🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

"one thing bout music when it hit you feel no pain".........
Can't believe i didn't peep this but that's yet another opening line that Aubrey "borrowed":rolleyes
Wonder how many more there are. I'm a fan of dude but I'm not a fan of using people's bars like that with no callout. He did it right when he used the juvie flow (i been wildin since a juvie).

He been telling folks for the longest that his money ain't clean and people just ignore it lol Like Zack's cameo in MITG at Nice Guy ain't 'just' a cameo. Drake has money in the entire H.Wood group, which has dirty money themselves.
Star 67 is ELITE. Top ten Drake record ever at least.

“Checks over stripes” lowkey a triple entendre:

- Nike over Adidas
- Getting checks ($$$) over respect (earning stripes)
- People getting checked over their stripes (how real they are etc.)

"one thing bout music when it hit you feel no pain".........
Can't believe i didn't peep this but that's yet another opening line that Aubrey "borrowed":rolleyes
Wonder how many more there are. I'm a fan of dude but I'm not a fan of using people's bars like that with no callout. He did it right when he used the juvie flow (i been wildin since a juvie).
What are you talking about :lol: It's not exactly some obscure reference, Hip Hop is a pretty well known song. It's been in movies, even was the theme for Chappelle show.

Does Jay announce every obvious Biggie reference? Actually he recently on "What's Free" Jay borrowed Biz Markee's bars/flow with the "check out the bizarre, rapping style used by me" and it was a dope reference. Most of your favorite songs have a flow or reference to a past hit, you just aren't familiar with older rap.

What are you talking about :lol: It's not exactly some obscure reference, Hip Hop is a pretty well known song. It's been in movies, even was the theme for Chappelle show.

Does Jay announce every obvious Biggie reference? Actually he recently on "What's Free" Jay borrowed Biz Markee's bars/flow with the "check out the bizarre, rapping style used by me" and it was a dope reference. Most of your favorite songs have a flow or reference to a past hit, you just aren't familiar with older rap.
Jay is in the same category when it comes to that. If you use someones line, shout them in a punchline or adlib, that's just my principles though. I don't care if it's "commonly known". Give him the credit.

Jay is in the same category when it comes to that. If you use someones line, shout them in a punchline or adlib, that's just my principles though. I don't care if it's "commonly known". Give him the credit.
This is a staple in hip-hop. I can find examples for days from any rapper. You either know the music or you don't, just quoting the lyric is already homage in itself.

Imagine if J.Cole had to mention 50 cent as an ad-lib when he says "Damn homie, in high school you were the man homie" in Friday Night Lights :lol:

F92AFCF2-E1E8-4C87-B9B3-30A99B387194.jpeg

Future dropping snippets?

Back
Top Bottom