🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

im surprised no one here has mention the weeknd and Drake's beef/rift
nerd.gif
 wasn't aware of this..

Drake is a straight up ***** tho forreal he has said on multiple occasions that Lebron is a like a brother to him but when Lil Wayne was on stage last week saying "**** LEBRON!" Drake was up there with him laughing and smiling. Would you react like that if someone was talking **** about your "brother"?

^^^ first of all Drake is put into awkward situation where someone who he clearly doesn't like, but has a business relationship with disses a friend/ associate that's not linked to him at all as far as paper goes.
I mean i honestly dont think he takes lil wayne serious anymore, because wayne has no say in the YMCMB brand, Mack Maine makes more business moves, and wayne just skates now. I find it weird that he had the balls to diss a city like miami, where he stays at, without thinking about what he was saying. Thats like a 90's rapper moving to chicago, reppin the area code and dissing jordan, im surprised his whip aint been shot up like ross, and ross is way more respectful to cities, than wayne.

?
nerd.gif
 wasn't aware of this..
I had to look it too.  Apparently, Drake wanted Weeknd to drop The Trilogy with his label OVO, but Weeknd dropped it with Universal and never told Drake.  Here's the post I read on KTT, for anyone that feels like reading it...
Originally Posted by JGOGANG

Legit believe that when Weeknd was planning to drop the trilogy last year, Drake wanted him to do it through his label OVO/Warner. When Weeknd took the trilogy put it out on XO/Universal Republic, Drake took that as a sign of disrespect. Drake put him on and that's how weeknd repaid him, or at least that's how Drake took it. From that point on, Drake made it a point to make sure he isn't putting nobody else on unless its official. Thus, the whole "No New Friends" persona was born.

Pure speculation obviously, but that's what appeared to have happened.
I've been saying this for almost a year and i was constantly getting bashed, anyway what's funny about all this is that Drake and his people didn't even know until  the Rolling stone video dropped that night and the Universal "Trilogy" promo on The Weeknd's site was released few minutes later. I got e-mail that Drake was furious. Abel didn't even have the balls to tell him to his face.

Then Abel had the audacity to tweet about The Grammy's and then recently the "thanks for all that, i'ma run with all that..."

As for being friends or not. Abel's probably gonna get the Aion Clark (Voyce) treatment, Voyce was somewhat what Abel was to Drake in 2011 maybe even closer, then due to "Ego" issues from Clark's side (which he himself admitted in an interview - http://youknowigotsoul.com/youknowigotsoul-interview-with-aion-clarke) Drake stopped ****ing with him and even dissed him, will he go the same route with Abel?, I'm not sure, but the subliminal's on SFTB and the title "No new friends" indicate that. Drake is not the type who masks his feelings/emotions easily.

Voyce and Drake made up in 2011 through "The Renaissance" Crew  reunion in L.A but it's more of a mutual respect thing  they're not making music together or even in touch like he is with Melanie and D10. Drake is the type of person who might forgive but definitely doesn't forget.
Originally Posted by Thoth

I don't know if this was posted but this Jonny Roxx dude is OVO affiltaed, Drake's personal trainer or something. He tweeted this the night Rolling Stone dropped, October 3rd. You could tell the whole OVO camp were furious.

@OvOJonnyRoxx
Don't say OVOXO to me...I Only Rep OVO That's It That's ALL, Nuttin After! Y Preeeee

3:34 a.m. - Oct 3, 2012

The Weeknd - Rolling Stone (Explicit)

Published on Oct 3, 2012
Music video by The Weeknd performing Rolling Stone (Explicit). [emoji]169[/emoji]: Universal Republic Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

Drake is a straight up ***** tho forreal he has said on multiple occasions that Lebron is a like a brother to him but when Lil Wayne was on stage last week saying "**** LEBRON!" Drake was up there with him laughing and smiling. Would you react like that if someone was talking **** about your "brother"?
Lol the hell you expect Drake to do? Snatch the mic from him?

When lil Wayne was saying that stuff, Drake looked mad uncomfortable to me lol. Looks like he was doing the WTF is this dude saying laugh lol

Drakes gonna leave ymcmb soon...but the weeknd shiesty for that I'm sure he could told dude and gave him his reasons why

:lol: at dudes commenting as if they were there to hear any conversations held between Drake and the Weeknd.

When lil Wayne was saying that stuff, Drake looked mad uncomfortable to me lol. Looks like he was doing the WTF is this dude saying laugh lol

Thats what i seen too, Drake was turned around the whole time.

And as for as him leaving YMCMB, i think he will and probably should. It's already set up that way anyway with the OVO label.
He did tell Birdman on stage that he's staying with YMCMB on Birdmans birthday, which was during the All Star Weekend.

I thought The Weeknd should of been signed to OVO

Just putting this out there...but Drake started tweeting "No New ******" right after Lil Reese "Us" got hot and he jumped on the remix.

:rofl: bruh its been 4 years and people still saying "drake gonna leave YMCMB i know he is...i just KNOW IT'" lol like you dont them obviously but jeez, give it a rest

Back
Top Bottom