🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

I was about to go pull it up I swear. I remember when the Meek **** came out and the reference tracks dropped u came back and quoted hi. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Ummm I didnt say drake 100% wrote his raps during the meek thing. If I did pull it up.

Which is why I don't believe it.

1. It's only on iTunes.

2. Not in stores or other streaming apps.

3. Never even broke 700 first week sales.

Now that it's exclusive on iTunes he's expected to sell a million.......mad suspect.
which means people have to buy to listen, not that far fetched.

I didn't buy it. I know the seven people in my group chat didn't buy it. I downloaded it for my girl, she didn't buy it. Link was out by 1130 that night. Not like that was the only way to get it.

And no, you could stream it with Apple Music and not buy the album.

Wait you have to buy the album to steam on Apple Music? That's stupid. 

No, you just go to it and press the check mark

These stream numbers are reminding me of faux YouTube views. I'm not just talking about drake cause there was controversy over Kanye west streams too

In principle though, how can you pay 9.99 per month to listen to 100's of albums per month, and artists get no credit for it?

Thats flawed logic to me and at least now you get a more accurate representation of an artist's impact on the market

No, you just go to it and press the check mark

These stream numbers are reminding me of faux YouTube views. I'm not just talking about drake cause there was controversy over Kanye west streams too

Oh ok. That's similar to Spotify, seems a bit fishy though, do they count entire album streams or if you just do a few songs does it count as well? Seems a bit convoluted and misleading.

I'm against the streaming counting as albums sold. Not just on some drake steez, with anybody. It's easy to pay 10 a month and somebody drop something new and u say let me preview this joint to see if I like it. Rather than go actually pay 10 for that project and if u do t like it u paid your money for it already. 3 projects drop that week if u supporting u dropping $30, it's easy to listen when it's included in your $10 u pay every month for thousands of songs. They should get some other type of award for streams.

Streams=youtube views. People bout to use these flawed and tampered with #s to try to prove who > who.

Streams=youtube views. People bout to use these flawed and tampered with #s to try to prove who > who.

People *shouldnt* use sales as a measuring stick for success, or to determine who > who

It dont mean much in terms of quality

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with @Wilt Chamberlain there needs to be a separate system. They deserve to be compensated for everything, physical and digital copies, but it just seems this isn't the best way.

I'm against the streaming counting as albums sold. Not just on some drake steez, with anybody. It's easy to pay 10 a month and somebody drop something new and u say let me preview this joint to see if I like it. Rather than go actually pay 10 for that project and if u do t like it u paid your money for it already. 3 projects drop that week if u supporting u dropping $30, it's easy to listen when it's included in your $10 u pay every month for thousands of songs. They should get some other type of award for streams.

This is understandable, and the current method isnt perfect.

However, people arent using it to preview albums. They're using it as their way of buying albums so you just let that go by the wayside?

People *shouldnt* use sales as a measuring stick for success, or to determine who > who

It dont mean much in terms of quality
But they do it here everyday. Hell it's happened in this thread plenty of times.

Like I mention I believe him not letting you buys singles help the sales alone with all the hype/buzz.

However, Drake is still the best selling hip hop artist (actually sales) regardless. Don't need to use the "new rules" he sales the most old school way also.

Those singles were all on iTunes for weeks and months now so no.

There should be some award or plaque for streams and YouTube views. They don't belong with sales. Mad people with Apple and Spotify weren't buying music before and not buying music now. People aren't buying music because it's trash today and so much music being released daily. No one sits with an album and wants to enjoy it. It's all about singles and hashtags.

Last edited:
lol Man only people who use Sales in the discussion of music are Eminem Stans. Enjoy the damn music and keep it moving. People Kill me debating on Sales like they get a cut.

How are they including past hotline bling streams in first week sales if it's been out since July?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom