🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Nice looking.

Attachments

• DB9E90AF-22DE-4460-A4B5-F6342673C226.jpeg
    DB9E90AF-22DE-4460-A4B5-F6342673C226.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 184
curious why they named this vapor cage 4. Surely they aren’t doing away with the vapor line and keeping just this and the zoom zero?

I guess they're trying to say that the outer half is designed like a Vapor and the inner half like the Cage, hence the name? Vapor X continues alongside this and ZZ.

Last edited:
I guess they're trying to say that the outer half is designed like a Vapor and the inner half like the Cage, hence the name? Vapor X continues alongside this and ZZ.
Going to be hard to beat the zoom zeros for me but I’ll definitely give these a try, especially this color with ties to Rafa and Agassi.

Going to be hard to beat the zoom zeros for me but I’ll definitely give these a try, especially this color with ties to Rafa and Agassi.

Same here. The Cage 3 did not fit my foot at all so hoping these may be better. I've had 6 ZZ and just wish they were a bit more durable. I also have broken the lace strap on the last 2 and had to get them replaced.

New Balance 996v4 (just released) is a really good shoe, I tested it back in Feb and felt it was in the same ballpark as ZZ just not quite as much cushion (although the use of Fuel Cell is a huge upgrade over the old one). I just finished testing another NB shoe that is very ZZ like. Super densely cushioned Fuel Cell midsole and the same swoopy heel shape.

Same here. The Cage 3 did not fit my foot at all so hoping these may be better. I've had 6 ZZ and just wish they were a bit more durable. I also have broken the lace strap on the last 2 and had to get them replaced.

New Balance 996v4 (just released) is a really good shoe, I tested it back in Feb and felt it was in the same ballpark as ZZ just not quite as much cushion (although the use of Fuel Cell is a huge upgrade over the old one). I just finished testing another NB shoe that is very ZZ like. Super densely cushioned Fuel Cell midsole and the same swoopy heel shape.

just had my first lace loop break on a pair of zooms. Shoes were a bit worn and toward the end of their life anyway. Hope this isn’t a problem going forward. Maybe these cages will work.

Care to elaborate on the "other" NB shoe?

Care to elaborate on the "other" NB shoe?

Called BreakrV1. Cushioning is definitely the primary focus. Like the new 996, it uses a Fuel Cell midsole but it has a much thicker, cushioned layer of it than the 996. Mostly mesh upper with a standard style tongue (which is pretty good length and seems to stay centered well). Feels pretty light during play and sits somewhere between the 896 and 996 series stability wise IMO. My biggest knock is that the toe guard seemed to wear fast and I am not a heavy toe dragger. To be fair, most of the wear was cosmetic but a heavy dragger would probably trash it. I was more annoyed because after 1 doubles match the top layer of "paint" was totally worn off of it. Midsole shape is ZZ like with an upward swoop on the back of the heel and some angular cuts on the lateral side. Lots of cool details like break point scores printed on the sole and inside the tongue. Supposed to be a mid tier price point.

Back
Top Bottom