⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I come in peace; how do you measure one's "greatness?" on your personal scale. Or do you just see a bunch of people on equal plains if the talent/production matches up?
Individual talent
Dominance per their era
Realistic expectations when it comes to team success. (Example, it is DUMB for me to fault Iverson for not winning a ring)

I don't buy/believe in the heavy focus on rings like the media has trained most fans to do. It is a team sport. No matter how great an individual talent is, they will play against other great individual talents. The better TEAM usually wins.

The more I watch booker the more I realize he's a lot like Kat. Puts up numbers but is ghost when it matters or when the other team goes on a run. Had like 20 points in the first against the Lakers the other night and 7 in the second half

QU!K QU!K

Was it Devin Booker's fault the Suns didn't make the playoffs last year? Or was that different?
Booker doesn’t have the reputation or praise that Steph got so he not gonna catch that level of slander.

If people were calling him a “generational talent” 2nd greatest point guard of all time, greatest shooter of all-time, only unanimous MVP, B2B MVP, you best believe he would be catching the slander.

Booker doesn’t have the reputation or praise that Steph got so he not gonna catch that level of slander.

If people were calling him a “generational talent” 2nd greatest point guard of all time, greatest shooter of all-time, only unanimous MVP, B2B MVP, you best believe he would be catching the slander.

No. No.

If the argument is, "The Best Player elevates his team" are we blaming Book for the Suns not making the playoffs?

No, I am arguing team success PERIOD.

That includes NOT making the playoffs.
That includes being sniped in the first round.

If you can comprehend how STUPID it is when people blame KOBE for, "Losing in the first round"

You HAVE to comprehend how STUPID it is for people to blame Steph if GSW doesn't make the playoffs.

Again, be consistent.

Well team success is relative. You can't compare making playoffs to losing in the 1st to a 1 or 2 seed that's a far better team. If son can't get them to the playoffs he ain't what a lot of people been saying.

We are being consistent. Other superstars have asked to carry the world and when they don't they get criticized for it. Steph fans want it both ways. All-time great love but not the criticism that comes with it. Harden fans act the same way too.

Well team success is relative. You can't compare making playoffs to losing in the 1st to a 1 or 2 seed that's a far better team. If son can't get them to playoffs he ain't what a lot been saying.

We are being consistent. Other superstars have asked to carry the world and when they don't they get criticized for it. Steph fans want it both ways. All-time great love but not the criticism that comes with it. Harden fans act the same way too.

So instead of admitting the practice is STUPID (Blaming the most productive player on a team for the team's lack of success), you chose to pile on and continue the stupid practice of blaming said players?

Makes sense.

That's two and-ones the refs took away from Schroder that they used to give players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom