⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
With adidas starting to make Arsenal's kits next season, here's all their kits with Puma

all-puma-arsenal-kits-history%2B%25282%2529.jpg

So... Barcelona is about to poach Liverpool for Firmino at the end of the season?

I doubt there is any validity to that rumor especially given what Pool would ask in return. With Barca's finances the way they are, they can't afford that. They have more pressing needs elsewhere on the pitch.

Daaaaaaaaaamn, this looks good. Someone asked about the Thierry Henry quote shown in the trailer. Looks like it came from this new doc coming out. Ahhh the Halcyon days of the Cruyff & Pep eras... I love seeing Cryuff in that trench coat. It reminds me of back when I discovered Barca crisscrossing Europe working for my uncle. I loved Blade Runner (still do) & the sight of Johan reminded me Harrison Ford's Rick Deckard.
Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry, Xavi and many other top footballers have shared their reasons as to why they believe Barcelona are the greatest football club in the world. In the documentary, Take The Ball, Pass The Ball, former and current Barça players look back at when Pep Guardiola led the team to 14 trophies in four years from 2008-2012. The all-star cast reveal the tension of the bitter Guardiola-Mourinho rivalry, the importance of Johan Cruyff’s vision and blueprint for success, the emotion of Abidal’s fight back from cancer and how Messi was almost rejected by the club as a teenager. Take the Ball Pass the Ball will be available in OurScreen cinemas from 9th November, then on DVD and Digital Download from 12th November

der spiegel not with the ****s

"We stand by our reporting. We have no reason to believe that those documents are not authentic.

Furthermore, as always and before publishing every single article in Der Spiegel, we have meticulously fact-checked our information and had it legally reviewed."

I just read through them twitter comments and these boys on the internet are ruthless on Ramos :lol:

No way he of all people should be calling anyone out for shenanigans.

Scumbag is the most hated CB in the world :lol: reading those twitter comments confirmed it for me

I think after hurting Salah, the level of hate for Ramos went sky high.

Damn, Pogba & Racist Lil Bags are gonna salivate over these new rings.

Not TBT but cool throw back pic none the less. Had no idea Hazard played drunk from the night before some games. Specifically his last game at Lille. :lol: Dude scored a hat trick to.

Edit - Damn yo... Thierry's in the house... Bonne chance & bonne vitesse Thierry!!! :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Last edited:
I doubt there is any validity to that rumor especially given what Pool would ask in return. With Barca's finances the way they are, they can't afford that. They have more pressing needs elsewhere on the pitch.

Daaaaaaaaaamn, this looks good. Someone asked about the Thierry Henry quote shown in the trailer. Looks like it came from this new doc coming out. Ahhh the Halcyon days of the Cruyff & Pep eras... I love seeing Cryuff in that trench coat. It reminds me of back when I discovered Barca crisscrossing Europe working for my uncle. I loved Blade Runner (still do) & the sight of Johan reminded me Harrison Ford's Rick Deckard.

Pep Looks better now then when he had hair. Hes a suave looking lad

I hope Thierry creates a great attacking system and becomes a top manager.

I just hope we continue to beat the breaks off Monaco

>D:lol: There were a few in here that said Pep could run his tiki taka in the Prem or dominate for that matter. Not going to bother pulling receipts. Them oompa loompas know who they are (some aren't even in the thread anymore to).

Despite the dough they've spent, I still think of City as having a hap hazard roster, specifically I think they struggle when they have to depend on their Brit players. They're the ones that are often the cause of catastrophic mistakes.

I think that's why a lot of Prem teams struggle in European competition (because of Brit players on the roster - they make bone headed decisions/plays/mistakes).

Look at the beauty in this clip. It don't get any better than that. Having said that, I do think Pep over does it specifically in recent times in later stages of the CL for both Bayern & last campaign with City.

For a 21 yr old pivot of his caliber, that price is very very fair. I’d love to have him at Barca if they can’t get Frenkie. And to be honest, I don’t think Barca will get Frenkie.

Sterling all of last season and Stones pre injury in CL were amazing for us. Walker has been a fine addition as well so deflecting the blame to just the Brits is a little unfair.

Also I do agree on Pep over doing it in CL and in big matches for us. He got his tactics wrong for the 1st Liverpool match in the QF when he started Laporte at LB and had a midfield of KDB, Silva, Fernandinho and Gundogan. His send off at HT in the 2nd leg didnt help either even tho he was campaigning for a disallowed goal.

This year will be a big challenge as well because I feel like theres gonna be a lot of pressure for him to do well in CL. I personally feel like his legacy at City will be a bit stained if he cant advance us farther than Pellegrini did in the Semis. We were one goal from going to the finals against Real Madrid.

Yea the only Englishman on our squad i don't really trust is Delph. He can do a job for you and did step up last year when called upon cause of the injuries but ultimately you dont wanna be in a situation where hes starting a cup tie for a matchup against another top 6 side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom