⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Copa America is being moved to even-numbered years, which is why it's being played again next year.

Tuchel making a whole lotta sense about international football

Well yes, it is too much. There are too many competitions, too many matches, too many friendly matches, too many matches in general. And yes, we have a big problem with all of this. There’s not really any kind of preparation phase. Players are always playing, resting, playing, short break, and then play, play, play and ultimately with all teams playing as many games as we play you always have injured players. Ultimately, you can say that plays against the quality of matches. Fans turn up to see a real spectacle and they want to see players at the top of their game but it’s very difficult to play with that same kind of intensity after so many flights and so many friendly games. So, I do believe there are too many competitions. We had the African Cup of Nations, we had the Under 21 international tournaments, Copa America, and next year the again we’ll have the Copa America, it’s every year now. We have the Euros coming up, it never ends. For me, it’s too much. Too many games for the same players who are always involved in these games. Ultimately, we can see there is a lack of quality, it affects the player’s health and we really do lack phases where players can prepare properly so they can play at their top level.

I think the only way there’s a chance it changes would be if the players come together and speak out against it. An idea to throw out there too would be having a fourth sub for domestic leagues. A lot of managers hold on to that third sub in case someone gets injured, which ironically leads to more potential for injury itself. Or don’t want to use it on a fullback who might need rest because they’d rather take out a midfielder/bring on a dynamic attacker.

3CD02FF5-473E-43E8-992C-A5C786D5DBA1.gif

:lol:

I'm sick of Copa America tbh, it's too much tax on these players body and it was terrible football last summer, teams should have sent a b squad this past summer and a squad next summer.

United gotta press charges, call UEfa, ask to speak to the manager.. this is tapping up

The incompetence has United’s own fans on the ABU wagon

It’s funny to me though how much we’d hear that phrase through recent years, when they reality was that we were just trying to tell y’all :lol:

I’m gunna need some Arsenal fans to clap back though for all the fourth place trophy jokes we heard over the years.

el Classico officially postponed till December

Spanish police is wildin out there :smh:
Just seen a video of them hitting innocent people just walking down the street in barcelona

The incompetence has United’s own fans on the ABU wagon

It’s funny to me though how much we’d hear that phrase through recent years, when they reality was that we were just trying to tell y’all :lol:

I’m gunna need some Arsenal fans to clap back though for all the fourth place trophy jokes we heard over the years.
I lowkey, really lowkey wish both Arsenal and Man U were doing a bit better because its waaaaay too quiet in this thread. Those are the top 2 most represented clubs in here. Theres like a total of 5 or 6 of us City and Liverpool fans and the jabbing back and forth dont really happen until we only play each other lol.

el Classico officially postponed till December

Spanish police is wildin out there :smh:
Just seen a video of them hitting innocent people just walking down the street in barcelona

Knew it...

The (political) powers of Madrid and the La Liga hierarchy wanted no parts of Catalunya making a stance in front of one billion people...

They’re shook...
1571400667394.gif

These are the matches that will tell me something about RM you're coming off the intl break, short handed, traveling away, ahead of a important CL match, can you get 3 points?

Has 0-0 in the 80th minute then getting smoked on a counter written all over it

Last edited:
It’s sucks how many people have planned trips for the Classico from all over the world now gotta do it all over again
hope they do the right thing and give them priority and a discount at the least

clasico is a bucket list type of spectacle

I'm going to be in Barcelona next weekend. I was more upset that they initially scheduled the match for midday, I would have missed it by 15 mins lol I booked my flight before they confirmed match time since airfare was real cheap.

It will be my first time in Barcelona so I'll have more time to explore the city. From what I hear about it, I'll probably be back to catch a match lol

I do feel for those fans who had real plans to see El Clasico

I lowkey, really lowkey wish both Arsenal and Man U were doing a bit better because its waaaaay too quiet in this thread. Those are the top 2 most represented clubs in here. Theres like a total of 5 or 6 of us City and Liverpool fans and the jabbing back and forth dont really happen until we only play each other lol.
United fans finally sinking into this depression.

Side note, MLS PLAYOFFS KICK OFF THIS WEEKEND. YALL HYPED? PTFC ABOUT TO SHOCK THE WORLD AGAIN.

100% agree with tuchel's comments These guys are playing and traveling WAYYY too much with no breaks. We're gonna see guys breaking down sooner and sooner. Very few, if any, guys are built like Ronaldo where they're complete freaks and can handle all the wear and tear for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom