⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Zion is crazy. Definitely different than anyone I’ve seen in all my years as an NBA fan. Just feasts if he gets even a little downhill momentum.

It’s gonna be a sad day when people turn on Zion. I think it’ll start next year.
What would cause the turn? Pels being trash again? I think any reasonable fan would recognize that’s on David Griffin and not Zion, his style of play or defensive deficiencies. I’m trying to think of other Year 3 stars that got slandered.

Edit: Kyrie is a good example. Cleveland only won 33 games in his third season then Bron came. I don’t recall him getting slandered aside from health.

What would cause the turn? Pels being trash again? I think any reasonable fan would recognize that’s on David Griffin and not Zion, his style of play or defensive deficiencies. I’m trying to think of other Year 3 stars that got slandered.

Edit: Kyrie is a good example. Cleveland only won 33 games in his third season then Bron came. I don’t recall him getting slandered aside from health.

Quite the opposite. I expect them to be a playoff teamnext year and Zion to get some MVP consideration. That’ll cause people to talk **** about his game at any given chance. It’s a story as old as time.

Quite the opposite. I expect them to be a playoff teamnext year and Zion to get some MVP consideration. That’ll cause people to talk **** about his game at any given chance. It’s a story as old as time.

It was year 3 when people started to turn on Blake, IIRC.

I think it'll start with his defense being critiqued then it'll turn into some floor spacing discussion if I had to guess. Kid is special though

They took a large man and gave him a point guard's first step. Cheat code 😂😂

In addition, while other “undersized” bigs who don’t have long arms have traditionally struggled to adjust to the length in the NBA, it doesn’t seem to be an issue for Zion due to his combo of girth/bounce/touch around the rim. Defenders just bounce off him, so he almost always gets off a quality attempt.

Zion'sdefense being critiqued right now.

Part of that is cuz he is slow to learn the defensive side of the NBA game as a young player.

The other part is I think he's playing out of position on defense.

His rim protection has been terrible in the NBA and I don't think it has much potential to improve (yea I'm aware of his shot blocking highlights on the college level)

While he can play positions 1-5 on offense, it's probably better to find a starting caliber 4 so he can guard the 3 on defense. And if they choose to keep BI and Zion together, I think BI can play the 2 if zion plays the 3?

Zion'sdefense being critiqued right now.

Part of that is cuz he is slow to learn the defensive side of the NBA game as a young player.

The other part is I think he's playing out of position on defense.

His rim protection has been terrible in the NBA and I don't think it has much potential to improve (yea I'm aware of his shot blocking highlights on the college level)

While he can play positions 1-5 on offense, it's probably better to find a starting caliber 4 so he can guard the 3 on defense. And if they choose to keep BI and Zion together, I think BI can play the 2 if zion plays the 3?

Zion cannot guard 3s nor should he be playing the position on offense

You guys realize LeBron has been doing this for almost 20 years, right? Not quite as large as Zion but he's still 6'8", 260.

Not the same because of the different dimensions between them. Zion is appreciably shorter than Bron. And they score in different ways.

Not saying Zion is better. Just different and one-of-a-kind.

The crazy thing is Zion has a co-star who chips in 24 on 59% TS on a nightly basis and they STILL under .500 :lol:

idk if it's the coach or that they are young but they have made losing an art-form this year

The crazy thing is Zion has a co-star who chips in 24 on 59% TS on a nightly basis and they STILL under .500 :lol:

idk if it's the coach or that they are young but they have made losing an art-form this year
Chris Paul will take them to the 1 seed in 2023 or maybe even next year 👀

Zion can't play 1-5, but he can be great at whatever the hell he plays now. His rebounding will get better, not that it's terrible now. Dude's a walking bucket. If that ft percentage improves, put him down for 30+ for a while barring injury.

Doesn't matter how much you score if you can't defend at all. They have a team pull of braindead defenders.

Screenshot_20210427-192529_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom