🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Cortez claims 2 or 3 Drake albums are supposed to come out this year at 13:10. SMH at Elliot Wilson for not doing a follow up question :smh:

2 albums in 2017? Drake is really oversatuarting the market. He should just flood the streets with features and drop a well thought out LP in the end of '17, or beginning of '18.

always wondered when this dude's decline would start....

i think we are coming close to it....i know i've been looking out for him less and less

It ain't even like he's strayed away very far from his genuine sound either, Views has some flashes of his old stuff...he has just been trying to get on that worldwide level with his pop crossover songs...as we saw on 4PM in Calabasas, he can easily get back in pocket

2 albums in 2017? Drake is really oversatuarting the market. He should just flood the streets with features and drop a well thought out LP in the end of '17, or beginning of '18.
Over-Saturation is a different concept in 2016. Albums don't live nearly as long as they used to due to the sheer volume of new music that is released on the daily basis. Out of all the things to worry about, over saturation is the least of my concern.

This is the entertainment business, you give the people what they want and as long as the people are clamoring for new Drake, he won't be oversaturating by giving them that.

i think we are coming close to it....i know i've been looking out for him less and less
I can't see the decline happening at this moment.

I mean it could, but he just sold out 8 straight nights at the 02 and Views is the #1 album in the country for like the 15th consecutive week. Amidst all of that, you can see a decline starting to form? 

8 sold out shows at the O2...thats crazy, our boy made it :smokin

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't see the decline happening at this moment.

I mean it could, but he just sold out 8 straight nights at the 02 and Views is the #1 album in the country for like the 15th consecutive week. Amidst all of that, you can see a decline starting to form? 

Talking about decline in quality, as in the Jay-Z type of thing where he's clearly phoning it in (whether on purpose or not).

Over-Saturation is a different concept in 2016. Albums don't live nearly as long as they used to due to the sheer volume of new music that is released on the daily basis. Out of all the things to worry about, over saturation is the least of my concern.

This is the entertainment business, you give the people what they want and as long as the people are clamoring for new Drake, he won't be oversaturating by giving them that.

I hear you on that.

Talking about decline in quality, as in the Jay-Z type of thing where he's clearly phoning it in (whether on purpose or not).
Would disagree. I don't see Views has him phoning it in, I honestly just think with some it's Drake Fatigue that's setting in.

Views, for the most part has the same ingredients as all his other projects. Views is like Take Care / So Far Gone with a couple of dancehall records. 

To me, it appears that there is a clear formula that he sticks to for albums and for some, it has grown tiresome. 

so far gone nor take care drake would not say some **** like "you toying with it like happy meal"
You a damn lie. Complete Revisionist History right here. Off the top of my head

On SFG He had lines like "WAYNE IF YOU ON MARS CAN YOU PICK ME UP FROM JUPITERRRRR"

"I'M STILL MYSELF, SUICIDE BARS I KILL MYSELF

"DONT MAKE ME BREAK YO KEVIN HART BWOY"

"SHE SAID YOU SUCH A DOG I SAY ITS SUCH A BONEEEE"

"NO I'M NOT A REF BUT I COULD MAKE YO ***** WHISSLEEEEE"

the only bad line right there was the make yo ***** whistle line

but then again i was in middle/entering high school at that time so that entire era of drake is classic to me for the most part so it could be rose tinted glasses

that also was the era of him biting big sean's supa flow...he got way better from 2011-2013 so maybe i should say 2011-2013 drake would never say some **** like that

Remember he drops albums not free mix tapes. If he does an album with Ye in early 2017 and a solo album later that year the boy will be good.

the only bad line right there was the make yo ***** whistle line

but then again i was in middle/entering high school at that time so that entire era of drake is classic to me for the most part so it could be rose tinted glasses

that also was the era of him biting big sean's supa flow...he got way better from 2011-2013 so maybe i should say 2011-2013 drake would never say some **** like that
Your bias is making you associate those lines with a certain time in your life, thus making you think those lines aren't as wack as "You toying with it like happy meal" when in fact, they are just about the same.

Drake is a pop rapper, and has been that from the jump. Pop rappers say cleverly stupid lines like that.

I guarantee you that era that you're citing, 2011-2013 is filled with terrible lines that rival the happy meal joint, i'm just too lazy to look right now 
laugh.gif

Remember he drops albums not free mix tapes. If he does an album with Ye in early 2017 and a solo album later that year the boy will be good.

True. What a Time to be Alive =/= Ye & Drake project. and then solo. Yeah, i see that.

Back
Top Bottom