⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within 6 feet of the rim

Embiid is allowing opponents 54.6%

Jokic is allowing opponents 63.2%

EYE don’t see this anywhere but I’m not disputing it. We know Embiid is the better shot blocker. Overall defense and opponents field goal percentage leads to a close race in that aspect. Not enough to say someone is head and shoulders above the other

Similar story to Nash, driving a fringe playoff team to the best record in the league. Sounds pretty valuable to me. None of those other guys on the team have a track record of playing past April so it’s hard to argue he should be splitting any votes.
This is how I feel about it. I'd still vote Jokic but CP3 might finish second

The young guys have improved, Crowder has been a good addition, they’ve been healthier than basically every team in the league, and CP is flat out much better offensively than Rubio. That shouldn’t make him the MVP though.
Oubre no longer being on the team should always be included when it comes to talking about the Suns improving

It's really not that weird of an MVP race, there's been a clear-cut leader since Embiid got hurt. Jokic is the clear leader for MVP and I don't really know who else is close. Jokic is putting up ridiculous numbers and he's played every game this season. The thing I find weird is that the media is manufacturing reasons not to vote for Jokic.
I would have to look at dates but if I recall correctly, after Embiid went down there was a lot of talk about Harden as MVP when he was keeping BKN afloat without Myrie and KD then he had the hammy injury.

People are really trying not to give it to Jokic and I don't get it.

The young guys have improved, Crowder has been a good addition, they’ve been healthier than basically every team in the league, and CP is flat out much better offensively than Rubio. That shouldn’t make him the MVP though.

Easy to say all this after the fact. We don’t know where PHX would be without CP3 but history points to them being a lottery team.

Easy to say all this after the fact. We don’t know where PHX would be without CP3 but history points to them being a lottery team.
I love CP, but TO ME, this is more of an issue of actually having someone else on the team that can create off the dribble other than Book. Chris Paul being better at that than Rubio doesn't mean he should be MVP. Think you could put several other players in that spot and PHX would be really good.

Yeah, that's why stats don't always tell the full story. As far as Embiid and Jokic that stat makes sense. Embiid is a way better rim protector.
It also tells a different story, how often are guys even “attacking” the rim? A lot of times guys (except the Big Purr) stop short to shoot floaters over Embiid

Easy to say this after the fact. Let's not forget they traded for CP3. We don't know where they would be if they got another competent PG instead of CP3 but their bubble performance points to a similar record.

Would the Suns be worse off if they traded for a healthy SGA instead of CP? I don't particularly think so.

I want him to get it because I want to hear the takes about how "he owes his MVP to Ben Simmons.....It wouldn't have been possible without Ben"
Woah woah woah slow down there big fella

yes it’s not possible without Ben because imagine how hard it is carrying a 6’10 Aussie on your back

I would have to look at dates but if I recall correctly, after Embiid went down there was a lot of talk about Harden as MVP when he was keeping BKN afloat without Myrie and KD then he had the hammy injury.

People are really trying not to give it to Jokic and I don't get it.
I think it’s because Jokic probably feels like the “by default” choice to a lot of people with all the injuries this year :lol:

I think it’s because Jokic probably feels like the “by default” choice to a lot of people with all the injuries this year :lol:

This is my biggest issue with him winning the award. How do you win an MVP that way? :lol:

Winning an MVP is a pretty big deal. You're practically LOCKED for the HOF if you win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom