🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

antidope antidope yea I know, I dont actually rearrange the songs, I just like messing around with what fits better to me IMO, I think its been proven that song sequence can make or break a listening experience

NWTS was sequenced perfectly and seamlessly IMO
It really was. It was actually one of its biggest selling points with me.

So you said "not true" then agreed with me? Just because you hear party's voice on a reference track it doesn't mean he wrote that whole reference track. That's the only point I'm making.

I broke down how song writing works, particularly when they're collaborative. Your last sentence "I don't know if Drake does that" shows that you agree with me. We don't know how much writing he puts into his own songs but people here think if they hear a reference track that it means Party wrote it all then sent it over like "hear record this, it'll be a hit." No. Most times there's a pre existing structure and framework (either from party, drake, or another writer altogether) and it goes through various evolutions before it makes it to an album. Party's reference track that you're now hearing might be the third or fourth version of that. There could be scratch tracks drake recorded before party even ever heard the song. Party could have taken a rough version drake sent over for more work and then changed lines or a flow and sent it back.

That's the point.

And I don't understand the distinction you're making with Jay-Z. So what if he wrote it. There's recordings of other rappers and producers saying HIS bars in a way they think would sound better. Again, that's the point.

No I didn't agree with you.

A producer isn't making a reference track. 40 isn't the one creating reference tracks for him. Part of production is a producer giving guidance. I think you should emphasize this word more. I think it would sound better this way. That's what separates a producer from a beat maker. Drake's getting outside people to rhyme or sing over a song created for him. He's patterning his flow off theirs. Probably the lyrics also. What Drake is doing isn't what most artist do. It's what R&B and pop artist do.

And from my statement. I said Kanye's songs are Kanye's visions whether he writes or produces the whole thing or not. Drake, I doubt it, but I'm not in the room, so I can' t say for sure.

I finished the album this morning. Only song that really stuck out that I wanted to hear again was Views. That song sounds like his old sound. This new sound, he sounds lost. Like he can't find himself. It's not for me. The song Views was real tough though.

I'm tryna picture any of this album being performed live...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time believing Drake all of a sudden is going to sell so many records.

That might be Apple padding or the label hyping it up for promotion.

I finished the album this morning. Only song that really stuck out that I wanted to hear again was Views. That song sounds like his old sound. This new sound, he sounds lost. Like he can't find himself. It's not for me. The song Views was real tough though.

Yeah that was my favorite also.

That took me back to pre Cash Money Drake.

Weston Road Flows was ok also. He had a couple of more that were ok.

SFG > TC >>>> NWTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>> (WATTBA) >>>>> TML >>>>>>>>>> .... >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Views

Never really listened to CS or RFI

"First take Drake you know I never really have to take two it and they still take to it"

Is that in reference to the reference tracks? If so :smokin

Everything Drake puts out from beginning to the end will be better than TML simply based on the virtue that it's the most unDrake project of them all.

That's not to say it's not a good project because it is but I feel like it wasn't the album he wanted to make, and it sounds much different than all the rest.

Last edited:
This is clearly aimed at women, moreso than any of his previous projects. I knew it was coming eventually but he finally dropped a project where he did more singing than rapping.

I was originally drawn to the rapper & don't care much for the singer. So I'm cool on this.

It's not sonically bad. The production is great. Most of the tracks on here just aren't my cup of tea.

This ranks at the very bottom of his catalog for me.

People can't still be having better rapper arguments in 2016.
Whoever you find to be better IS better.
Music is about what you like.
Its not some dollar to female life comparison contest.
Yall dudes act like jehovahs witnesses depending on converts to support your feelings.

If nas out lives jay then he won and vice versa.

People can't still be having better rapper arguments in 2016.
Whoever you find to be better IS better.
Music is about what you like.
Its not some dollar to female life comparison contest.
Yall dudes act like jehovahs witnesses depending on converts to support your feelings.

If nas out lives jay then he won and vice versa.

What you say is technically true but better rapper arguments are always fun and entertaining. Regarding your last sentence it doesn't matter who outlives who, jay won and is clearly the better rapper.

Just realizing the album is supposed to be broke up into seasons (so is the booklet) anybody know when each season starts/ends?

Just realizing the album is supposed to be broke up into seasons (so is the booklet) anybody know when each season starts/ends?

Drake himself broke it down in the Zane Lowe interview but I don't remember

I'm guessing the streak of dancehall joints are summer tho

so is the double album confirmed? there will be another 'rap type' released? or just rumors

He may drop 5-6 songs

Just thinking how his recent bigger songs were one-off random drops

'Hotline', '0-100'

Is this confirmed a physical release for this Friday. I don't see it on any websites that they'll have it Friday?

DJ played One Dance at the club this past weekend. Song is fire on the dance floor. Wasn't feeling this track at first but now I'm a fan. 

Back
Top Bottom