03 Range Rover... Yay? or Nay?

im looking at a 03 range rover hse for about $19k.. it has 5x,xxx miles on it and has a clean title. whats the good and bads here? i've tried reading up onthem but see mostly good things. i know alot of people talk down on them also. anybody here own one or know anybody who does?

nerd.gif

Boy had one for 1/2 a year and ended up selling it. Too many problems he said. Don't know the specifics but my cousin also sold his after a year. Heardmaintenance is mad expensive.

if you want it more than 10,000 miles, don't even consider it. they're crazy cheap with low mileage for a very good reason...

Don't do it. My dad's 03 range rover started having a bunch of electric problems this year. Had to get the alternator replaced for $1800, it actuallydied on the freeway. He would sell it, but the only offered him $12,000. He's going to keep it until it dies.

pretty good deal, kinda hard to find an 03 with only 50k miles. But the older ones like 03-05 have had a lot of problems, think about that before you buy. Youcould get lucky and it might not have problems but doubt it.

A friend had an '04, it was always in the shop. Range has consistently ranked in last in term of quality and reliability, right behind Kia in the recentyears. The old Rangers were good when they were under BMW. The launch of the 3rd gen in the early 2000 was under Ford and the craftsmanship was not up to par,to put it nicely.

if you can afford to refill the tank for every errand you make then more power to you..

My pops had a range and sold it due to it always being in the shop. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have the money to repair it all the damn time likean older Audi.

Originally Posted by wj4

A friend had an '04, it was always in the shop. Range has consistently ranked in last in term of quality and reliability, right behind Kia in the recent years. The old Rangers were good when they were under BMW. The launch of the 3rd gen in the early 2000 was under Ford and the craftsmanship was not up to par, to put it nicely.

that's what got me thinking twice. 5 minutes from posting this thread and i've heard enough bad
laugh.gif

idk what yall are talking i have 04, and it hasnt seen the shop yet. its for sale though im trying to get something newer, it has about 60000 miles on it andim asking 18.5k cash. im in tx btw

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

idk what yall are talking i have 04, and it hasnt seen the shop yet. its for sale though im trying to get something newer, it has about 60000 miles on it and im asking 18.5k cash. im in tx btw

I would say that too.. if I were selling one
grin.gif

I say nay. Great looking car but 4 of my friends have them (2 new, 2 used) and they all have suspension problems. Pretty expensive to fix too.

maintenance is expensive on this car. I have one customer who owns an 03 model, he actually picked up his car today because his water pump pretty much explodedand shattered in a way I've never seen before...I mean the whole housing itself just cracked and broke...of course other parts got damaged in the mayhem.I'm just about sure he replaced the transmission on it last week. Land Rover, too much "conveniences" to fail on you...to the point wherethey're no longer conveniences. Think it over...but I'd never cop a land rover.

Can't tell you a thing about maintenance but...

My girl has an 03 Range HSE, and I absolutely love driving it.

those things are horrible. I hate working on those cars.(I'm a mechanic) had one in the shop had no coolant the water pump went out and so did the $1000alternator. The belt was wrapped around the pulleys. Such a POS (piece of $!!#).

Back
Top Bottom