🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Speaking of flows, apparently Drake used some UK dude named C-Biz flow on Grammy's, but all them UK heads seem to be OK w/ the ****. :lol: They not complaining they are happy. :lol:

I pay for Apple Music and downloaded the album to my phone from there that shouldn't count as a album sale?

Drake is pushing  850k first week off of pure hard sales. He's going to outsell beyonce first week for sure.

But the stream vs hard sale thing is not about guys like Drake. It's more so about artist who are realllyyyy popping out here, but the sales don't reflect that at all for them. The idea to separate awards for streaming and sales in theory is cool, but it's flawed because people aren't buying albums anymore to begin with. As it stands now, the best way to identify how society is consuming music is by combining the two.

I pay for Apple Music and downloaded the album to my phone from there that shouldn't count as a album sale?
prime example / case study.

Now multiply this x whatever number of people you want.

There's no incentive for people to buy albums anymore because this is if not already, the primary way people are consuming music / albums. How can it not count as an album sale if this is the primary way people are consuming albums? 

Guess i'm the weird one, i have spotify/apple music and i still buy albums(digitally). I wonder what's the percentage on that, people who have streaming services who still buy albums.

To make it clear I'm not excusing the ghost writing when he claims to be the goat rapper.

Just explaining what ghostwriting is and isn't for those who have it twisted. Just because you hear Party rapping/singing something on a reference doesn't necessarily mean he wrote the whole thing.

Again there's reference tracks for Jay that hve Kanye and Pharrell and Timbaland's voices on it. Unless you're arguing they wrote those whole tracks too...?

Not true. You really are reaching for excuses.

You're confusing a reference track and what a producer does. A producer comes up with the beat, and often even the hook. Pharrell isn't teaching Jay-Z how to flow over a track. Jay-Z does that himself, because he's picking the beat. That's how he can hear a beat CD and pick a song(s). Pharrell is an artist and is giving his vision to sell his beat. 40 isn't the one doing this for Drake. Essentially they are using that other persons talent at song making to create a song for Drake. That like what Beyonce does when she has her camps. What Kanye does. Still with Kanye he's the one behind the scenes giving his vision of what he wants to hear so it's still his creation. I respect Kanye doing it, because he takes it to another level and does it piece by piece. That's why other producers respect him, because he will say you are better than this than me, but this is how I want my song to be. Help me create my vision as perfect to what I hear in my head. I'm not sure if that happens with Drake. I feel as thought he's a Frankenstein creation.

So you said "not true" then agreed with me? Just because you hear party's voice on a reference track it doesn't mean he wrote that whole reference track. That's the only point I'm making.

I broke down how song writing works, particularly when they're collaborative. Your last sentence "I don't know if Drake does that" shows that you agree with me. We don't know how much writing he puts into his own songs but people here think if they hear a reference track that it means Party wrote it all then sent it over like "hear record this, it'll be a hit." No. Most times there's a pre existing structure and framework (either from party, drake, or another writer altogether) and it goes through various evolutions before it makes it to an album. Party's reference track that you're now hearing might be the third or fourth version of that. There could be scratch tracks drake recorded before party even ever heard the song. Party could have taken a rough version drake sent over for more work and then changed lines or a flow and sent it back.

That's the point.

And I don't understand the distinction you're making with Jay-Z. So what if he wrote it. There's recordings of other rappers and producers saying HIS bars in a way they think would sound better. Again, that's the point.

Really hope this is the last Rihanna feature on a Drake album. Just so bland and forgettable. Can't think of a word she said on it right now and I've listened to the song multiple times.

Yeah that Rihanna track was trash. Have yet to listen to the full album because of work. The first 6 trscks are A1 tho.

Speaking of flows, apparently Drake used some UK dude named C-Biz flow on Grammy's, but all them UK heads seem to be OK w/ the ****. :lol: They not complaining they are happy. :lol:

That isn't Future's flow on the song?

Either way, Drake needs to go back to writing with Kenza and whoever else because the lyrics he's spitting these days have been getting worse and worse. I like PND, but let him do the R&B stuff, his lyrics aren't really cutting it as far as rapping. Neither is QM's lyrics for that matter.

I'm trying to think of a more tactful way to say it but I'd Rihanna isn't talking about bird things I don't care to hear her at all. That is her wheelhouse in my book and it'll never happen on a Drake project so it's just gotta end.

Yeah that Rihanna / Drake record on views is awful and corny. 

This is probably just me, but Rihanna and Drake collabos are way more interesting when they aren't drake records. 

Been sleeping on this DVSN album. This is dope.

Keep the family close
Feel No Ways
Redemption
With You
Still Here
Controlla
One Dance
Childs Play
Pop Style
Too Good
Summer's Over
Fire & Desire
All good songs.

I thought this album was a little garbage at first because it wasn't what I expected but I did realize what it's missing. Turn up esq tracks such as energy, back to back and jumpman etc. Grammys could have been way better, I do agree with a previous comment it seems as if Grammys was thrown together last minute. They could've saved a song from WATTBA for VIEWS instead of using Grammys cause it's trash.
This is more of a clean up the house/car r&b album and is missing the rapping lol. This album has grown on me. You have to listen to it and dissect it. Play it as soon as you get in the car on the way to work.

Redemption is PEAK drake 
laugh.gif

Like if you were to describe Drake in one song, it would be this one 

Redemption is PEAK drake :lol:

Like if you were to describe Drake in one song, it would be this one 

That last verse might be my favorite on the album. Son got all the way back in his pocket on that one.

I almost wish he titled it "The Redemption" because of how well it fits within that theme for him.

Yeah that Rihanna / Drake record on views is awful and corny. 

This is probably just me, but Rihanna and Drake collabos are way more interesting when they aren't drake records. 

Been sleeping on this DVSN album. This is dope.
No its not just you. The reason it is this way is because Rihanna doesnt get to talk about the stuff she's typically talking about on a Drake record. There's no bird things being sung.

I told ****** for years Drake had a writing team and nobody wanted to believe me :lol:

This was back during the Take Care era too.

I'm still going to listen tho. Because the people he's working with and getting material from are EXTREMELY talented. That *****'s like a vessel for great music. 

It is what it is.

And how did you know he had writers?

Crazy that the fact Hush is credited on almost every rap song on both TC and NWTS

That name Hush sounds familiar. Is that who Drake was talking about on the TML track "Miss Me"?

Edit: Just checked rap genius and yea it's him

Didn't he also take Big Sean's single word punchline style, that everybody in the game was using at one point?

That goes back to like '09 :lol:

****** I know thought I was crazy when I said this way back :lol:

That garbage was Young Money's entire style at that time :lol: :lol: they took something that rappers previously used in moderation and just beat it into the ground

1zbuwkw.jpg

33ni06o.jpg
"And I got her n___, grocery bag"-Gudda Gudda :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm a firm believer that song sequence affects the listening experience. With that being said, the first track should've been 'Views'. Track 3 should've been 'Hotline', Track 15 'Pop Style'. I'll rearrange the tracklist order and post it.

I already don't like where this is going cause the intro and outro are right where they need to be.

I definitely agree with your main point though song order matters. Helps with cohesion.

Last edited:
I already don't like where this is going cause the intro and outro are right where they need to be.

1. Views (Intro)
2. One Dance
3. Hotline Bling
4. Hype
5. U With Me?
6. 9
7. With You
8. Feel No Ways
9. Controlla
10. Summers Over Interlude
11. Still Here
12. Faithful
13. Grammys
14. Childs Play
15. Pop Style
16. Weston Road Flows
17. Too Good
18. Redemption
19. Fire & Desire
20. Keep The Family Close

1. Views (Intro)
2. One Dance
3. Hotline Bling
4. Hype
5. U With Me?
6. 9
7. With You
8. Feel No Ways
9. Controlla
10. Summers Over Interlude
11. Still Here
12. Faithful
13. Grammys
14. Childs Play
15. Pop Style
16. Weston Road Flows
17. Too Good
18. Redemption
19. Fire & Desire
20. Keep The Family Close
I've never been one to mess with song orders. The one thing I can kinda agree with is moving hotline bling to the beginning. It's not a part of the album to me, it doesn't fit with the rest of album and when you're listening to it in order it feels weird to have to go from Views which closes it out to that song.

antidope antidope yea I know, I dont actually rearrange the songs, I just like messing around with what fits better to me IMO, I think its been proven that song sequence can make or break a listening experience

NWTS was sequenced perfectly and seamlessly IMO

Back
Top Bottom