🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Club Paradise always baffled me that it was throwaway. For me it’s one of his best songs ever. So happy to have a nice quality version. There’s just too many good songs on this.

I always wondered if the lack of promotion for that song was to respect Jai Paul’s situation.

Pains me to say it, but this care package is what the lost tapes 2 should’ve been.

-I am actually thinking of dreams money can buy. If i recall, dmcb, cp, and free spirit all dropped together. Also, I’d be willing to bet my bottom dollar trust issues was the weeknd’s idea. I know he has his personal remix but even in Drake’s subject matter and subtle nuisances it sounds very trilogy esque weeknd imo.

Last edited:
gave it a few spins yesterday. some tracks just didnt hit. most did though. id say maybe 10 tracks of the 17 were good. dreams money can buy :emoji_fire:

IMG_20190803_222048.jpg
IMG_20190803_215139.jpg

I'm happy to have these all in one place but it's not hitting as hard for me right now because I've already overplayed the crap outta these tracks :lol:

In the Fall/Winter this will be perfect though

I always wondered if the lack of promotion for that song was to respect Jai Paul’s situation.

Pains me to say it, but this care package is what the lost tapes 2 should’ve been.

-I am actually thinking of dreams money can buy. If i recall, dmcb, cp, and free spirit all dropped together. Also, I’d be willing to bet my bottom dollar trust issues was the weeknd’s idea. I know he has his personal remix but even in Drake’s subject matter and subtle nuisances it sounds very trilogy esque weeknd imo.

Almost iirc. CP and Free spirit came out with round of applause some months after DMCB

Dreams money can buy came out some months prior right on the heels of wildfire rmx

I think the reason why Drake's loosies are so good is because he even said if he goes to the lengths to actually lay a record down, it's always for the album. They aren't really throwaways, they just didn't make the album. Like, DMCB was the intro for Take Care for awhile. It's a shame it didn't make it.

And I'm with you on trust issues. It's painfully obvious that it's weeknd inspired and I'm willing to bet that The Weeknd's trust issues rmx was the actual initial version of the song that he gave to drake. The Weeknd at the time was heavy on the EMO double entendre wave and Trust issues is all about that (i.e. "Trust Issues" the writing makes it sound like he has issues with trust in a relationship but the song is really about simply not being able to trust a girl mixing his drank, something he wasn't writing about at all until XO came into the picture haha)

As a Drake fan since Comeback Season and Room For Improvement (For the longest, "Video Girl" was my join),

Take Care is overrated. (To me) Quite a few of the songs on the record just did not age well. I cringe when I hear 'Shot for Me' and he goes "The way you walk, that's me! I'm the maaannn, yeah I said it." We'll Be Fine is terrible, Underground Kings is blah, Take Care w/Rihanna does nothing for me, Doing it Wrong and The Real Her are cringe as hell to me as well...I just feel like these low points on the album are bad recreations of records on So Far Gone. You can tell that that's the aesthetic he was going back to for this album, and it's just not as good.

The true crime of this album lies in the amount of records that he left off of this. Dreams Money Can Buy, Free Spirit, Club Paradise, all would have made TC a classic. As it stands now though,

I have So Far Gone, If You're Reading This, More Life, Scorpion, and Views all over it.

At least it's on something now lol

And I'm with you on trust issues. It's painfully obvious that it's weeknd inspired and I'm willing to bet that The Weeknd's trust issues rmx was the actual initial version of the song that he gave to drake. The Weeknd at the time was heavy on the EMO double entendre wave and Trust issues is all about that (i.e. "Trust Issues" the writing makes it sound like he has issues with trust in a relationship but the song is really about simply not being able to trust a girl mixing his drank, something he wasn't writing about at all until XO came into the picture haha)

I think it’s not realistic to say every song (the narrative) the weekend just gave to drake...

There was an interview from back in 2011 and drake stated he wrote stuff WITH Weeknd. Meaning they were both in the studio cooking up. Not just old dude providing him with records

It’s also a reason The Weeknd music don’t sound like that no more either

i guess im fortunate.

ive heard 90% of these songs before but i didnt overplay them. Except for Free Spirit lol

This **** sounds and flows like a cohesive project which is WILD to me

I was playing 4 PM in Calabasas all week. Abusing it

Hearing Draft Day in 2019 with Johnny Football and Andrew Wiggins name drops :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I know Manziel SICK right now

Anyway this whole **** slaps.

And is better than most of the albums I have heard this year. Not sure if thats fair though lol

Glad he dropped this after that Chance the plant horse**** manure album

Back
Top Bottom