09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Its hard for me to picture Clottey not at least hurting Cotto, I was sure he would have buzzed him at some point but he didnt. especially after the cut,

Why is Clottey so Cautious?
smh.gif
He cost himself that W.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i missed the punch stats... i saw it last minute.. was it 222-179 Clottey?

Something like that...

However the real kicker? He was far more efficient throwing 100 less punches than Cotto.

Great fight. The difference to me was the lack of punches by Clottey in the last two rounds, more specifically in the 12th. I'm cool with the decision.

PBF is crazy !! ....lol

I can't wait to see the fight. My man Marquez ain't goin down easy, I'll tell you that much.

Please get Floyd off my TV screen. He's gonna run his mouth all the f'n time after he beats JMM who has to go all the way to 143.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i missed the punch stats... i saw it last minute.. was it 222-179 Clottey?

Something like that...

However the real kicker? He was far more efficient throwing 100 less punches than Cotto.
true true.. but i think Cotto with more punches attempted despite not landing... won him the fight for the judges.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Lord Pleeeeeeeeeease, get PacMan in the ring with MAC
pimp.gif

Freddie Roach is not gonna let that happen

laugh.gif

I don't know about that...

I think there is a chance to see the two in the ring. I think Manny has a chance.

As for fights that are actually happening, Floyd vs JMM. I love it. If there is anyone who can beat Floyd it's JMM, even though Marquez is at quite a disadvantage coming up in weight.

I can't wait.....

I will be shocked if Floyd don't knock him out. I would lose a little respect for PBF

laugh.gif
@ PBF, damn I can't wait for that 24/7

but yeah, clottey got robbed

And lmfao @ "yes, he said that because he knew if it came to the decision that I would get robbed. Now I respect you, I respect you for sayingthat...". Definitely need a rematch on this one.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Only way we see a PAC/Cotto bout is if Miguel sucks down to 143

It's not going to happen.

pretty much, he has said he wont drop weight

after seen this fight you think roach would let manny get in the ring with cotto? nothing manny would throw at him would hurt him all night

i feel bad for Clottey not only because he lost but because in the way that other welterweights will most likely shy away from a fight with Clottey because theway he fought and how he was very difficult to beat convincingly. Clottey is not going to draw huge crowds so Mosley won't want a fight with him.

i had the fight scored 114-113 for Cotto if it weren't for the first round knockdown i would've gave that round to Clottey even though it wasn't abig punch a knockout it gave Cotto the 10-8 round in which case it would've been a 10-9 round for Clottey.

Clottey was not throwing enough punches in the 11 and 12 rounds and even though it seemed as if Cotto was running he was actually landing some clean puncheswhile moving backwards.

Although Floyd is back and making things exciting, I'm interested in JMM's routine since he isn't on 24/7 much. It must be nice to workout up inthe mountains and he has an interesting routine..I think I saw him hammering a tire in that clip..likes working outdoors I guess..pretty cool.

Cotto aint fightin no time soon with that cut. Mosley gonna fight before the winter is over, maybe Shane vs Berto will pop off 1st

Originally Posted by MrDills

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Lord Pleeeeeeeeeease, get PacMan in the ring with MAC
pimp.gif

Freddie Roach is not gonna let that happen

laugh.gif

I don't know about that...

I think there is a chance to see the two in the ring. I think Manny has a chance.

As for fights that are actually happening, Floyd vs JMM. I love it. If there is anyone who can beat Floyd it's JMM, even though Marquez is at quite a disadvantage coming up in weight.

I can't wait.....

I will be shocked if Floyd don't knock him out. I would lose a little respect for PBF
I don't think the fight will be decided via KO from either side. Honestly...

This is not Ricky Hatton PBF is about to fight. Marquez knows how to move his head, he knows how to box, he knows how to pick his spots. Marquez is arguablythe P4P best fighter in the world right now (him and Manny), you're taking him lightly...

Something that would prove to be folly for PBF if he does the same. I'm a fan of PBF but I'm not crazy enough to believe that Marquez is going to be aneasy fight for Floyd.

you think its going to take more than 6 months for that cut to fully heal? MAC going to be fighting Nov. or Dec....maybe January

....against Sugar Shane

Back
Top Bottom