🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

9BC3FC80-2858-45C4-956B-8F9FBDF3F4CA.jpeg

Spring is coming...

I know most don't like these, but I'm a big fan of them!

Air Tech Challenge Hybrid - Multicolor.png

Your not alone buddy. Huge fan here. When they dropped back several years ago, I had to go to the closest Finish Line to get them. Over an hour away each direction. Still got this color way and the denim pair DS. Should break them out this summer for the heck of it. And for the life of me, I thought I bought the black cerice colorway, but I can't find them. Maybe I didn't. Can't remember. 🤔

Last edited:
Your not alone buddy. Huge fan here. When they dropped back several years ago, I had to go to the closest Finish Line to get them. Over an hour away wash direction. Still got this color way and the denim pair DS. Should break them out this summer for the heck of it. And for the life of me, I thought I bought the black cerice colorway, but I can't find them. Maybe I didn't. Can't remember. 🤔

I brought the 2008 version, the black cerise, a green glow, and two pairs of the denims because I loved that Dolce put the A logo on the back and the Ace card on the insole.

hybrids were frustrating after the ATC3 retro that had no flaming tennis ball or volt, showed that Nike had the means to make them correctly but chose not to. I do think they have aged well since the recent GP Turbos have a similar mash up design concept.

hybrids were frustrating after the ATC3 retro that had no flaming tennis ball or volt, showed that Nike had the means to make them correctly but chose not to. I do think they have aged well since the recent GP Turbos have a similar mash up design concept.

Yeah, but the GP Turbos for changed at the last minute. The Challenge Court flame ball was so much more prominent in the catalog photos vs the actual release pair. They made the Swoosh larger for marketing purposes and it's a shame. The catalog pair looks 10x better. Still like my pair though.

nike-air-tech-challenge-hybrid-black-1.jpg

I have both of those original Hybrid colorways as well as the denims. They were frustrating because the white/volts were a better color than the 2007 Proton IIIs, but also frustrating because they were not nearly as elegant the IV or the III, or the II. Kind of a mess really, but that white/volt pulled off "mess" way better than the original black one did.

All things come to those who wait though, as they say. 2015 Volt IIIs and loaded up on 2016 IVs... life is good. I really need to just get rid of the hybrids.. the retro II toe box is terrible for me anyway.

-Daver

More fun with vintage purchases / patches / alterations (back patch was from jacket lining; chest patches from the sleeves; big guy from a tee):

CCVrmxfrontopenfar.jpg
CCVrmxfrontclosedfar.jpg

CCVrmxfrontopenclose.jpg CCVrmxfrontclosedclose.jpg CCVrmxback.jpg

So, I am to assume you took the old sleeveless shirt, and cut the entire emblem out as close to the print as possible, then cut it in half and then stitched it to the front of the jacket? That is a great idea! Nice work.

I want to take the large flame ball patch that is inside the reissued archive denim shorts and put that on a black or grey plain 6-panel flexfit hat. Since Nike won't give us a real Challenge Court hat to wear (I bought the ones they released but they are NOT what I wanted. Too low for casual wear), I'd figure to just make my own. 👍

So, I am to assume you took the old sleeveless shirt, and cut the entire emblem out as close to the print as possible, then cut it in half and then stitched it to the front of the jacket? That is a great idea! Nice work.

I want to take the large flame ball patch that is inside the reissued archive denim shorts and put that on a black or grey plain 6-panel flexfit hat. Since Nike won't give us a real Challenge Court hat to wear (I bought the ones they released but they are NOT what I wanted. Too low for casual wear), I'd figure to just make my own. 👍
Appreciate it! Yes, that's precisely the process - though I entrusted the work to hands much more skilled than my own (nice change of pace for my tailor). Good thinking on the hat. Personally seems like kind of a waste that some of the biggest and best patches are hidden away on the insides of the garments.

Appreciate it! Yes, that's precisely the process - though I entrusted the work to hands much more skilled than my own (nice change of pace for my tailor). Good thinking on the hat. Personally seems like kind of a waste that some of the biggest and best patches are hidden away on the insides of the garments.

EXACTLY!! When I got my pair of denim shorts, I was shocked at how large the one emblem patch was and that it would never be seen. Figured it would be the perfect size to make my own Challenge Court hat. Just have to figure out what color to pick? Either black, navy blue. Wouldn't mind a similar color from the IIIs (Radiant Emerald). Not sure if a volt hat would look good. Would want a hat that won't show too much dirt/wear so black may be the choice.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Which one of you guys reached for these?
Screenshot_20210222-202756.png

I saw these last week and was very tempted to send him an offer. $319 plus ship was way too rich for my blood, considering I was going to wear them. Thought about putting in a bid in the low $200s to see if he wanted to part with them, but I ultimately forgot to. Shame as it is my 2nd favorite color of Challenge LWPs behind the black/dark teal pair (which I thankfully still have). God I want a retro so badly!! 😞😞😞

Not my size and definitely not paying that for a shoe that might not be wearable.

Those are still wearable. Midsole isn't the type to crumble. I still wear my black/dark teal pair. That's why all of Agassi's later shoes were great as you can still wear them today.

Those are still wearable. Midsole isn't the type to crumble. I still wear my black/dark teal pair. That's why all of Agassi's later shoes were great as you can still wear them today.

Too hard to tell from those pics but definitely not worth that kind of money for a shoe released in 95. My Flares from 94 crumbled even though they are different materials from the LWP. But I do have some LWP's that are still wearable so I wouldn't be surprised if they are ok but I would rather see if they retro at some point. My Alarms are still holding up.

Every one of my vintage Agassi's are wearable, even my lair of Challenge Huaraches (though I choose not to wear those anymore). Love wearing my zoom Challenge 1, Ablaze and Pounce! And I'll always love the Alarm for the bug puffy tongue!! And that green!! 😲

Back
Top Bottom