⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my biggest issue with him winning the award. How do you win an MVP that way? :lol:

Winning an MVP is a pretty big deal. You're practically LOCKED for the HOF if you win one.
He's averaging 27/11/9 on 57/41/86 shooting on a top 4 team in the West. Top 10 in PPG/RPG/APG. Plays 35 minutes a night. Hasn't missed a single game in a year where everyone is missing time. That's an incredible season.

Folks just don't want to give it to a big fat white guy.

I think it’s because Jokic probably feels like the “by default” choice to a lot of people with all the injuries this year :lol:
That's fair but you know what they say "The best ability is availability". The injuries and illnesses have been unfortunate but I hope the media keeps that in mind when voting for MVP and especially for All-NBA teams.

Do any players have contracts/extensions that could be affected by individual awards or All-NBA selections this year? I'll never for got this :rolleyes

That's fair but you know what they say "The best ability is availability". The injuries and illnesses have been unfortunate but I hope the media keeps that in mind when voting for MVP and especially for All-NBA teams.

Do any players have contracts/extensions that could be affected by individual awards or All-NBA selections this year? I'll never for got this :rolleyes

Bradley Beal again I believe

Jokic is a center averaging 26/11/8 on near 50/40/90 splits...on a team that’s in the top half of his conference with injuries, trades and a simple Jack coach.

He just don’t look the part to y’all :lol:. And that’s what it really is. He BEEN doing this. It’s well deserved and he’d be in the running in any other year. The injuries to other guys of course plays a factor. But to act like he not deserving of MVP, or it “by default” ain’t it.

Nothing default about Jokic’s production. He’s top 10 in scoring rebounds and assists.
I wasn’t saying I felt that way... He is definitely worthy.
It’s just easy to see how the masses would, seeing that even with his production.... he didn’t become the front runner until Bron, Embiid, and Harden all got hurt.

He's averaging 27/11/9 on 57/41/86 shooting on a top 4 team in the West. Top 10 in PPG/RPG/APG. Plays 35 minutes a night. Hasn't missed a single game in a year where everyone is missing time. That's an incredible season.

2nd round pick too. It's his award

It’s just easy to see how the masses would, seeing that even with his production.... he didn’t become the front runner until Bron, Embiid, and Harden all got hurt.

they play in large markets next to all stars (some don’t deserve to be all stars in Philly but that’s another topic) Jokic doesn’t.

My only thing with jokic is defense. If there are other guys having a bigger impact on that end while providing similar impact on offense its hard for me to give him clear cut nod over them. Embiid, when healthy and giannis, if their record improves, both fit that criteria.

Simple jack coach :lol:

Remember ppl saying Jokic doesn’t have enough stamina. Or can’t “play deep in the playoffs”.

And this was in like 2019. After THIS :lol:

Pretty much. Like I said he got a great case. Him and Embiid are the top 2 but nobody was calling him the MVP when Denver was struggling, Bron had the Lakers as the 1 seed, Embiid was the 1 seed, Harden was lighting it up. Like it or not some people will look at that as by default.

Denver still only the 4th seed with that roster. Both AD and Bron went down, they would be the 5th seed if Bron stayed healthy.

Remember ppl saying Jokic doesn’t have enough stamina. Or can’t “play deep in the playoffs”.

And this was in like 2019. After THIS :lol:

FITNESS GURU

C0AD58F9-FD18-4EB0-BC4A-120EEB704509.png

I’m joking dude. Crack a smile. You don’t have to be on 100 everything Simmons related. You skipped that Jokic defense argument doe. :nerd:

ohh now its you joking cmon man you aint doe

every chance you get to bash simmons you try to throw a low blow in and ima catch every one

its opinion vs opinion the argument aint gonna go anywhere but back and forth on that topic

i think embiid is a better defender at end of the day, you say jokic is..who really wins? id say both of us cause we get to watch this on the daily basis coming from 2 Centers in a league thats ran buy guards atm

My only thing with jokic is defense. If there are other guys having a bigger impact on that end while providing similar impact on offense its hard for me to give him clear cut nod over them. Embiid, when healthy and giannis, if their record improves, both fit that criteria.

Simple jack coach :lol:
Jokic defense has been fine though. Better than average. And he orchestrates their entire offense. Embiid doesn't do that. Giannis is closer than Embiid but still not at the level of Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom