🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Dude is wilding.

The Party track was just ok to me but Sampha sounding angelic on 4422.

On first listen I thought the party track was just okay but then I was really listening and man. Dudes melodies are unmatched. It's like when you get done listening to his **** you're like...."I've never heard a song like this before"

I just can't stand for any party slander. Dude is undefeated in my eyes

I prefer the rap side, i'm ok with the singing...once it becomes too sappy or slow, i'm not with it

I used to be like that, you can see my posts in this thread from years ago. But I'll learned to appreciate the sap. :lol: RNB best music ever made, specifically the oldies but the bee stuff is appreciated as well

Saturday, March 18, 2017DRAKE DOMINATES AT DIGITAL SERVICES
Drake's More Life mixtape (YMCMB/Republic) dropped on all DSPs Saturday and is keeping pace with Views, which averaged 35m a day in its first week, according to SpotifyCharts.com.

Drake holds 14 of the Top 15 spots— and 21 of the Top 22—for Sunday on SpotifyCharts.com. With more than 34m streams on Sunday, according to SpotifyCharts.com, More Life is keeping pace for now with Views, which averaged 35m a day in its first week. Views was an Apple Music exclusive so, of course, once all streaming services are counted, Sunday alone could contribute over 50m total streams.

Its 22 tracks occupy the Top 22 slots at Apple Music."Portland" f/Quavo & Travis Scott is the collection's top seller at iTunes, currently #8. Physical for the album, which quickly flew to #1 at iTunes, may come as soon as two weeks from now.

Finally got around to first full listen (driving to work) only made it to the PND track. Couple more tracks to go. Have to run it back again to give full impressions.

I don't even listen to Sampha but 4422 is fire. It won't make me go listen to his stuff though. Shrugs.

My favourite song is Gyalchester at the moment, it'll end up being a contest between that, Lose You, Can't Have Everything or Do Not Disturb.

Yall dudes still sleeping on the UK features smh. I'm removing nothing.

Last edited:
Drake Raps About J.Lo & Fires Subliminal Disses on ‘More Life’

Drake’s More Life is finally here. While it was billed as a playlist, the Canadian superstar’s latest project has all the makings of a major studio album.

The 22-track set, which is available in wide release, has plenty of buzz and a star-studded guest list to match. It features an array of talent, including Kanye West, 2 Chainz, Young Thug, PARTYNEXTDOOR, Quavo, Travis Scott, Giggs, and Sampha. Even its interludes bring some familiar faces, with the likes of Lil Wayne, Skepta, and Aubrey’s mother, Sandi Graham.

Jennifer Lopez, who was thought to appear on the Black Coffee and Jorja Smith-assisted “Get It Together,” doesn’t actually lend vocals, but she is referenced in more than one way. “Free Smoke,” for instance, lets on about their rumored relationship. “I drunk text J.Lo,” says Drake. “Old number, so it bounce back.” Later, on “Teenage Fever,” he samples “If You Had My Love” off Lopez’s 1999 debut, On the 6.

More Life also contains more subliminal disses. Following talks of a Jay Z feud, the 6 God directly references Hov. “I wanna move to Dubai,” he raps. “So I don’t never have to kick it with none of you guys / I didn’t listen to Hov on that old song / When he told me pay it no mind / I get more satisfaction outta going at your head and seeing all of you die / And I seen a lot of you die.”

The lyric calls back to Shawn Carter’s Blueprint classic “Heart of the City (Ain’t No Love).” “Young’ns ice-grilling me,” he raps on the track. “Oh, you not feeling me? Fine / It costs you nothing, pay me no mind.”

Drake could also be referencing “Light Up,” their Thank Me Later collaboration, on which Jay Z raps: “Drake, here’s how they gon’ come at you / With silly rap feuds, trying to distract you / In disguise, in the form of a favor.”

Meek Mill also appears to be the target of Drake’s jabs once again. “All you did was write the book on garbage *** Rollies / Ego strokin’, picture postin’ / Claiming that you do it for motivational purposes only.”

Mill spoke about his love for Rolexes during his appearance on the “Tax Season” podcast. “This **** is the trophy right here,” he said of his constant references to the luxury brand. “The way I use Instagram, [it’s] my tool to show young ni**as, ‘This is the clear port. This is a jet. This ain’t no Glock 40 with an extendo.’ … The material **** is enough to catch these young boys’ eyes and make them focus on something else instead of killing and going to jail.”

While Drake’s fiery side was on display, so was his love for music. More Life blends R&B, pop, and rap with inspiration from the U.K. to the Caribbean. The musical influences are as varied as the sample choices. Aside from the J.Lo track, Earth, Wind & Fire’s “Devotion” is sampled on “Glow” and Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long (All Night)” inspired “Blem.” Even “Sonic the Hedgehog” was sampled on “KMT.”

Drake’s More Life, which follows last year’s Views, has the buzz of an official album and might be the closest his fans get to it this year. In fact, this may very well be his final project of 2017, at least judging by the playlist’s final song, “Do Not Disturb.”

“My life is set around competition and currency,” he raps. “Take the summer off because they tell me I need recovery / Maybe gettin’ back to my regular life will humble me / I’ll be back in 2018 to give you the summary.”

I don't even listen to Sampha but 4422 is fire. It won't make me go listen to his stuff though. Shrugs.

My favourite song is Gyalchester at the moment, it'll end up being a contest between that, Lose You, Can't Have Everything or Do Not Disturb.

Yall dudes still sleeping on the UK features smh. I'm removing nothing.

Hermes links ..

We gotta listen to the old Kelly
You've slipped out of feeling already
Girl I know you know already
Things are getting hot and heavy
Things are getting hot and heavy
Girl I know you...
Girl I know you...
What haven't we done before?
What is not already mine?
Couldn't tell you what's not yours

Prince of the 5, every time :pimp:

I thought the playlist moniker was stupid, but low key it makes sense.

The way it jumps around through sounds and cultures, it feels like an amazingly curated playlist of the modern diaspora of black music.

Back
Top Bottom