🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

What are you talking about :lol: It's not exactly some obscure reference, Hip Hop is a pretty well known song. It's been in movies, even was the theme for Chappelle show.

Does Jay announce every obvious Biggie reference? Actually he recently on "What's Free" Jay borrowed Biz Markee's bars/flow with the "check out the bizarre, rapping style used by me" and it was a dope reference. Most of your favorite songs have a flow or reference to a past hit, you just aren't familiar with older rap.
Thats cuz Jay a biter.

1A7B7A7E-8B89-4B52-8E8B-1102CAE72797.png

Top 10 drake easily

Lol why would he do that. Why do it now. Why bite the hand that feeds. That's wild.

After looking at the lyrics of sicko mode, there were a lot of terms and lines that i didn't get at first.
Hit the fbo with duffels in my hand
Wet like I'm book (Devin Booker) wet like I'm Lizzy (Cambridge)
To name a few

I get them after i read the meaning, but it's it just me or is there not enough context to get it from the jump? Maybe I'm just washed now ?

Regarding that post about his dad, i always thought it was kinda foul for him to put his dad out there like that. True or not, some dirty laundry need not be aired.

I watch the WNBA so I got wet like I'm Lizzy. I didn't know what FBO was I had to Google it. Just like when referenced the Mercedes Pullman

Regarding that post about his dad, i always thought it was kinda foul for him to put his dad out there like that. True or not, some dirty laundry need not be aired.
As my dad wasn’t there for me
I could care less
About how my dad feels
About me telling folks he was never there
Specially if I’m making millions doing it
Plus to me never seemed like he was dissing
A lot of rappers talk about how parents aren’t there for them
I think and just from the music
His dad wasn’t there
He tried
And would be in and out for long/short periods of his life
Due to distance as well as I know how baby mom and baby daddy issues be