09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Shane got the WBA. The Ring I'm not too sure who has it.

Edit: Ring is vacant. How they still have Margarito ranked #4 is beyond me.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so only 3-4 months for that cut to heal on cotto? nope that fight ant going to happen

exactly, how da hell he gonna be ready to fight with that @%!+*+# gash.
took 28 stitches to close, so that gotta heal, then how is he gonna spar without it re-opening. Bob Arum taking advantage. I thought Cotto was droppin himanyway? wasnt that the plan?

If I remember reading correctly, he has one fight (After Clottey) left on his contract...

I might be wrong, though.

^^^Thats what i thought.

Nothing is set in stone. Maybe Shane can sneak in.....if he offers to take 30%.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

so only 3-4 months for that cut to heal on cotto? nope that fight ant going to happen

took 28 stitches to close, so that gotta heal, then how is he gonna spar without it re-opening. Bob Arum taking advantage. I thought Cotto was droppin him anyway? wasnt that the plan?

eek.gif
Dang I coulda sworn they said on ESPN it only took 6 stitches to close.If it was 28, they aint no way that fight is happening.
frown.gif

Nate's manager has 10K on him if anyone wants it
laugh.gif

http://www.boxingscene.co...hp?p=5372685#post5372685
Bradley-Campbell is almost made for aug 1st on Showtime.

Put your money where your big mouth is. I'll bet $10,000 (real money, not internet points) heads up on Nate. (I'll bet more than that if I get the Vegas odds)

Money up front held in a 3rd party escrow till after the fight.

If you're game, then put up. Otherwise just go back to being a keyboard badass and running your mouth.

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

took 28 stitches to close, so that gotta heal, then how is he gonna spar without it re-opening. Bob Arum taking advantage. I thought Cotto was droppin him anyway? wasnt that the plan?

eek.gif
Dang I coulda sworn they said on ESPN it only took 6 stitches to close. If it was 28, they aint no way that fight is happening.
frown.gif

If I'm not mistaken I think there was a cut under his eye as well taht needed 6 stitches.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"Bet sumthin" used to be my favorite saying

Nah inside the cut to 6 stitches, it took another 22 to close the outside. Go on ringonline n look at his post fight presser. He got on like 6 butterflies andother pieces of tape tryin to hold it together

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

Nate's manager has 10K on him if anyone wants it
laugh.gif

http://www.boxingscene.co...hp?p=5372685#post5372685
Bradley-Campbell is almost made for aug 1st on Showtime.

Put your money where your big mouth is. I'll bet $10,000 (real money, not internet points) heads up on Nate. (I'll bet more than that if I get the Vegas odds)

Money up front held in a 3rd party escrow till after the fight.

If you're game, then put up. Otherwise just go back to being a keyboard badass and running your mouth.

that fool even got money like that? cause i Know nate ant been paying him

I mean I defiantly want Pac vs. Shane. Nothing would make me happier than the hometown hero Sugar defeating Pac. BUT.....if the Cotto/Pac fight is the one thathappens I want it in Jan. Hopefully Cotto backs out and Arum sticks to his word.

"Shane's a terrific fighter, but for now he's the second choice," Arum said. "If we can't put together a Pacquiao-Cotto fight,we'll reach out to Shane."

Arum is the only one talking this crap tho, NOBODY from cotto camp is saying this. Cotto has said already he wont drop weight(money does talk tho) from thatcut and him not wanting to drop weight i dont see the fight going down

it will be Shane VS pac because Shane is dumb enough to take 30%. is saying going broke?

By Pac-Man's camp...you mean Arum and Roach.

Them two are trying to sucker Shane into coming down in weight....they know how desperate he is for a big money fight. Remember, Shane has fought as high as154...ya'll really think he's gonna make 143 easy? He'll show up on fight night lookin' like Oscar did...meaning...easy money for Pac, Roach,and Arum.

Arum is the snake here...IMO, the reason why he's fighting for Cotto/Pac-Man so hard is because 1. they are both his fighters 2. Cotto has one fight lefton the deal and he's gone...ya'll think Arum isn't gonna try to squeeze as much money as he can outta that last fight?

Pac-Man has no chance against a LEGIT Welterweight...F' all that "catchweight" garbage.

Cotto will fight anyone, he aint backing down from Shane. I wouldnt mind seeing that rematch if other fights dont work out.

Shane would destroy Pac-Man, it wouldnt even be fair.

As much as i would like to see Mosley vs Pacquiao the catch weight around 142-144 they want Mosley to do is not right he will be so weight drained and he willhave to lose muscle mass and that's not a good thing considering his age.

Arum knows that Shane at 147 would be a tough fight for Pacquiao so they are trying to get as big an advantage like getting Mosley at a weight he hasn'tfought at in over 10 years.

i just don't like that Manny's team is forcing other people to fight him at these catch weights Pacquiao should stick to a division either 140 or 147.

Ivan Calderon: "I want Brian Viloria or a Mayol rematch!"
By FightFan.com Staff (16-Jun-2009)

Courtesy of 'The Kristal Hart Show', watch this post-fight interview with 108 pound champion Ivan Calderon after his June 13technical draw with Rodel Mayol. Calderon wants Brian Viloria next but is also keen on a Mayol rematch!

3634020370_b3d179277e.jpg
IvanCalderon: "I want Brian Viloria next. If I don't get Viloria, we have no problem giving Mayol a rematch. He fought a good fight against me.He's a worthy challenger and I have no problem getting it on again with him. I need about thirty days of down time for this cut to heal and then I'mlooking for Viloria or a Mayol rematch!"

Back
Top Bottom