🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

As was already posted - Select Footlocker locations stocked the ATSC 'Med Ball.'
And it was paired with the LeBron like this release.

That leads me to believe these might be limited like the ATSC.
I haven't seen the box yet for these so I don't know if it's a QS or not...

I saw the box. Don’t remember what it said however.

Collar I agree on but the 2014 back of the shoe’s shape is way off. The og was more of a straight back.

433450ED-A5C0-48B8-8490-0DD60659AA87.jpeg
FF6F2F1C-AD41-4929-97A7-7CAEE3161389.jpeg

BBB43D19-DD44-4DF6-9CF8-2D12D179781A.jpeg

Yea but even the 08 has a bit of a bump and measurements are all off on the 08’s. Also the toe box on the 08 I find to be worse than my 2014 pair. Overall Though if the 2014 had the brighter color it would have been indisputably the better release, materials were more on point to the original release. I love both but the swoosh on the 08 doesn’t even match the lava print, materials on the collar and tongue are different and the heel of the OG in comparison to the retro is drastically different. You can see it easily right here

9FCD32EB-DF66-4B24-8291-4AD52B165391.png

Yea but even the 08 has a bit of a bump and measurements are all off on the 08’s. Also the toe box on the 08 I find to be worse than my 2014 pair. Overall Though if the 2014 had the brighter color it would have been indisputably the better release, materials were more on point to the original release. I love both but the swoosh on the 08 doesn’t even match the lava print, materials on the collar and tongue are different and the heel of the OG in comparison to the retro is drastically different. You can see it easily right here

9FCD32EB-DF66-4B24-8291-4AD52B165391.png

The 08 definitely had more of a straight back where the 14 had that awful bulge. I have a ds pair of the 08’s. The swoosh color on the 08 is obviously closer to the og and yes it does no match the lava print but it is also dull which was more like the og. I mentioned that the toe box was too high on the 08 and that’s the only thing that I prefer on the 14 pair. The 14 had that shiny print on the lava. You can pick apart all these differences but if you put the og, 08, and 14 side by side, to me the 08 is the closest to the og with the exception of the collar. None of the materials are the same but you can even see the pics I posted of the og’s that the tongue didn’t have that shiny material similar to the 08. The tongue on the 14’s has a shiny material to it.

3FF75256-9904-40C1-8979-44AC5B72EDFF.jpeg

14 pair on the left and 08 on the right.

Last edited:
The 08 definitely had a straight back where the 14 had that awful bulge. I have a ds pair of the 08’s. The swoosh color on the 08 is obviously closer to the og and yes it does no match the lava print but it is also dull which was more like the og. I mentioned that the toe box was too high on the 08 and that’s the only thing that I prefer on the 14 pair. The 14 had that shiny print on the lava. You can pick apart all these differences but if you put the og, 08, and 14 side by side, to me the 08 is by far the closest to the og. None of the materials are the same but you can even see the pics I posted of the og’s that the tongue didn’t have that shiny material similar to the 08. The tongue on the 14’s has a shiny material to it.

Gonna have to agree to disagree then.

I was initially against the 2014 retro when it dropped but overall the 2014 for me is more of a pleasure to wear. I was wearing an OG pair for 3-4 years before the 08 retro and as much as I love the 08 retro it’s just inferior from a wearability standpoint for me. If the 2014 retro had the same bright color I would have long since retired my 08’s but being that the Tech II is my all time favorite shoe and the 14 doesn’t have that bright color I kept both. As far as the 2019 retro is concerned I’m happy to see them back but I’ll be sitting this one out, it’s not a terrible drop but the grey eyelets alone are enough for me to sit out let a lone the fact that they still haven’t brought back the brighter and higher lava print.

Gonna have to agree to disagree then.

I was initially against the 2014 retro when it dropped but overall the 2014 for me is more of a pleasure to wear. I was wearing an OG pair for 3-4 years before the 08 retro and as much as I love the 08 retro it’s just inferior from a wearability standpoint for me. If the 2014 retro had the same bright color I would have long since retired my 08’s but being that the Tech II is my all time favorite shoe and the 14 doesn’t have that bright color I kept both. As far as the 2019 retro is concerned I’m happy to see them back but I’ll be sitting this one out, it’s not a terrible drop but the grey eyelets alone are enough for me to sit out let a lone the fact that they still haven’t brought back the brighter and higher lava print.

As far as comfort goes yes I agree the 2014 is more comfortable. The 2019 looks far from an og especially with the grey eyelets and perforations but if the swoosh matches the lava print I’ll be happy with it. Either way I have to support an Agassi shoe they release.

Last edited:
As far as comfort goes yes I agree the 2014 is more comfortable. The 2019 looks far from an og especially with the grey eyelets and perforations but if the on the swoosh matches the print I’ll be happy with it. Either way I have to support an Agassi shoe they release.

I just took out my 14 and my 08’s and the funny thing is on my pairs the 08 has more of that heel bump than the 14’s

image.jpg

My 2014 bumps were atrocious. Looked like they had a Brazilian butt lift. Kind of why I moved them on.

I must have been lucky, indeed I’ve seen that bump on the 14’s but for me it’s been opposite, then again with Nike’s quality control I’m not surprised

Hilarious how here people hate the heel bump, while on jordan 4s it's highly derirable. Same period of time and Nike was inconsistent between models of their shoes.

Can't believe so many pages lately discussing on ATC2 hot lava OGs, 2008 and 2014 materials, quality, shade... no post mentioning leather? 08's were thin cardboard polyurethane "leather", drawing crease marks especially on the toebox area, but remaining immaculate white even 10 years after. Unlike front eyelets that turns yellow.
Like other 2013 and 14 GRs, 2014 lavas had a bit thicker yet more flexible PU, but didn't feel good onfeet to me. Along "Rotten tomato" lava, biggest crap is white "PU leather" parts tanning yellow/vanilla over time. Some blamed the box/paper storage for it, but some also reported store display shelf shoes that literally tanned brown. If yours did not, they may not have seen the sun/been exposed to UVs enough. Crap. Even more shocking along white tongue/eyelets/sole. First doubled up, then sold them deception.
Last years I've been hunting for suede and real leather sneakers and there are not much AT1, AT SC, SC2 "OG QS" or premiums. With leather, expect flexibility, breathability, peerless comfort, stable color.
And here comes the 2016 ATC2 hot lava release, that got leather like pinstripes, making them unchallenged winners to me. Lava was a bit more orange but still 90's bright, if grey eyelets are a big problem have them painted, first thought they would disturb me but don't care because of the overall quality.
Spoiled with 2016s, what I only expect from this 2019 new release and we don't know yet is a real leather upper, or pass, not willing to spend $100s+ on plastic shoes again.

Can't believe so many pages lately discussing on ATC2 hot lava OGs, 2008 and 2014 materials, quality, shade... no post mentioning leather? 08's were thin cardboard polyurethane "leather", drawing crease marks especially on the toebox area, but remaining immaculate white even 10 years after. Unlike front eyelets that turns yellow.
Like other 2013 and 14 GRs, 2014 lavas had a bit thicker yet more flexible PU, but didn't feel good onfeet to me. Along "Rotten tomato" lava, biggest crap is white "PU leather" parts tanning yellow/vanilla over time. Some blamed the box/paper storage for it, but some also reported store display shelf shoes that literally tanned brown. If yours did not, they may not have seen the sun/been exposed to UVs enough. Crap. Even more shocking along white tongue/eyelets/sole. First doubled up, then sold them deception.
Last years I've been hunting for suede and real leather sneakers and there are not much AT1, AT SC, SC2 "OG QS" or premiums. With leather, expect flexibility, breathability, peerless comfort, stable color.
And here comes the 2016 ATC2 hot lava release, that got leather like pinstripes, making them unchallenged winners to me. Lava was a bit more orange but still 90's bright, if grey eyelets are a big problem have them painted, first thought they would disturb me but don't care because of the overall quality.
Spoiled with 2016s, what I only expect from this 2019 new release and we don't know yet is a real leather upper, or pass, not willing to spend $100s+ on plastic shoes again.

It was definitely a synthetic plastic feel leather to me. Felt like the 2014 again. I did not see the 2016 in hand so I can't compare. After having the FO and Wimbledon 1 pairs and knowing Nike can give us great materials it was a bit of a turn off for me. I'll buy a pair of the 2019 however just so I can try it again.

Back
Top Bottom