⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Jokic. Would have been a photo finish had Embiid not get hurt but he did and Jokic hasn't missed a single game.

If Solomon Hill bum *** wouldn't have Goldberg speared himself into Bron's lower leg we wouldn't even have to have this ridiculous conversation right now. :smh:

MVP moment.
I just threw $50 on Chris Paul to win MVP cause why not.

Wait till they interview LeBron and ask him who should win MVP or he posts an IG story... this whole thing is gonna go left. TNT is already talking about Jokic is in first place for MVP only because he's played in all the games...
I think CP3 should not only get a nod for MVP, but actually get MVP.
CP3 deserves to be in the conversation.

What I thought was a classic HIM HIM troll job has not only taken over the thread but they just a whole segment on First Take about CP3 winning MVP. I can’t believe this is a thing. Top 5 finish for sure but winning?

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 9.27.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 9.28.59 AM.png

amitt5504 amitt5504
As EYE said, I have no problem with Jokic winning, I’m still giving it to MY guy

also, I need a better breakdown for when Jokic is switches onto guards. I actually do wanna see something

It still is his award to lose. He's had the better year, even if he's missed 18 games. Denver is going to slip without Murray.
Denver is 9-4 this season in games Murray has missed including being 6-1 since he tore his ACL. They're about to go through a tougher 5 game stretch of opponents in early May (Clippers, Lakers, Knicks, Jazz, & Nets) but I think they'll close out the season strong and stick in the 4th/5th spot in the West.

Joel has missed 19 games and I'd be surprised if that number doesn't creep up closer to 25 before the season ends, especially with a softer schedule

Oh my lord now Jokic is the defensive player Embiid is as well :lol: word??

Also i'm not even a CP3 fan but i don't know how much more valuable you can prove to be then taking the Suns & legitimately having them a 1-3 seed the entire season. It's not like their was some dramatic roster shakeup

If you have a problem with Jokic as MVP, then you might be bringing things into the analysis other than just on-court performance and importance to his team this season. IMO it’s very hard to make an objective case that he’s not deserving of the award.

What I thought was a classic HIM HIM troll job has not only taken over the thread but they just a whole segment on First Take about CP3 winning MVP. I can’t believe this is a thing. Top 5 finish for sure but winning?
I also have money on Jokic these odds are just too crazy for me not to try it.

I just showed you statistical evidence. Just showed you FG% by play type. What’s your argument that there’s a significant lead in favor of embiid?

Your eyes?

You got it my G, Jokic on top of being the best offensive big man in history is now an elite level DPOY kind of defender as well HEARD YOU

Who said he was a DPOY candidate? No one. You don’t have an argument so you made one up. It’s ok to be wrong. It really is.

You are telling me that Jokic is equal to Embiid defensively..... Embiid is perennially considered one of the best defenders in the league & is consistently in DPOY discussion. You know damn well Jokic is not that on defense but go head :lol:

Man the playoffs are gonna be fun

*Also FTR there is no right or wrong on basketball opinions, i know there's a lot of self proclaimed basketball savants in this thread but the way some of ya'll be talkin, you would think some of ya'll were Phil Jackson in the flesh

Last edited:
You are telling me that Jokic is equal to Embiid defensively..... Embiid is perennially considered one of the best defenders in the league & is consistently in DPOY discussion. You know damn well Jokic is not that on defense but go head :lol:

Man the playoffs are gonna be fun

Embiid ain’t ever been in the DPOY race. He’s a good defender. You can’t find 5 posts about me slandering Embiid. He isn’t one of the top defensive bigs in the league though.

this is about in 2021, by visual evidence and statistics, Embiid and joker are having basically the same year defensively.

and both dudes going to get targeted in pick and roll in the playoffs. Cause they ain’t AD, Giannis or Bam.

weirdest MVP race i ever remember

Steph getting a serious MVP push while hovering around a tenth seed, Prior to Injury people tried to make the James campaign a thing, Jokic has played phenomenal but even before Murray's injury this Nuggets squad was still pretty middle of the pack the majority of the season. Giannis has a chance to get the #1 seed again while putting up nearly identical numbers and not a soul has mentioned him.

This is the most unique race i've seen in awhile :lol:

Also how are we scoring this MVP & championship this year? is there an asterisk over these or does that criteria change based on who wins ??

I mean we've had no fans/20 percent capacity, No offseason, players/coaches missing large amounts of games due to covid protocols, No practice time, condensed schedules calling for more healthy scratches etc etc

It's really not that weird of an MVP race, there's been a clear-cut leader since Embiid got hurt. Jokic is the clear leader for MVP and I don't really know who else is close. Jokic is putting up ridiculous numbers and he's played every game this season. The thing I find weird is that the media is manufacturing reasons not to vote for Jokic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom