🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Im pretty sure this wont be releasing in the US anytime soon :smh: , I hope I'm wrong tho. 

AIR TECH CHALLENGE II PA 

725157-100 
WHITE/GYM BLUE/BRIGHT CRIMSON/WHITE​

Hope you are wrong. Only thing currently being posted that I have any interest in

Didn't know Muster was gonna be he opponent!  I can still remember watching him on TV, hitting forehands on a bench with his leg in a cast... after getting hit by a drunk driver. 

Yea I remember seeing an article on that in tennis magazine about that. Crazy that he got hit by someone.

Here's Andre beating him on his way to winning his first US Open title in 94. Of course Andre defeated him there in 96 too. I was really happy because Muster was whining before the match in 96.

"But there was no denying the strained feelings, at least on Muster's side.

It appears to go back to February, when Muster earned the No. 1 world ranking. Agassi said he admired Muster for working so hard to achieve something so difficult, but he would always add that he doesn't like the point system that would let a guy earn the No. 1 ranking while playing primarily on one surface. In Muster's case, the surface is clay.

After this match, the hard court edge will stay with Agassi, but Muster, the King of Clay, can certainly play.

This was Muster's third trip to the quarterfinals and his hard court record this season is now 13-8. He is 41-3 on clay.

"The animosity is not, has not been between Thomas, Andre and me," said Muster's coach, Ronald Leitgeb "The mood between us changed when Brad Gilbert got involved. Brad Gilbert has never liked Thomas."

Gilbert, Agassi's coach, has never beaten Muster. Maybe that's the trouble. On the other hand, Gilbert believes in creating edges, doing whatever it takes to win. His book "Winning Ugly" was all about that.

"It changed when Gilbert started coaching Andre," Muster said in a news conference earlier this week. "It happens, when you have a guy talking all day to you like a radio. But Andre and I have talked. He apologized. So it's all right."

But it wasn't totally all right last night. Before the match was a set old, Muster was asking the umpire to watch the box of Agassi's friends for illegal coaching and when Muster was broken in the 12th game of the second set, Gilbert was on his feet leading unusually riotous cheers."

Last edited:
Oh man, those were my sticks senior year of high school.  
glasses.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely not a Titanium Liquid Metal whatchamacallit... The Trisys 260's probably as close as there is to it, but it's still a pro-stock with a custom-drilled 20x21 string pattern. Definitely not something you could buy at the store.  Typical paintjob racquet.

String job looks reasonably authentic too.  Back during Agassi's Kevlar days, his 2 outer mains were gut (from the crosses), while the rest of the mains were Kevlar.  You can tell by the different color of the strings. 

I'm not sure what the reason was, but it's been speculated that the gut on 2 outer mains softened up the string-bed on off-center hits.  Another theory was that, with the denser string pattern, the Kevlar wasn't long enough to cover 20 mains and, hence, needed the nat. gut to cover the rest.  Interesting theories. 

16232478123_1591d2e666_o.jpg

But they weren't
smile.gif
He used the Radical Trisys 260 customized for a large part of his career. . My same racquet of choice.
Yeah sorry, I was meaning the standard off the shelf Ti Radical mid-plus, obviously those aren't customized and don't go for $2,000.  
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Man this thread used to soar with the eagles. Now we're lucky if we move faster than a turtle. What gives with the amount of posts - last year it was flying. No one interested in the recent drops?

Man this thread used to soar with the eagles. Now we're lucky if we move faster than a turtle. What gives with the amount of posts - last year it was flying. No one interested in the recent drops?

Nike dropped too many cws of atc2 in a short timeframe.

And has been pretty slow on other models.

Personally I only wear 2 and 3 models. The rest are nice to look at but Id never wear them.

But this has always had been slow and old heads mostly. If they drop a SP shoe it will return to hypebeast mode :lol:

But this has always had been slow and old heads mostly. If they drop a SP shoe it will return to hypebeast mode
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 and you can pretty much tell who they are 

id have flares all ready, but i'm gonna grab a pair for my homie when i grab mine so i need a little discount 

Last edited:
Hopefully Nike have something planned for spring/summer. It seems like a lot of people will be getting the Flares, especially when they go on sale. They see that the ATC II's dropped in price at outlets for $29 for turbo's and online has had good deals. They don't have loud hypebeast colorways so that's keeping the people that only want rare sp's away from the thread. But Nike has been very slow to roll out new stuff. We should have had an ATC III or IV by now as well. But I'm so happy that the Flares are back again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom