❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you drinking bruv?
coronas my lad, good game though.
ya the game was cool really.

A tale of two halves really. In the first half Arsenal did well with limiting Barcas 's counters and maintained control of the match well, especially with the chances Arsenal had. Unlucky not to capitalize.

That second half Barca came out like a sleeping dragon and they kinda just flipped a switch and it was over.

Nah from what I saw starting in the second half, we were having them scrambling at the back, Barca was definitely about to break at one point. I thought a goal from us was inevitable. Then one clearance led to a MSN counter, and all of a sudden, we're down 1-0. We had did everything right up until that point defensively, kept MSN relatively quiet, and they beat us on a counterattack, something we were supposed to do to them. That was heartbreaking, and we never recovered after that.

The arrival of Lucho unleashed the counter attack at Barca. From what I recall the counter wasn't (as) lethal under Pep or his successors. With that said this Barca team isn't running on all cylinders and somehow still grinds out results.

Anyone know where to find the Nike post match hoodie?
View media item 1924458

Last edited:
I'm still lowkey pissed dude bashed CR7 during today's Barca match outta nowhere :lol: it's funny the media still going with that he's a selfish player tag but Messi is this greatest teammate ever dude. Foh

Last edited:
I'm still lowkey pissed dude bashed CR7 during today's Barca match outta nowhere :lol: it's funny the media still going with that he's a selfish player tag but Messi is this greatest teammate ever dude. Foh

Commentators on my side were going on and on and on and on about that for a while :smh:

lol i think it has a nice ring to it. At the end of the day, we had our chances that should of been buried, you can only waste so many against the monstars. Flamini, i mean FFS, i love the dude but he deserves the dog house after today, i would of much rather seen chambers come on but thats with hindsight. Was fun at least while it was a stalemate. Have to go back and watch that juve bayern match, indeed unfortunate that they both matched up so early in the tournament, would love to see juve make another run.

Last edited:
lol i think it has a nice ring to it. At the end of the day, we had our chances that should of been buried, you can only waste so many against the monstars. Flamini, i mean FFS, i love the dude but he deserves the dog house after today, i would of much rather seen chambers come on but thats with hindsight. Was fun at least while it was a stalemate. Have to go back and watch that juve bayern match, indeed unfortunate that they both matched up so early in the tournament, would love to see juve make another run.

I think he's getting a lot of the blame for that pen, but really it is not his fault at all. Per completely left him out to dry trying to control the ball in the box. Standard procedure for defending in that situation is to just boot it out. Too many unknown variables around you that you may or may not see. Just get it out! He left Flamini exposed with one of the last players in the world you want lurking around.

Some chances were definitely there, and I think a strong counter attacking team that can defend well and press will give Barca trouble. Yes that trident is fiyah, but there's some vulnerabilities in the back there, and Arsenal showed some of them last night.

eiddyfouw eiddyfouw

You're right that its not all Flam's fault, Per as you mentioned should of just booted it but after that mistake, flamini seeing messi come onto the ball and how quickly he can change direction, to lunge and swipe at the ball like that without being sure your going to get to the ball first before messi is, its just another huge mistake made right after the huge mistake per made that didnt help at all either; if flamini just stood his ground, charged as he did but just not go immediately into the lunge then maybe both him and per would of had another chance to make up for it and smother an attempt to goal or a pass. Neymar was covered by bellerin, Suares covered by Koscielny, ramsey was right behind and monreal was in the box as well, and if flamini hadnt charged in like that i think someone would of closed down and killed the play but thats of course again with hindsight as in the moment created was just panic from everyone.

Last edited:
This is good, now Arsenal just has to focus and put all their time into winning the EPL, the main objective is still that.

They played with effort tho yesterday, salute. But it's time to move on.

Yeah no such thing as a moral victory for Arsenal...we played them tough...two away goals....

MSN played mediocre at best and they got the job done. Thats what the great teams do. When they aren't on they some how still get results. And it is an ode to their greatness most teams when they aren't on settle for a draw...this team plays mediocre and beats a top tier club 2-0 away.

Dani Alvez really impressed me yesterday. Defending and going forward. Dude has some sort of stamina...pause. I thought Arsenal had some chances but Suarez should have finished that ball he hit off the post. You can argue Neymar should have done better with the header and when he was in one on one with Cech. But both were good saves.

Here is to hoping City show up in the CL

Originally supposed to return first weekend of February, but suffered a calf setback in training. Bale's all but ruled out for the Madrid derby. Zizou not going to rush him byke.
Thanks Champ 

frown.gif
 Bale

Hopefully he can fully recover because he was in good form before the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom