winding down...

United could have made probably like €40-60 Million this Summer by selling him if they anticipated this correctly.

Now he’s about to leave for free? I don’t see any blessings here gentlemen, I see stupidity and negligence.

Lolllll Real’s comunicado on deadline day is Areola. And a fan/locker room favorite in Keylor has been shipped out for him so we can keep goofball Courtois.

If things keep going this way someone could give Flo a decent run in the presidential election. Things like this and letting CR7 go, the Ls even with Zidane, lackluster play, decreased attendance, while Barca brings in the likes of FDJ and Griez, Atleti brings in Felix with a massively ballsy investment that’s immediately paying off. And imo with all the injuries every season our training staff is far from the best, whose job is it to hire them?

It’s still early but Hazard has a lot riding on his shoulders. Even that move was a little weird to me. Dude with one year on his contract and doesn’t want to play for any other team, but your squad is in such a desperate state that you can’t wait one year to get him. Maybe if you kept CR7 you could have saved €100m and gotten Pogba earlier.

Y’all subscribe to DAZN?

They bought the rights to Prem and CL in Canada, so only options are DAZN or the e-streets

Yup,subscribed last year once they got CL rights over here and probably gonna continue with them having Prem rights too now

We had it good for so long I took it for granted :smh:

Lolllll Real’s comunicado on deadline day is Areola. And a fan/locker room favorite in Keylor has been shipped out for him so we can keep goofball Courtois.

If things keep going this way someone could give Flo a decent run in the presidential election. Things like this and letting CR7 go, the Ls even with Zidane, lackluster play, decreased attendance, while Barca brings in the likes of FDJ and Griez, Atleti brings in Felix with a massively ballsy investment that’s immediately paying off. And imo with all the injuries every season our training staff is far from the best, whose job is it to hire them?

It’s still early but Hazard has a lot riding on his shoulders. Even that move was a little weird to me. Dude with one year on his contract and doesn’t want to play for any other team, but your squad is in such a desperate state that you can’t wait one year to get him. Maybe if you kept CR7 you could have saved €100m and gotten Pogba earlier.

Oh if Zidane fails, Florentino is done the next election. He’s a dead man walking. It’s not “if” he’d lose the election, it’s “who” will be next in line to win his job.

Another thing to add is that it feels like the complacency, patience, and conservative mood comes from the top. Sometimes you need to hit the panic button a little instead of being like the everything is fine meme. Sometimes you need to get rid of dudes to send a message that your spot in the squad, let alone the XI isn’t safe.

Which leads me to say that the Ramos Varane pairing has been suspect for a while. Who’s legitimately intimidated by that pairing? Ramos is old and whenever Varane gets in form (which he isn’t right now) he seems to pick up a knock and starts from scratch. I don’t rate either of them except for the occasional ability to turn up their level in a big tournament. But these guys don’t care to bring it and command their area week in week out for a domestic campaign, or maybe just can’t. I want to see Militao in there to bring that same level of hunger we saw from Mendy. The technical ability will come with them, the hunger will not come back with Ramos and Varane paired together.

SmartSelect_20190902-134147_Boat Browser.jpg

Not that easy to displace Flo, but I don't have enough knowledge to know who would be in the running

Last edited:
Last rant related to Keylor is that we got Courtois the summer after Keylor was the reason we got past Bayern to threepeat in the first place

Then we didn’t even let Keylor be the cup keeper and defend his crown.

All of Munich knew he’s the sole reason they didn’t win that match

When I watch this vid all I see are nut megs, shots that are too low, and rebounds being given up by lurch

Stupid Real could have also signed Kepa for a buyout of €20m to have a more natural transition with Navas but instead their post World Cup “Galactico” was a GK....the summer that CR7 left...

Last edited:
How is letting DDG go on a FREE a blessing in disguise?

A year ago he would have have made United €80 million plus.

He’s approaching his 30s. This dip in form could just be the new normal for him. We’d be paying him an insane amount of money for 4 or 5 years. He stays rooted to his line. He’s not good at distributing. He was ever only world class in reflexes/shot stopping and that’s declining now. He’ll go to Juve on a free, we’ll either sign or promote a younger keeper that’s better suited for modern play.

United could have made probably like €40-60 Million this Summer by selling him if they anticipated this correctly.

Now he’s about to leave for free? I don’t see any blessings here gentlemen, I see stupidity and negligence.

There were talks of selling him in the summer, then there was a U turn and he was going to resign with the club. De Gea could’ve feigned interest in resigning so that he can leave on a free and get an Aaron Ramsey like check next summer.

The greats usually know when to retire/step down. If things don’t shape up it might be time for Flo to take a hiatus like he did when he resigned in 06 stating that the club needed a new direction before returning 3 years later.

that money dont mean much if they not going to use it to get more players,,,, like they refused to do this transfer window aside from wan-bassaka/ harry/james

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom