03 Nissan Maxima vs 04 Acura TL

Hey NT, currently in the market to buy another car since selling my 95 Chevy Caprice (converted to Impala by the guy I bought it from).

Based on budgeting, I am now down to two choices and will most likely purchase later today or tomorrow.

It is between a 2003 Gray Lustre Metallic Nissan Maxima with the sand interior. I forgot the exact trim and it has 95K miles on it.

And a 2004 Black Acura TL with the black interior and this car has 96K miles on it. The TL is the one without the NAVI
frown.gif

I definitely prefer the TL to the Maxima, but the TL is going to run me 12G whereas the Maxima is going to be 10G.

Based on this information, which car would you guys roll with and why? Thanks in advance guys.

I've been on the 03 Maxima hunt for a while now. You can find better deals out there. I found several in the 9G range with mileage ranging between 60-80k

OP if you buyin straight up cash...............ok

if you financin or takin out a loan........i agree with monday........

I love my Max...but I have 2 gripes --
1. stiff ride/suspension on the SE
2. Super large turning radius

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

That's because it's more sporty than it is luxury

Get more comfortable tires.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Neither

too much mileage.

That mileage is nothing for cars like that at that age, don't listen to this man.  He seems to have an assumption that cars at 90k lose all their value and start to die.  I dunno if ya'll dudes just been rich all your lives or something, but that's how we cop used cars and ride them out for years.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Neither

too much mileage.

That mileage is nothing for cars like that at that age, don't listen to this man.  He seems to have an assumption that cars at 90k lose all their value and start to die. 
Don't assume
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ListenHere

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I love my Max...but I have 2 gripes --
QFT.
Do you still have the stock Bridgestones on yours? I have Hankooks on the front, and my ride isn't too bad. Then again, I am used to my G35 Coupe which was super stiff.
no..I have the Turanza Serenity on all 4.

id take an I35 over both of these, u can get them down here in FL with 70-90k miles for around $8-$10k

I had a 2004 TL a few years back it never gave me any problems it was a solid vehicle. I sold it with 130K miles on it for $8,500, I think if you find a private seller you could talk the price down a lot if you have the cash. I do own a Inifinity M series now and I don't think i've driven a better car.

If I HAD a choice between those two, I'd get the Acura TL. I've had many bad experiences with Nissan cars...

But if you can afford a new car, try that instead. Mileage on both cars are mad high.

Gotta go with the TL hands down. Body wise its much better than the Maxima. Hands down! Especially the color options. The black is better than that gray Maxima..

Thanks for all the help yall. And to the person who asked if I had driven them, yes I test drove both cars and a lot more cars in this last week or so. My little sister just picked up an 05 Toyota corolla sport with 45K miles which ain't bad at all. I decided to scrap both of these cars and continue my pursuit of a new USED car simply because that's all my funds will allow right now. I'm secretly just looking on a good deal for an 04 and newer Acura TL lol, but not those newer ones that have the different bodies now. I feel like they changed for the worse from the body they had to the generation now.

Back
Top Bottom