⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really not that weird of an MVP race, there's been a clear-cut leader since Embiid got hurt. Jokic is the clear leader for MVP and I don't really know who else is close. Jokic is putting up ridiculous numbers and he's played every game this season. The thing I find weird is that the media is manufacturing reasons not to vote for Jokic.

Homie has to REALLY earn it :lol:

Not everyone can have D. Rose or Curry MVP years

I would love for the Bucks to somehow finish atop the East so Giannis can get that MV3P.

Embiid ain’t ever been in the DPOY race. He’s a good defender. You can’t find 5 posts about me slandering Embiid. He isn’t one of the top defensive bigs in the league though.

this is about in 2021, by visual evidence and statistics, Embiid and joker are having basically the same year defensively.

and both dudes going to get targeted in pick and roll in the playoffs. Cause they ain’t AD, Giannis or Bam.
Ehhhhhhhhh

imagine having to constantly run and screens and PnR to get off of Thigh bull

You don’t have an argument so you made one up.

1619536240678.png

How do you guys think the top three seeds in the West shake out?

Utah
Phoenix 1 GB
LA Clippers 2 GB

I think there's a legit shot that Phoenix and/or the Clippers pass Utah, especially with Mitchell out for at least the next couple of weeks.

Think it'll probably stay just as is. Suns do have the Clippers and Jazz as their next 2 games so any chance to get to #1 they need to win both.

It's really not that weird of an MVP race, there's been a clear-cut leader since Embiid got hurt. Jokic is the clear leader for MVP and I don't really know who else is close. Jokic is putting up ridiculous numbers and he's played every game this season. The thing I find weird is that the media is manufacturing reasons not to vote for Jokic.

If there’s anything kind of anomalous about this season it’s the Nuggets having a .670 winning percentage and being only 5th in the West. A lot of other seasons that would be good enough for at least 2. Not Joker’s fault that the West is loaded with really good teams.

Only thing i can knock Jokic on is that the nuggets were in the wcf in the mickey mouse cup. Meaning they were top two in their conference . This year they are 4th

Only thing i can knock Jokic on is that the nuggets were in the wcf in the mickey mouse cup. Meaning they were top two in their conference . This year they are 4th
They were the 3 seed last year. Knocking Jokic, who has been much better than last year, for Phoenix and Utah improving their teams and remaining mostly healthy throughout this season doesn't seem to make too much sense.

This is a weird year for the MVP race due to all the injuries. Both of 'em been great this year, I would probably give it to Embiid because he is the better player and the 6ers been have been 1 or 2 in the conference all year while the Nuggets been underperforming.

Jokic got a great case and Embiid has played in 20 less games but still, Embiid is the better player and he has his team in the 2 seed, was the #1 til a super duper team was formed. The Nuggets was looking average as **** for a lot of this year.

Jokic ain't close to the defensive presence Embiid is. I've seen him improve but that's just a silly argument. :lol:

They were the 3 seed last year. Knocking Jokic, who has been much better than last year, for Phoenix and Utah improving their teams and remaining mostly healthy throughout this season doesn't seem to make too much sense.
Well shouldnt they be better than last year? How many times has the MVP gone to a player who went down a seed.

What's the talent gap between the Jazz and Nuggets?

Well shouldnt they be better than last year? How many times has the MVP gone to a player who went down a seed.
So even though he has seen a 4% uptick in FG%, 10% uptick in 3P%, 4% uptick in FT%, 2 more RPG, 2 more APG, 6 more PPG, and an improvement in basically every advanced stat from last year, he should be penalized because his TEAM is 2 games behind the seed they got last year? We aren't going to take into account them losing Grant and Plumlee for nothing?

Make it make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom