🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Not to start anything, just my opinion, but what does it really matter if these guys are soft or not? Do people really think the "tough guy" artists are all that tough in real life? Some I'd wager "are, or have been about that life" but other than that....

Just enjoy the music
Exactly . . . and even if they were "about that life" . . . they were "about that life" 10-20 years ago . . .

laugh.gif
Forgot where I was posting
This. The stans have been awaken.

Off top Take Care was just too melancholy for me, I dont feel his pain therefore I dont feel his material. I would list the songs I dont like but I already know yall dudes.

D Staxx I wasn't calling you a stan, Im just saying we in a Drake thread where outlandish comments are made (i.e. Top 5 dead or alive
roll.gif
)

Wack Drake verses:

Fo' Real

Right Here

We In This *****

Last edited:
Not to start anything, just my opinion, but what does it really matter if these guys are soft or not? Do people really think the "tough guy" artists are all that tough in real life? Some I'd wager "are, or have been about that life" but other than that....

Just enjoy the music

I think the problem with Drake is that he's being all mushy with the ladies, then switches it up and talks tough on the next track. He has tried to appear tougher from when he first hit mainstream to now. I think the critics got to him, because he was not talking tough on (his own) tracks until 'Headlines'. Where'd that come from? First, he's in magazine articles talking about fighting in the streets isn't mature, and now he's talking about how he got people that'll come off the hip for him? His persona isn't always consistent ...

I think the problem with Drake is that he's being all mushy with the ladies, then switches it up and talks tough on the next track. He has tried to appear tougher from when he first hit mainstream to now. I think the critics got to him, because he was not talking tough on (his own) tracks until 'Headlines'. Where'd that come from? First, he's in magazine articles talking about fighting in the streets isn't mature, and now he's talking about how he got people that'll come off the hip for him? His persona isn't always consistent ...

fighting in the streets isn't mature...and i'm sure he does have dudes that'll come up off the hip for him...soooooo *shrugs* :lol:

I have never seen a ***** so criticized over single lines in my life... Ya'll acting like the ***** moved to Miami, told the world he moves cocaine, and walks around in a mob boss persona

EVERY rapper has tough lines it F'n rap music.... And EVERY rapper is involved with street ****** who for a 3rd of the money said rapper spends in clubs , would slap you to infancy

The streak continues. No wack verses since Dreams Money can Buy dropped.

Anticipating this album heavily. I really like Started from the Bottom but this put it over the top for me.

I gotta agree. He may have had some so so verses but I think it started in May 2012 when I'm on One dropped. He has been on fire since.

I have never seen a ***** so criticized over single lines in my life... Ya'll acting like the ***** moved to Miami, told the world he moves cocaine, and walks around in a mob boss persona

EVERY rapper has tough lines it F'n rap music.... And EVERY rapper is involved with street ****** who for a 3rd of the money said rapper spends in clubs , would slap you to infancy
Too much real life, same dudes say oh drake soft but Ross they favorite....

This. The stans have been awaken.
Off top Take Care was just too melancholy for me, I dont feel his pain therefore I dont feel his material. I would list the songs I dont like but I already know yall dudes.

D Staxx I wasn't calling you a stan, Im just saying we in a Drake thread where outlandish comments are made (i.e. Top 5 dead or alive :rofl: )

Wack Drake verses:
Fo' Real
Right Here
We In This *****

Obviously same crazy sh is said in this thread..(i.e. Top 5 dead or alive :rofl: )
But Fo Real was barely a verse and I don't think its whack and We In this ***** is :smokin
... I swear i'm not a stan lol

I came in here to troll and write
Originally Posted by Nako XL

Drake is singlehandly keeping REAL hip hop AFLOAT.

Man_with_headphones.jpg
But I'm not even sure if my troll post would stand out in this mess.  What the hell is going on in here???
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The beef is unfortunate, but how Drake look throwing shots at an R&B singer
He's an R&B singer also so it doesnt look that bad imo.

Fo REal was wack cuz dude was tryin too hard, We in this ***** was hardly relevant with the song and just felt forced. Im not tryna say every verse is garbage but dudes act like verse is the best thing ever but all of it seems phoned in.

fighting in the streets isn't mature...and i'm sure he does have dudes that'll come up off the hip for him...soooooo *shrugs* :lol:

How can you take a stance on opposite sides of it though? He hit mainstream and was rap's "nice" guy. Now, it's different. When did he become tough enough to name drop what his squad will do? Forget about other rappers talking tough, Drake's "thing" was that he was always going to be honest and real when other rappers wouldn't. Now it's OK for him to talk tough? If that was him, why did it take until 'Headlines' (or later) to know it??

The beef is unfortunate, but how Drake look throwing shots at an R&B singer

While I see where you're going, it's not like he threw shots at a pop star. The Weeknd doesn't have an image of some squeaky clean guy, plus it could be personal. And if you're talking about Chris Brown, enh. He thinks he's a rapper half the time anyway ...

Don't see the problem with him throwing shots at R&B singers, these are dudes he has real life personal problems with lol

On a somewhat related note a new thread needs to be made and this one needs to be locked. It always annoys me when the OP just abandons a long standing thread like this one (although this one wasnt his fault) Regular updates to the OP and title will never come, the thread title still has 2010 in it....

On a somewhat related note a new thread needs to be made and this one needs to be locked. It always annoys me when the OP just abandons a long standing thread like this one (although this one wasnt his fault) Regular updates to the OP and title will never come, the thread title still has 2010 in it....

I mean it does say 2010 and beyond... :lol:

Don't see the problem with him throwing shots at R&B singers, these are dudes he has real life personal problems with lol

Pretty much, I guess it's warranted (to him) to throw shots at a dude who didn't wanna sign with 'em after the cosign he gave 'em.

Weeknd still bumps though, prefer his **** over Drake's but both are solid in their department.

Back
Top Bottom