🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

so a comfortable speed shoe? I definitely be down for that, but $150-180 😬

I think in general the 9/9.5/X era was kind of the last time the mainline Nike offerings were a classic tennis design that average players wanted to wear and liked how they looked. You can see this by how long the X lasted and kept receiving new colorways years later.

Im speaking only for myself, although I think its a sentiment shared by many, but Id feel ridiculous wearing something that looks like the Zoom NXT or the Vapor Cage 4 when I go to the local courts. It feels like showing up to pick-up basketball in head to toe Jordan Bulls gear.

I think the return of the 9.5 is getting hyped up at least partly because its a chance to get new pairs of a design that Nike really knocked out of the park. Hasn't really been anything to match that balance of performance and classic look since the X was phased out

so a comfortable speed shoe? I definitely be down for that, but $150-180 😬
your underestimation of the price is somewhat ridiculous, a vapor x is worth 120 $ and that its market price the nct vapor cage are 150-160 respectively the vapor 9.5 tensi a price of 120 in the market at the time the vapor x itself, and the price you expected? 50-60-70$$? better go buy some from walmart😬

your underestimation of the price is somewhat ridiculous, a vapor x is worth 120 $ and that its market price the nct vapor cage are 150-160 respectively the vapor 9.5 tensi a price of 120 in the market at the time the vapor x itself, and the price you expected? 50-60-70$$? better go buy some from walmart😬
Most expensive model is top of the line Vapor NXT at $160. Do you think they’re worth $160? Do you think the new 9.5 should be more than that or at the high end $180? I’ll go with, no. See you at Walmart 🤪

Most expensive model is top of the line Vapor NXT at $160. Do you think they’re worth $160? Do you think the new 9.5 should be more than that or at the high end $180? I’ll go with, no. See you at Walmart 🤪
I never said that I wanted that price for the new 9.5 the price that it has. it is us because they are. from Nike if not for the quality that they are clear that it will not last you a lifetime knowing the vapor I would prefer it to have a price of 110-130 but Nike sets the price, but what can we do

I think in general the 9/9.5/X era was kind of the last time the mainline Nike offerings were a classic tennis design that average players wanted to wear and liked how they looked. You can see this by how long the X lasted and kept receiving new colorways years later.

Im speaking only for myself, although I think its a sentiment shared by many, but Id feel ridiculous wearing something that looks like the Zoom NXT or the Vapor Cage 4 when I go to the local courts. It feels like showing up to pick-up basketball in head to toe Jordan Bulls gear.

I think the return of the 9.5 is getting hyped up at least partly because its a chance to get new pairs of a design that Nike really knocked out of the park. Hasn't really been anything to match that balance of performance and classic look since the X was phased out

If we are talking strictly looks, yes 9/9.5/x are so clean and great for tennis clubs. But if you are a decent mover the outsole won't last at all. It really sucks and I have no choice but to stay away and stick to something with a more durable outsole. That's where you start to look at the Vapor NXT and others.

get this piece, what do you think if I turn it into a sleeveless?👀
7826F787-7A3B-4466-BC72-36E1B420A6B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys, looking to purchase this 2-in-1 shorts size M. If anyone has this pair please DM me! Thanks so much!
009F6229-C49F-4033-BF9F-67E0B44E863B.jpeg

Attachments

• 4C8F97B0-E2B0-4399-82F7-900659ED2BD9.jpeg
    4C8F97B0-E2B0-4399-82F7-900659ED2BD9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,435
EASTBAY has some Nike tennis items and if you use promo code EASTBAY you get 50% off

The problem with Vapor 9.5 price is that we all know Nike spent 0$ to design, develop, test etc. so the cost is much lower than any new shoe. So I would expect a price similar to outgoing shoes like 150$. No really any reason to bump it to 180$ unless this is a limited release or they just know it will sell anyway.

Back
Top Bottom